Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 17, 2018, 10:34:52 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 17, 2018, 10:30:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 17, 2018, 09:28:18 PM
Well done to St Endas, Ulster final

And well done to Fitzy and Pat...... ;)

A club that used their money wisely and managed to represent Antrim well  :D

Seems you do have problems with some individuals and clubs.....does your unashamed prejudice reflect in 'decisions made', I wonder.....

Last Man

A great achievement for our young lads and so much potential yet to be realised. Should be a great final. Naomh Éanna abú!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 18, 2018, 08:32:54 AM

Seems you do have problems with some individuals and clubs.....does your unashamed prejudice reflect in 'decisions made', I wonder.....

Does it come across in your write ups for the games? Your prejudice is rooted from unashamed jealousy, you're rude obnoxious and frankly very predictable.

If you ever spoke to me like you did after the Cargin Lamhs game in the street you get a proper response.

As for me refereeing I don't see clubs I ref the game, this is were you'd fail miserably as you're hatred is deep rooted
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 18, 2018, 09:26:35 AM

Does it come across in your write ups for the games? Your prejudice is rooted from unashamed jealousy, you're rude obnoxious and frankly very predictable.

If you ever spoke to me like you did after the Cargin Lamhs game in the street you get a proper response.

As for me refereeing I don't see clubs I ref the game, this is were you'd fail miserably as you're hatred is deep rooted

Thanks a lot for your comments......such will be taken on board and carefully considered.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 18, 2018, 09:48:49 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 18, 2018, 09:26:35 AM

Thanks a lot for your comments......such will be taken on board and carefully considered.

Harder to hide behind the keyboard when people know who you are
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Last Man on November 18, 2018, 08:40:33 AM
A great achievement for our young lads and so much potential yet to be realised. Should be a great final. Naomh Éanna abú!

Superb result and fair play!

Hectic

Aye little over a year ago St Endas were playing Div 2 and a couple of yrs before that they were in Div 3. Hardly an established Senior team. Well done to them and best of luck in the final.

A word on the U21 championship. While I maintain my gripe about the time of the year I am impressed by what the seeding groups are bringing to it. This is an age where some guys can see little else football in a year so a guarantee of 4 games is positive. Also it has done away with the scenrio where 2 of the best teams draw each other in the qualifying round with the winners going on to contest the A comp and the losers cantering through the B competition.

Finally when is the county meeting where St Pauls are hoping for enough clubs to support the motion that a full years football and potentially years of development work in some clubs as well as all associated sporting integrity is less important than St Pauls avoiding competing in the bottom tier next season?

delgany

County convention is on 5th December.

The hot bed of club development didn't field against St. Brigid s in U21 on Sat.

Maybe the thought St.Brigids might beat them or maybe ridicule them for their pathetic motion.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: delgany on November 18, 2018, 07:21:09 PM
County convention is on 5th December.

The hot bed of club development didn't field against St. Brigid s in U21 on Sat.

Maybe the thought St.Brigids might beat them or maybe ridicule them for their pathetic motion.

Look lads it's a motion, nothing else and believe it or not plenty clubs put motions in place every year to save their bacon! I've been banging on about this stuff for years and we are still doing the same thing, if the rule is still available to allow changes before the season starts then clubs will continue to do it. This isn't a new thing and many county committees in the past have allowed this..

Getting personal  on this is not the way

delgany

Antrim clubs turned this option down before the season started. They voted to retain a three division league for 2018. You can't change the rules to suit yourself !

Milltown Row2

Quote from: delgany on November 18, 2018, 07:31:20 PM
Antrim clubs turned this option down before the season started. They voted to retain a three division league for 2018. You can't change the rules to suit yourself !

So if that's the case why is it still an option? Clubs won't forward a proposal if it can't be put in place the next season.

Again I wouldn't knock them. A lot of clubs forward motions and in most cases it's selfish to a point

delgany

If approved   .....if should be ratified for 2020  not next year

Hectic

Yeah look it is current hence worth commenting on in my opinion. Yes other clubs have actually succeeded in saving their bacon with this type of motion in the past. Sarsfields immediately spring to mind if I am correct. Certainly there was a recent case but in that case, again if memory serves me correct, leagues were expanded and a few clubs benefited rather than Sarsfields benefiting at the expense of others.

Hectic

Quote from: delgany on November 18, 2018, 07:50:59 PM
If approved   .....if should be ratified for 2020  not next year

It cannot work in its current guise for 2020 either. That would make 2019's Div3 pointless. I dont think they like of St Pauls, ODees and Ardoyne who will be gunning for promotion would nor should accept their league efforts in 2019 being worthless.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hectic on November 18, 2018, 07:51:32 PM
Yeah look it is current hence worth commenting on in my opinion. Yes other clubs have actually succeeded in saving their bacon with this type of motion in the past. Sarsfields immediately spring to mind if I am correct. Certainly there was a recent case but in that case, again if memory serves me correct, leagues were expanded and a few clubs benefited rather than Sarsfields benefiting at the expense of others.

I could and have in the past named plenty teams who wouldn't take their medicine. That's not the point.. the county need to put measures in place (as Hardststion as mentioned) to make it fair and just.. proposals can be positive btw