Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 27, 2017, 08:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAA-SMART

It'll be someone like John Evans, we can kid ourselves with the "Laois Man" appointment but won't happen.

BallyroanAbu

Mick Dempsey would you leave it out, shows your age.

seafoid

Is there nobody from the golden generation of Laois football who could be guided by an older manager with experience as part of a 5 year plan? Laois are going around in circles at the moment.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Don Draper

Quote from: seafoid on July 27, 2017, 10:22:41 AM
Is there nobody from the golden generation of Laois football who could be guided by an older manager with experience as part of a 5 year plan? Laois are going around in circles at the moment.
When was this golden generation? I must have missed it.

SCFC

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on July 27, 2017, 09:50:14 AM
What does this mean?
I heard he's in line for the job and posted it here.
Don't attack the poster.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on July 27, 2017, 09:50:14 AM

Sure he would never be good enough for us. What has he done anyway except play for Laois, manage Laois U21s and Seniors previously and win 8 hurling All-Irelands as a coach with Kilkenny. What would he know...

BallyroanAbu

Right must contact Davy Fitz then, because winning hurling all Irelands and football are the same thing.  Its 15 years since he managed a club, 20 since a county and more than 20 since u21.  I never understood why we keep going back to him.  No slur on Mick he was top class when he was there,  but Gaelic Football has moved on.  Maybe he could come on Eamonn Kennedy's backroom team as that where his experience of late lies.

I know there are a lot of boys who have respect for Mick on here, but he has been involved in the appointing and interviewing of managers over the last few years and the results would not fill me with confidence.

town1980

why do them lads guidence for jays sake there all nearly 40 years old,i no lads like malachy but he is over a team that was going for ten in row and with the best club quality on show he is my club team manager but i also would like him tested in a leeser club to see can he bring them up a level,higgins did that with kileen conway in tipperary and clancy no matter wat you say brought ballyraon up so it will be interesting to see wat graigue  do this weekend,,again interview them all

welcomehome

What people forget,there is a big difference in managing a club,than a county...

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on July 27, 2017, 12:27:35 PM
why do them lads guidence for jays sake there all nearly 40 years old,i no lads like malachy but he is over a team that was going for ten in row and with the best club quality on show he is my club team manager but i also would like him tested in a leeser club to see can he bring them up a level,higgins did that with kileen conway in tipperary and clancy no matter wat you say brought ballyraon up so it will be interesting to see wat graigue  do this weekend,,again interview them all

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: welcomehome on July 27, 2017, 12:34:44 PM
What people forget,there is a big difference in managing a club,than a county...

If that was the case only county managers would get county jobs.  Portlaoise at their best would prob operate comfortably in Div 3.  None of them could be worse than TOF, Lillis or  Creedon even if they tried.  Experience only matters with the top teams as they are operating at a certain level.  We are hiring washed out journey men that no one else wants,  I would rather gamble on our own and maybe we can manufacture a good one.

Unison

Quote from: town1980 on July 27, 2017, 12:27:35 PM

Googletranslate?

But from what to English?

portlaoisekid

Serious question, Is there a real appetite from our county board for us to be the best we can be?

I don't think so, too many CB members only interested in their own agenda for us as a county to be the best we can be.

GAA in this county is a mess, the only reason we get national attention in July is because we are the laughing stock of the GAA again. The good time boys of football.

No one decent will get it, a half hearted yes man who will do as he is told by our CB will get it. More money down the drain.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unison