County Convention

Started by Don Draper, November 27, 2017, 01:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Shaggy Leavy v Peter O Neill. To replace Kavanagh.

And we wonder why we are where we are.

Helix

They'll need a lot of support best of luck to whoever gets it, they'll need it. It surely can't get any worse can it ? :o
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Don Draper

Quote from: Helix on November 27, 2017, 11:00:40 PM
They'll need a lot of support best of luck to whoever gets it, they'll need it. It surely can't get any worse can it ? :o
Yes it can

redsetanta

Don, how and why would it get worse? I only ask because I know very little of the inner workings of Laois GAA politics!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

clonadmad

come and save us Don,Your county needs you to get down off the ditch

either that or Leavy could end up having to do the job of both vice chairman and chairman

steven seagal

And assistant treasurer, he's the only one nominated for that.

Surely Shaggy will pull out though to pursue his dream of forcing all juvenile gaa players in the country to give up the other sports they play

Don Draper

Quote from: redsetanta on November 28, 2017, 09:20:41 AM
Don, how and why would it get worse? I only ask because I know very little of the inner workings of Laois GAA politics!
We have a man who lost a vote for Vice Chairman a few months ago, about to walk into the Chairmans position, uncontested. We have a situation whereby two men allowed their names go forward, only to bollox it up between themselves to allow a non race for the top job, most important job, in Laois GAA.

If you believe this is good for Laois GAA, then pray tell, and you too "clonadmad", what Mr O Neill is going to bring to Laois GAA? Lets not forget, he's backed by a Club who brought Laois GAA to the DRA (aka Supreme Court in our Association terms) a number of months ago.

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on November 28, 2017, 11:54:05 AM
We have a man who lost a vote for Vice Chairman a few months ago, about to walk into the Chairmans position, uncontested. We have a situation whereby two men allowed their names go forward, only to bollox it up between themselves to allow a non race for the top job, most important job, in Laois GAA.

If you believe this is good for Laois GAA, then pray tell, and you too "clonadmad", what Mr O Neill is going to bring to Laois GAA? Lets not forget, he's backed by a Club who brought Laois GAA to the DRA (aka Supreme Court in our Association terms) a number of months ago.

Id say the odds of Portlaoise getting a stand and floodlights funded has been greatly increased,for starters.

He's there,because no one else go off their arses and stepped forward,that's why.

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on November 28, 2017, 12:02:28 PM

Id say the odds of Portlaoise getting a stand and floodlights funded has been greatly increased,for starters.

He's there,because no one else go off their arses and stepped forward,that's why.
He's there, like the rest of them, because no one else will touch it as long as they continue musical chairs. Good men will come and give up (cf Cheddar) out of sheer frustration with the shite.

SCFC

If the two lads managed to bollox up who was running maybe it's just as well they're not going to be in charge.

O'Neill isn't very inspiring either but has moved in the right circles for years now. An offaly man too.

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on November 28, 2017, 12:25:22 PM

If the two lads managed to bollox up who was running maybe it's just as well they're not going to be in charge.

O'Neill isn't very inspiring either but has moved in the right circles for years now. An offaly man too.
Its not so much a race to the top, as the last to the bottom.

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on November 28, 2017, 12:19:43 PM

He's there, like the rest of them, because no one else will touch it as long as they continue musical chairs. Good men will come and give up (cf Cheddar) out of sheer frustration with the shite.

always easier to curse the dark than light a candle

Who did you propose for the positions in your club,Don?

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on November 28, 2017, 12:37:26 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on November 28, 2017, 12:19:43 PM

always easier to curse the dark than light a candle

Who did you propose for the positions in your club,Don?
Sean

portlaoisekid

Clown

Don Draper

Quote from: portlaoisekid on November 28, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Clown
You're not wrong there.