Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

as i a said in the past, i rather have the money to do up the main 6 counties stadiums, or in Armagh case pay of the bills as they done there refurb. Celtic park would take 7 million to do it right. then we advertise for supporters to fill it lol

Maguire01

Quote from: drici on July 22, 2013, 01:42:27 AM
31,912 of a crowd at the Ulster Senior Football Final in Clones involving the Home County in both Minor and Senior Finals.

Oh dear Oh Dear Oh Dear
The Ulster Final was a sell-out this year. Capacity was reduced by 4,000 due to health and safety requirements. There were no tickets available on the day or in the days leading up to the game.

qubdub

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 12, 2013, 06:35:03 PM
as i a said in the past, i rather have the money to do up the main 6 counties stadiums, or in Armagh case pay of the bills as they done there refurb. Celtic park would take 7 million to do it right. then we advertise for supporters to fill it lol
What about the other 3 counties, I realise it is NI gov money but surely Ulster Council remit includes those three? In any case I agree, I think most people would agree, but the money is for a stadium and nothing else.

Maguire01

Quote from: qubdub on September 12, 2013, 06:44:44 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 12, 2013, 06:35:03 PM
What about the other 3 counties, I realise it is NI gov money but surely Ulster Council remit includes those three? In any case I agree, I think most people would agree, but the money is for a stadium and nothing else.
I believe the option was for one stadium and nothing else. But considering the Ulster Council is topping up the public funding, maybe they should build a more modest stadium in Casement and spread the rest around. I'm not aware of any match-funding requirement.

Wildweasel74

far as i am aware the money only cover the counties in northern ireland, but i think if there is not a refurb done, i am not sure if this money can be allocated to the other counties.

I rather derry get £7million to do up celtic Park, scrap their existing changing rooms, built a stand here, reseat the terrance area running along side the pitch, totally demolish the terrace area behind the far goal, rebulit a complete seated stand here with tunnels running under for the team coming from changing rooms built under/rear of this new stand, Honestly think derry people prefer that to doing up Casement that may be full 3 times in a year.

At least Clones had 20+ pubs to drink in before the game, round casement there is 4 if your lucky

theticklemister

Quote from: hardstation on September 12, 2013, 07:30:24 PM
A 38000 seater stadium at Casement park may be full 3 times a year??

WTF?
Beat me to it!!

Some lies there wildweasel......

This 'new' caseent pk if made will probably only, if at all full up only once a year if tyrone or armagh make final.

More than 4 pubs and anyway they suffice the four yer on about

The people in derry dont want celtic pk done up never mind anyone else

The ground at celtic pk is sufficint for what we have supporters wise. Sure owenbeg is less than half the size but it is.more loved already.

Wildweasel74

Owenbeg, love it to death since i was stuck in the carpark for 50mins against Sligo, have refused to go back to it since. the parking nightmare improve any round it

theticklemister

they were looking to put a big black barrier there instead of gates last week.doesn't make a difference, I flegged this up before a game was played in owenbeg that there is only one entrance and one exit hence all the traffic problems. No such problems last week as all the dungiven 'fans' left wile wile early.

Wildweasel74

well it def needs 2 exits one for the mad north derry crowd  going left the other for the uppity south derry lot hitting right after the game

drici

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 12, 2013, 06:44:03 PM

Capacity was reduced by 4,000 due to health and safety requirements.

Aye - throw up a link for that.

Bingo

WTF?

To be honest I don't think the sole motivation for this stadium is GAA matches. They likely see Belfast as missing a main outdoor stadium for concerts and the like, this will fit that bill.

orangeman

Quote from: Bingo on September 13, 2013, 09:50:11 AM

WTF?

To be honest I don't think the sole motivation for this stadium is GAA matches. They likely see Belfast as missing a main outdoor stadium for concerts and the like, this will fit that bill.

What about the American football ? Ulster rugby ? Soccer internationals ? Athletics ?

Casement will have to change its name first but all is possible.

Sprignsteen would sound good in the new Westminster sponsored amphitheatre. He says he's coming back soon.

Bingo

Quote from: hardstation on September 13, 2013, 09:51:11 AM
Quote from: Bingo on September 13, 2013, 09:50:11 AM

WTF?

Oh, that's ok then.
I wonder why the residents have any objections at all.

You can be a right b*llix at times. Did I say it was ok or that this justified the build or should put the residents as ease.

Maguire01

Quote from: drici on September 13, 2013, 09:36:48 AM

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/standing-room-only-as-the-field-begins-to-narrow-1.1477382

if Health & Safety measures hadn't reduced the capacity of Clones by 4,000 from what it was last year, we would have easily filled those as well.

"We had demand for almost 10,000 tickets over capacity for the Ulster final."

You're welcome.

drici

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 14, 2013, 04:49:00 PM
Quote from: drici on September 13, 2013, 09:36:48 AM

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/standing-room-only-as-the-field-begins-to-narrow-1.1477382

if Health & Safety measures hadn’t reduced the capacity of Clones by 4,000 from what it was last year, we would have easily filled those as well.

“We had demand for almost 10,000 tickets over capacity for the Ulster final.”

You're welcome.

No No - a link to the Health and Safety people - not a statement from one of them three hours of sunlight boys.