Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

The hurling folk who preach we do more for you than you do for us would go into meltdown if this happens. It's Camross, so maybe something that pisses off the rest of the county appeals to them. It's a mad notion. Dropping a whole team to facilitate one player. Am I missing something? Is that the proposal? Seems far fetched at that rate

clonadmad

There's an awful lot more football played in the "hurling" clubs particularly at juvenile level than there is hurling played in the football clubs,thems the facts

There won't be any meltdown

High Fielder

Doesn't make much difference in the overall scheme of things. Nothing to see here

Laoiseabu

The move makes sense . He can still hurl with Camross . If he stays playing football with Camross no offence , he will be playing junior for the foreseeable future . Courtwood are a senior team and he will be exposed to senior football on a regular basis. The majority of the Courtwood lads went to school with him in mountrath so he obviously is friendly with them . He would also know them well from playing with Laois underage with them all the way up . If the chap was serious about playing football at a higher level and putting himself in the shop window he would go through with it .

merman

The obvious thing to do would be for Tyrell to complete a full transfer from Camross to Coutwood or any other football-only club.

He could then hurl with Camross as an isolated player and Camross could still enter a football team if they'd like.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: merman on November 28, 2019, 03:52:00 PM
The obvious thing to do would be for Tyrell to complete a full transfer from Camross to Coutwood or any other football-only club.

He could then hurl with Camross as an isolated player and Camross could still enter a football team if they'd like.

You sure about that?

If he transferred to Courtwood (for example) he could seek permission to hurl with a Hurling ONLY club as far as I know?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

merman

Quote from: Keyser Söze on November 29, 2019, 10:32:19 PM

You sure about that?

If he transferred to Courtwood (for example) he could seek permission to hurl with a Hurling ONLY club as far as I know?

Don't think that's the case Keyser.
The lads from Emo/The Rock/Kilcavan/Annanough all hurling with Mountmellick would suggest it's free game.
In the past there have been lads from Clonad kicking football with Ballyroan or Timahoe as well.

BallyroanAbu

If Tyrell transferred to Courtwood, his isolated player request would come before county committee not a hope in hell of that passing.  Also under what qualification would he transfer to Courtwood as I can't see one.

merman

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on November 29, 2019, 10:55:31 PM
If Tyrell transferred to Courtwood, his isolated player request would come before county committee not a hope in hell of that passing.  Also under what qualification would he transfer to Courtwood as I can't see one.

I've never seen ANY isolated transfer blocked. Not one.

You may be right about the transfer to Coutwood.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: merman on November 29, 2019, 10:49:09 PM

You sure about that?

The lads from Emo/The Rock/Kilcavan/Annanough all hurling with Mountmellick would suggest it's free game.
In the past there have been lads from Clonad kicking football with Ballyroan or Timahoe as well.

Don't Mountmellick operate separate hurling or football clubs?
And they are the only dual club that you mentioned. The rest are single code clubs

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on November 29, 2019, 10:55:31 PM

Sorry, Context should Tyrell be playing for Courtwood it would be a very dubious transfer thus this would be a very different isolated player.  I think comparing to lads from their home club as opposed to this, would be two very different things.

Hard to imagine County Board or Camross playing ball with this,  it's possibly the second or third club his being associated with. 

merman

Quote from: Keyser Söze on November 30, 2019, 01:03:55 AM
Quote from: merman on November 29, 2019, 10:49:09 PM

You sure about that?

Don't Mountmellick operate separate hurling or football clubs?
And they are the only dual club that you mentioned. The rest are single code clubs

Ciaran Burke with The Harps?
(I appreciate it's juvenile so could be different.)

Silkyskillssunshinee

Rumour going around that John O'Loughlin back playing club in Laois with Rosenallis.

Keyser Söze

I think it is different Merman, but I could be wrong. I'm of the opinion that the only way Tyrell could hurl with Camross & kick football with someone else would be if Camross dropped their football team.

Target Man

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on November 30, 2019, 07:27:45 PM
Rumour going around that John O'Loughlin back playing club in Laois with Rosenallis.

That would be surprising, considering he wouldn't play with them when he lived in Laois