Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

I'd say that had it been Man Utd building the stadium to play the odd match over here the same residents would probably be in full support
Careful now

ONeill

Just to be clear here - do people not want the redevelopment at all?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

The Raven

Quote from: hardstation on September 05, 2013, 09:36:43 PM
Quote from: ONeill on September 05, 2013, 09:31:11 PM
Just to be clear here - do people not want the redevelopment at all?
People have no problem with redevelopment. They just dont want what has been proposed.

Very lazy, Dougal.

But its true

ONeill

ONeill

Fair enough.

Is simply renovating what already exists the ideal option here - just barely increasing the capacity?

Seems logical. Why do they want to build a monster? Is there an obligation to do so?

ONeill

Right - but surely the Ulster crowd aren't arrogant ogres and would reconsider - do you know what the alternative proposals are and why the Uladh crowd are opposed to them?

rodney trotter

Should never have been proposed for Belfast in the first place , no offense. Not exactly ideal location. Somewhere like Armagh in mid Ulster would have suited all counties.

ONeill

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 05, 2013, 10:10:48 PM
Should never have been proposed for Belfast in the first place , no offense. Not exactly ideal location. Somewhere like Armagh in mid Ulster would have suited all counties.

I've always thought that. Dungannon or somewhere like that. Casement is fine as it is. A lick of paint maybe.

armaghniac

QuoteI've always thought that. Dungannon or somewhere like that

In a previous job I did  logistics analysis and Dungannon around the junction at the end of the M1 was pretty much the place to serve Ulster.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on September 05, 2013, 10:22:21 PM

Ulster GAA just want what they proposed and that's it. Residents mean fcuk all to them.

That cannot be true. They must have a valid reason (in their eyes) to override the concerns of residents.

SkillfulBill

I absolutely hate going to matches in Casement and hope the residents stop  the whole process dead in its tracks. There is a great big empty car park in Anne St in Dungannon which would be ideal for it.

Orior

Quote from: armaghniac on September 05, 2013, 10:25:17 PM

In a previous job I did  logistics analysis and Dungannon around the junction at the end of the M1 was pretty much the place to serve Ulster.

So using that logic they should move Croke Park to Athlone. I say keep it in Beal Feirste.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

rodney trotter

Quote from: Orior on September 05, 2013, 10:42:09 PM

So using that logic they should move Croke Park to Athlone. I say keep it in Beal Feirste.

Difference being, Croker has been the National Stadium for over a Century. This is being proposed in 2013 not 100 years ago.

ONeill

Quote from: Orior on September 05, 2013, 10:42:09 PM

They should. Advantage Mayo.