Kildare v Galway. Super 8s Round 2. 22 July 2pm #newbridgeornowhere

Started by Dinny Breen, July 16, 2018, 10:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Kildare pick up any injuries last Sunday? Is Feely still not 100% fit?

CornUladh02

It will be interesting to see how Galway go this weekend after the high of last week v Kerry. Mentally tough to peak for 2 games in a week. Same challenge for all super 8 teams though! For Galways sake, I hope it's not a case of after the Lord mayors show!

TheClubman

I think this will be a tight one for Galway. When the game opens up Kildare will drive at Galway in a way Mayo did and Kerry didn't. Still feel Galway will get over the line but it could be closer than many think.

Rossfan

If Galway and Monaghan win this Group is over, although both will want to avoid Dublin in the semi so their game might be competitive enough.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on July 20, 2018, 04:03:54 PM
If Galway and Monaghan win this Group is over, although both will want to avoid Dublin in the semi so their game might be competitive enough.
I don't think Monaghan will beat Kerry. Their quarter final record for the last few years has been poor
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

But none of them games were in CLONES!!
Kerry won't know what planet they're on by the time they find their way there  :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on July 20, 2018, 05:33:44 PM
But none of them games were in CLONES!!
Kerry won't know what planet they're on by the time they find their way there  :D
I always think Clones should be in Tyrone.

Captain Obvious

Will be interesting to see how Kildare fare in this game as they aren't as conditioned like the top teams are and this will be their 5th game in 5 weeks and they are now coming off the back of defeat. The siege mentally they had for the Mayo game won't be there for this game and I highly doubt Galway's defence are going to give away 21 scores in this game.

All logic points to a Galway win but under the circumstances a win for Kildare in this game would be ranked higher than their win over Mayo IMO.

seafoid

Galway are ranked 2nd for Sam. Kildare are ranked 7th.
I think Kildare will be happy with getting to the Super 8 stage. Galway want to get to a semi at least.

Duine Eile

One change for Galway, Peter Cooke in for Conroy as expected. Couple of positional switches also

1. Ruairi Lavelle

2. Declan Kyne

3. Seán Andy Ó Ceallaigh

4. Eoghan Kerin

5. Cathal Sweeney

6. Gareth Bradshaw

7. Johnny Heaney

8. Peter Cooke

9. Thomas Flynn

10. Michael Daly

11. Shane Walsh

12. Seán Kelly

13. Ian Burke

14. Damien Comer

15. Eamonn Brannigan

Dinny Breen

Quote from: seafoid on July 20, 2018, 06:30:30 PM
Galway are ranked 2nd for Sam. Kildare are ranked 7th.
I think Kildare will be happy with getting to the Super 8 stage. Galway want to get to a semi at least.

Blue pills can help with that.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Duine Eile on July 20, 2018, 09:47:01 PM
One change for Galway, Peter Cooke in for Conroy as expected. Couple of positional switches also

1. Ruairi Lavelle

2. Declan Kyne

3. Seán Andy Ó Ceallaigh

4. Eoghan Kerin

5. Cathal Sweeney

6. Gareth Bradshaw

7. Johnny Heaney

8. Peter Cooke

9. Thomas Flynn

10. Michael Daly

11. Shane Walsh

12. Seán Kelly

13. Ian Burke

14. Damien Comer

15. Eamonn Brannigan

O'Neill has named same, would be surprised if they all start.
#newbridgeornowhere

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 20, 2018, 10:58:10 PM
Quote from: Duine Eile on July 20, 2018, 09:47:01 PM

1. Ruairi Lavelle

2. Declan Kyne

3. Seán Andy Ó Ceallaigh

4. Eoghan Kerin

5. Cathal Sweeney

6. Gareth Bradshaw

7. Johnny Heaney

8. Peter Cooke

9. Thomas Flynn

10. Michael Daly

11. Shane Walsh

12. Seán Kelly

13. Ian Burke

14. Damien Comer

15. Eamonn Brannigan

O'Neill has named same, would be surprised if they all start.

I can't see any changes myself. Maybe Feely might struggle to play through injury again but O'Neill has been very averse to making any changes even after defeats. None of the usual subs did much against Monaghan either.

Dinny Breen

If he goes with the same 15 I think that is madness, you can't talk mental fatigue and then not introduce a freshness with 2 or 3 changes. Whatever about the subs making an impact what did the 2 Cribbens and Brophy do to be retained?
#newbridgeornowhere

del_carroll

Would totally agree that that - think we need an injection of energy and slattery, McNally and Kelly should all be in the reckoning