FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 13, 2017, 10:05:50 PM
Quote from: mrhardyannual on December 13, 2017, 08:33:16 PM
Quote from: mrhardyannual on December 13, 2017, 08:31:25 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 13, 2017, 04:57:30 PM
Lots of new players training with Galway currently especially as the Corofin players will likely be missing for most it not all the league and there are a number of senior players who will also miss the league as they are recovering from injuries.

Called up are Sean Andy O'Ceallaigh (Leitir Mor), Peter Cooke (Moycullen), Sean Kelly (Moycullen), Ronan Boland (Michael Breathnach), Cein D'Arcy (Caherlistrane), John Maher (Salthil), Eoin Finnerty (Mountbellew-Moylough), Rob Finnerty (Salthill), Dessie Conneely (Moycullen), Ciaran Duggan (Annaghdown), Frankie Burke (Annaghdown), Evan Wynne (Salthill).

Called up from the past two minor teams are Sean Mulkerrin (Oileain Arann) and Evan Murphy (Salthill).

Back after missing 2017 due to injury are Patrick Sweeney (Killanin) and Adrian Varley (Cortoon Shamrocks).

Cillian McDaid (Monivea Abbey) has joined Carlton in the AFL.
Thats Sam sorted for this year then. The Aristocrats are back!

Just giving a squad update for those who are interested in those type of things.

For those with more than a passing interest like myself the information is much appreciated GBB!

seafoid

Cortoon Shamrocks always remind me of this song where he sings

Don't want to end up in Cortoon
In a Cortoon graveyard

https://youtu.be/uq-gYOrU8bA
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

macdanger2

Lots of new players training with Galway currently especially as the Corofin players will likely be missing for most it not all the league and there are a number of senior players who will also miss the league as they are recovering from injuries.

Called up are Sean Andy O'Ceallaigh (Leitir Mor), Peter Cooke (Moycullen), Sean Kelly (Moycullen), Ronan Boland (Michael Breathnach), Cein D'Arcy (Caherlistrane), John Maher (Salthil), Eoin Finnerty (Mountbellew-Moylough), Rob Finnerty (Salthill), Dessie Conneely (Moycullen), Ciaran Duggan (Annaghdown), Frankie Burke (Annaghdown), Evan Wynne (Salthill).

Called up from the past two minor teams are Sean Mulkerrin (Oileain Arann) and Evan Murphy (Salthill).

Back after missing 2017 due to injury are Patrick Sweeney (Killanin) and Adrian Varley (Cortoon Shamrocks).

Ye hoors have plenty of young forwards, any chance ye'd give back Larry jnr?

Maroon Manc

Going to be a struggle for Galway to stay up given the likely loss of the Corofin lads and with the injuries to the 5 O'Currain, O'Donnell, Cummins, Heaney & Daly. Then there's Power, Silke, Farragher, Sice, Lundy, Molloy & Burke from Corofin although it gives opportunities to others.

Delighted to see Paddy Tally involved, I know a little bit about him and his methods and think he'll be a great addition.

mouview

Quote from: macdanger2 on December 14, 2017, 10:36:05 AM

Ya, take him away. He's not great anyway I'm afraid.

Syferus

Being in D1 isn't ideal for blooding a bunch of rookies when you're a team just up and favoured for the drop.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: mouview on December 14, 2017, 03:05:58 PM

Wouldn't write him off just yet as you can see the talent that is there but he definitely gave a few displays last year that would worry you a bit. From what I remember he had an absolute nightmare against Kerry in the U-21 semi final. He must have left about 2-3 behind him. I guess you could say at least he was getting into good positions to score. Worse maybe was then being taken off at half-time in the final against Dublin where he was just anonymous. Still I'm loathe to criticise a young lad too much who was just out of minor last year.

galwayman

Interesting to see Evan Murphy called in. I really didn't think we'd see him play senior football with Galway.
Thought he'd be gone off Stateside on a soccer scholarship.
Will be interesting to see how he gets on with them.

rosnarun

giid to see Jason gibbons micheal hall and Adam Gallagher all back on the mayo panel for the FBD . I thought Gibbons in particular last year could have played a major role
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mouview

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 14, 2017, 05:04:20 PM
Quote from: mouview on December 14, 2017, 03:05:58 PM

Wouldn't write him off just yet as you can see the talent that is there but he definitely gave a few displays last year that would worry you a bit. From what I remember he had an absolute nightmare against Kerry in the U-21 semi final. He must have left about 2-3 behind him. I guess you could say at least he was getting into good positions to score. Worse maybe was then being taken off at half-time in the final against Dublin where he was just anonymous. Still I'm loathe to criticise a young lad too much who was just out of minor last year.

True, we'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Rossfan

Only a few weeks to go.
Can't wait to be heading to lovely Annaduff.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maroon Manc

Quote from: galwayman on December 15, 2017, 10:10:48 AM
Interesting to see Evan Murphy called in. I really didn't think we'd see him play senior football with Galway.
Thought he'd be gone off Stateside on a soccer scholarship.
Will be interesting to see how he gets on with them.

Anyone know how he performed for Salthill during the season? I only saw him one in quarter final against Cavan and he was dreadful.

Cunny Funt

Roscommon first up to publish a team for next Wednesdays FBD games

Colm Lavin (Éire Óg)
Peter Domican (St. Brigid’s)
Niall McInerney (St. Brigid’s)
Ross Timothy (St Croan’s)
Tadhg McKenna (Boyle)
David Murray (Padraig Pearses)
Conor Devaney (Kilbride)
Tadhg O Rourke (Tulsk)
Ian Kilbride (St. Brigid’s)
Niall Daly (Padraig Pearses)
Niall Kilroy (Fuerty)
Padraig Kelly (St. Brigid’s)
Ciaran Murtagh (St. Faithleach’s)
Diarmuid Murtagh (St. Faithleach’s)
Finbarr Cregg (Western Gaels)

Subs

Aaron Brady (Elphin)
Ciaran Lennon (Clann na nGael)
Donie Smith (Boyle)
Enda Smith (Boyle)
Henry Walsh (Kilbride)
Philip Neilan (Fuerty)
Ronan Daly (Padraig Pearses)
Seán Mullooly (Strokestown)
Shane Dowd (Creggs)

Rossfan

Ten of the 24 weren't on the panel in 17.
Good to see Domican back in the Ros jersey after 5 ir 6 years.
Hope he is able to get back to County level by Summer as we heed good defenders.
Haven't been in around Leitrim's CofE - any spectator accommodation?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Galway and Sligo teams named for tomorrows meeting

1. Ronan Ó Beoláin (Micheál Breathnach)
2. Declan Kyne (Clonbur)
3. Seán Andy Ó Ceallaigh (Naomh Ánna Leitir Móir)
4. Evan Wynne (Salthill/Knocknacarra)
5. Cathal Sweeney (Killannin)
6. Johnny Duane (St. James')
7. David Wynne (Maigh Cuilinn)
8. Thomas Flynn (Athenry)
9. Kieran Duggan (Annaghdown)
10. John Maher (Salthill/Knocknacarra)
11. Peter Cooke (Maigh Cuilinn)
12. Sean Kelly (Maigh Cuilinn)
13. Frankie Burke (Annaghdown)
14. Patrick Sweeney (Killannin)
15. Adrian Varley (Cortoon Shamrocks)

1. Aidan Devaney (Calry/St.Joseph's)
2. Eoin McHugh (St.Molaise Gaels)
3. Eddie McGuinness (Tubbercurry)
4. Mikey Gordon (Easkey)
5. Keelan Cawley (Coolera/Standhill)
6. Darragh Cummins (Calry/St.Joseph's)
7. Gerard O'Kelly Lynch (St.Mary's)
8. Patrick O'Connor (St.Farnan's)
9. Paul Kilcoyne (St.Mary's)
10. Neil Ewing (Drumcliffe/Rosses Point)
11. Finnian Cawley (St.Farnan's)
12. Jodie O'Reilly (Geevagh)
13. Adrian Marren (Curry)
14. Pat Hughes (Geevagh)
15. Sean Carrabine (Castleconnor)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose