FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duine Eile

The Paddy Sweeney experiment continues  ::)good to see Johnny Duane back, be interesting to see what kind of form he's in, Ciaran Duggan was impressive for Annaghdown this year, big pressure on Sean Andy after all the talk about him after the u-21 last year, hopefully it all goes well for him.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Duine Eile on January 02, 2018, 11:50:08 PM
The Paddy Sweeney experiment continues  ::)good to see Johnny Duane back, be interesting to see what kind of form he's in, Ciaran Duggan was impressive for Annaghdown this year, big pressure on Sean Andy after all the talk about him after the u-21 last year, hopefully it all goes well for him.
Pat Hughes will give him plenty to think about, a handful for most defenders. Is it true Ronan Ó Beoláin will be the 9th different goalkeeper to start for Galway seniors under Kevin Walsh?

Duine Eile

That sounds about right re the goalkeepers, with Bernard Power tied up with Corofin for the next while we'll probably see plenty of rotation during the FBD and the league.

galwayman

Jesus Christ what is KWs obsession with Patrick Sweeney all about.
It has been proven time and time and time again that he just isn't up to senior county standard.
Why not use the few chances you have to experiment to actually blood someone who might have a chance of doing something in the summer?
Also - I've seen O Beolain several times & think he's not even as good as Power to be honest.
This team is disappointing.
I'd like to have seen another corner back given a chance.
KW knows all about Declan Kyne by now and we need to find out about lads that can play in that position ASAP.

sligoman2

Sligo Team to face Galway tomorrow evening;  Aidan Devaney, Eoin McHugh, Eddie McGuinness, Mikey Gordon, Keelan Cawley, Darragh Cummins, Gerard O'Kelly Lynch, Patrick O'Connor, Paul Kilcoyne, Neil Ewing, Finnian Cawley, Jodie O'Reilly, Adrian Marren, Pat Hughes, Sean Carrabine

I like what I see, a very young team, many making their debut, FBD Is about experimenting and league prep.

Good luck to all tonight in the Mecca of sligo football.....
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: galwayman on January 03, 2018, 09:17:28 AM
It has been proven time and time and time again that he just isn't up to senior county standard.
Why not use the few chances you have to experiment to actually blood someone who might have a chance of doing something in the summer?
Also - I've seen O Beolain several times & think he's not even as good as Power to be honest.
KW knows all about Declan Kyne by now and we need to find out about lads that can play in that position ASAP.

Sweeney's inclusion surprises me, its not as if its a position Galway are weak in. Surely would have made more sense to give the game time to someone else.

Is D'Arcy injured as I'd have thought he'd have been ahead of Maher in the pecking order after a very impressive run in the u21's last year.

GaillimhIarthair

Tonight's FBD clash between Sligo and Galway has been moved from Tourlestrane to The Connacht GAA Centre, Bekan.

Syferus

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on January 03, 2018, 02:58:50 PM
Tonight's FBD clash between Sligo and Galway has been moved from Tourlestrane to The Connacht GAA Centre, Bekan.

Lord help any man trying to play football in this weather.

Duine Eile

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 03, 2018, 01:39:18 PM
Quote from: galwayman on January 03, 2018, 09:17:28 AM

Sweeney's inclusion surprises me, its not as if its a position Galway are weak in. Surely would have made more sense to give the game time to someone else.

Is D'Arcy injured as I'd have thought he'd have been ahead of Maher in the pecking order after a very impressive run in the u21's last year.

Possibly being kept for Mayo game on Sunday? Not on the subs either. Agreed re Paddy Sweeney, we know what we're going to get from him at this stage, I'd prefer to see the likes of Robert or Eoin Finnerty or even Dessie Conneely get a chance there.

The Galway starting XV & subs vs Sligo
(FBD League)

1. Ronan Ó Beoláin (Micheál Breathnach)
2. Declan Kyne (Clonbur)
3. Seán Andy Ó Ceallaigh (Naomh Ánna Leitir Móir)
4. Evan Wynne (Salthill/Knocknacarra)
5. Cathal Sweeney (Killannin)
6. Johnny Duane (St. James')
7. David Wynne (Maigh Cuilinn)
8. Thomas Flynn (Athenry)
9. Kieran Duggan (Annaghdown)
10. John Maher (Salthill/Knocknacarra)
11. Peter Cooke (Maigh Cuilinn)
12. Sean Kelly (Maigh Cuilinn)
13. Frankie Burke (Annaghdown)
14. Patrick Sweeney (Killannin)
15. Adrian Varley (Cortoon Shamrocks)

Subs

16. Ruairi Lavelle (Renvyle)
17. Eoghan Kerin (Annaghdown)
18. Gareth Bradshaw (Maigh Cuilinn)
19. Paul Conroy (St. James')
20. Eamonn Brannigan (St. Michael's)
21. Barry McHugh (Mountbellew/Moylough)
22. Robert Finnerty (Salthill/Knocknacarra)
23. Padraic Cunningham (Headford)

Team and subs, sorry sight not to see one young player from Tuam, Milltown, Killererin, Dunmore, Monivea etc. on the panel, surely things haven't tipped in favour of the city and west that much in recent years! 4 from Moycullen must be some kind of record.

Rossfan

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on January 03, 2018, 02:58:50 PM
Leitrim/Ros still on in Annaduff last I heard.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Half times

Leitrim 0-2 Roscommon 2-6
Galway 1-7 Sligo 0-5

Syferus

Lord help Leitrim because if they can't even compete with us on January 3rd the championship match is going to be a complete bloodbath.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Syferus on January 03, 2018, 07:47:26 PM
Lord help Leitrim because if they can't even compete with us on January 3rd the championship match is going to be a complete bloodbath.

You seem obsessed with how seemingly poor Leitrim seem to be!

Be it here, or on stolensheep

GaillimhIarthair

Galway 1-12 Sligo 0-11 FT

Cunny Funt

Full times

Sligo 0-11 Galway 1-12
Leitrim 1-3 Roscommon 2-14