Tyrone v Dublin for a place in the aisf. Omagh

Started by rrhf, July 15, 2018, 09:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 20, 2018, 06:44:56 AM
Quote from: Syferus on July 20, 2018, 01:51:40 AM
Quote from: spuds on July 20, 2018, 01:05:48 AM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 19, 2018, 04:31:27 PM
Many would say Dublin really peaked last year v Tyrone as in that was their best performance for years
Tyrone could get know where near them as they moved the ball so fast from side to side until an opening occurred.
In the final they did not have to perform to that level.

Dublin knew that for a year or two all the media and country were asking is this Tyrone system the one to make the breakthrough with Dublin and they really rose to the challenge.
I'm hoping they fall back a bit this time in their efforts and don't have the same hunger to work so hard.

Tyrone surely will have to give it their all in this game and throw the kitchen sink at them. They know they cannot go into the last game away to Donegal hoping to win there. If we beat the Dubs at all, surely a low points defeat in Donegal will be enough with our high score difference after Roscommon.

There is a chat show on in Sallys at 2pm and then another one in Rue Main Street at 3.30pm if anyone is about.

"Many would say"!! Game over after 3 minutes and beaten by 12 points and you are trying to rewrite history by saying that Tyrone were the team to beat in the eyes of the Dubs last year. You say Dublin didn't have to perform in the final to the same level as they beat Mayo by 1 point. Yeah right.

;D

I wonder if this is a proper grudge match for Tyrone?  ;D

No nothing comes close to the grudge match of the year in Tyrone v Roscommon.

illdecide

I see in today's paper Tyrone have narrowed the pitch in to try and limit the Dubs attacking wide players :-\
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BennyHarp

Quote from: illdecide on July 20, 2018, 09:23:09 AM
I see in today's paper Tyrone have narrowed the pitch in to try and limit the Dubs attacking wide players :-\

Fake news  :D
That was never a square ball!!

illdecide

Quote from: hardstation on July 20, 2018, 09:27:48 AM
Quote from: illdecide on July 20, 2018, 09:23:09 AM
Can't believe that's a story. Happens all the time.

Yeah it does alright but mostly a soccer thing, you don't hear it happening too much in the old GAA
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

TheGreatest

More cheating to try and beat the Dubs.

Change the rules.

Change the pitch dimensions

What next, Mass poisonings

seafoid

Tyrone were abysmal last year.
Zonal marking was dreadful . There was no leadership. Intensity wasn't up to scratch.
Mickey's tactics were overwhelmed. Tyrone couldn't respond on the day.

It will be interesting to see what Tyrone can do this weekend.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

sekibanki

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 20, 2018, 10:47:55 AM
More cheating to try and beat the Dubs.

Change the rules.

Change the pitch dimensions

What next, Mass poisonings

Mass for special intentions, more like. There'll be a few candles lit tonight as well.  ;)

yellowcard

Tyrone are treating this like an All Ireland final whilst for Dublin it's just part of a mini series of League matches enroute to a semi final. If Tyrone fail to win this it could backfire.

Mulligan talking about hostile atmosphere's, pitch narrowing and Harte watching reruns over again of last years semi final shows how much of an obsession that Dublin have become for Tyrone. And that is just the stuff that we know about. Unfortunately for Tyrone even if they win this match it will only get them into a semi final however, they are in danger of throwing too much energy into a mid season match. 

Supporters also in danger of getting carried away by the hype similar to before last years semi final appearing not to recognise that it's not even a knockout match. 

BennyHarp

Quote from: yellowcard on July 20, 2018, 11:12:15 AM
Tyrone are treating this like an All Ireland final whilst for Dublin it's just part of a mini series of League matches enroute to a semi final. If Tyrone fail to win this it could backfire.

Mulligan talking about hostile atmosphere's, pitch narrowing and Harte watching reruns over again of last years semi final shows how much of an obsession that Dublin have become for Tyrone. And that is just the stuff that we know about. Unfortunately for Tyrone even if they win this match it will only get them into a semi final however, they are in danger of throwing too much energy into a mid season match.

Aye but sure if we aren't going to win the All Ireland then we'll take beating the Dubs in Omagh as a bit of a one off victory. Sure what should we do just forfeit the game? GAA fans are more f**kin negative than any of the football played on the pitch.
That was never a square ball!!

trueblue1234

Quote from: yellowcard on July 20, 2018, 11:12:15 AM

Supporters also in danger of getting carried away by the hype similar to before last years semi final appearing not to recognise that it's not even a knockout match.

Ah here that's nonsense. Course they are putting big effort into it. I'd be annoyed as a supporter if they just accepted their lot like too many other counties. I'm glad they are analyzing ways to beat the Duds. You seem to be making this out to be a bad thing. Dublin are that far ahead of the chasing pack that it will take something special to beat them and that won't just happen by luck. Take some of the stories you hear in the media with a pinch of salt. But teams don't get many chances to play Dublin outside their own backyard in Championship so Tyrone are right to look at how best to beat then when the opportunity arises. It's not just a mid season match, if they win it they're in a Semi final. Loses and they only have one more chance to qualify and that will be another equally tough game in my opinion.
As for supporters getting carried away, that's neither here or there. That will be their own look out if they end up with egg on their face, but will have zero impact as to the result of the game. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Fuzzman

Fair play TrueBlue but you can just hear the jealousy in the previous posts
Loads of counties would give their left eye to get a chance to play the Dubs in their own home ground on a proper championship match. These are the AI champs who are going for three in a f**king row and many would say are a professional outfit so of course you are gonna leave no stone unturned.

I am delighted we're making it into our biggest match in years and for me living in Dublin for 22 years its a massive game. For years I've been slagging my Dub mates that they dont really know what its like to play a full gung ho championship game away from home when the ref, umpires, fans, stewards and everyone seem to be against you.

The Dubs are coming to this game in their thousands so you can see what it means to them and whilst I've heard it here all week that it might do "US" no harm to lose we'll still come back and beat ye in the final.

Personally I think we have a chance but I've also been to enough Dubs matches (and Tyrone) to see things go tits up and when they get a goal the belief and swagger comes back into their veins

However, should we be right in their faces with a nasty atmosphere from the crowd, then how do the Dubs react when they miss a few chances. Does the uneasiness within the fans start to creep onto the pitch?
Do usually simple shots suddenly be questioned in their minds and so they pass the buck to someone else?

This is what all the extra "nonsense" can cause. Doubt in players minds. If the Dubs don't get a few early scores or that all important goal that gets their fans singing then what happens?

It's gas how many of us GAA fans (maybe just Irish people) are so superstitious and really believe crap like
"Ah don't be too positive or talk your team up in case of a heavy fall"
The element of begrudgery is unreal

Id say there are loads like Syphilis and Seafoid who would in a way love to see us beat the Dubs but will also take great pleasure in us losing as SOME of us fans think we might have a chance.
Its like the kinda want England to get to a WC final but lose mindset yet 2 months later they're supporting ManU

If Harte and the squad wasn't watching videos of Dublin and trying to spot weaknesses I'd be very worried but then again maybe that's why Armagh and some other counties are happy to stay at that level.

I think my biggest disappointment on Sat evening is gonna be seeing so much blue in Healy park and not enough red and white. The fans need to wake the hell up and give something back to the team and not be just whingy old men and women.

Rois

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 20, 2018, 11:53:06 AM
As for supporters getting carried away, that's neither here or there. That will be their own look out if they end up with egg on their face, but will have zero impact as to the result of the game.
This is completely correct.  ALL of us will have experienced the unexpected defeat of our county team at some point - even the Dubs aren't (or weren't) immune there.   
Omagh is really gearing up for this match - I see the council have a special page on FB promoting the local businesses who are getting into the spirit and a fanzone in Main St.

Dublin visitors - call up and see Garvaghey on the way up the road on Saturday.  It'll look much better in the summer than in the dark of winter. 

toby47

Have two spare tickets for the game if anyone is interested

Helpline

Have a mattress on the floor for any travelling Dublin fans that have nowhere to stay. Should be a great night craic!
The first half was even, the second half was even worse