National Hurling Legue 1B 2018

Started by redsetanta, October 13, 2017, 04:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobias

Why wouldn't Zane be asked back in? He would certainly add to the midfield/forward options.
I guess the question is..would he come back. Even though he is still only 29, if he doesn't go back this year he probably never will and once he hits 30 he probably never will.
He might decide to give it one more year with the potential incentive of playing the tier 2 final in croke park.
Others from Camross are Ciaran Collier Dwane Palmer from last year. Hopefully Gearoid Burke. Id also have a look at Joe Phelan and Mark Dowling.
Its a pity not to see Joe Campion, Liam Delaney, Robbie Phelan, Aaron Bergin and maybe Stephen Phelan not in there.

portlaoisekid

Quote from: burdizzo on November 20, 2017, 07:08:54 PM
What's the form w/ Cahir Healy? I know he's injured, but will he be w/ the hurlers again this year, does anyone know?
He is out until late spring at the earliest, I cannot see him get back to 100% in time and playing any Laois hurling in 2018.

redsetanta

I think I read somewhere that Eric Kileen got U21 player of the year!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

blueandwhite1

Quote from: redsetanta on November 21, 2017, 10:56:11 AM
I think I read somewhere that Eric Kileen got U21 player of the year!

Totally deserved too. Other standouts for me in the competition were Robbie Phelan, Paddy McCane, Jack Kelly, Aidan Corby and Aaron Bergin.

Eric looked more influential at midfield than he did in defence but was the difference for Rathdowney Errill when it mattered.

We seem to have a strong supply of forwards but very few backs that I can see coming through. Used to be the other way around historically in Laois.

redsetanta

What's Joe Campions situation? He played a couple of years ago. Is it work/college or lack of interest?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

Zane sums up what is wrong in this county and it will never change....Likes of Cahilanne in the football too
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on November 22, 2017, 03:55:53 PM
Zane sums up what is wrong in this county and it will never change....Likes of Cahilanne in the football too
A man working two jobs is what's wrong with this county?

Helix

Laois hurlers playing Tipperary in a challenge match Saturday in kildangan Gaa grounds in Puckan at 2pm. Hopefully some decent preparation underway for the league ahead. Need to be more competitive with some plan at the back to cut out high scores we shipped in this year.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

burdizzo

I believe Burke won't be in this year, after all.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Unlaoised on November 22, 2017, 03:55:53 PM

Paul Cahillane is back in with the footballers this year I believe..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

Quote from: burdizzo on December 06, 2017, 11:43:01 PM
I believe Burke won't be in this year, after all.

Disappointing to hear that. Are there any notable additions to the panel at all?

clonadmad

Quote from: Helix on December 06, 2017, 10:50:43 PM
Laois hurlers playing Tipperary in a challenge match Saturday in kildangan Gaa grounds in Puckan at 2pm. Hopefully some decent preparation underway for the league ahead. Need to be more competitive with some plan at the back to cut out high scores we shipped in this year.

Tipperary will be well depleted

Cathal Barrett, James Barry, Ronan Maher, Pádraic Maher, Patrick Maher, Seamus Callanan, John McGrath, Brendan Maher and Noel McGrath all gone on the All Star Tour

clonadmad

Laois down 1-11 to 0-00 at one stage

Ht now 1-11 to 0-04

clonadmad

redsetanta

What sort of team did Laois have out.