Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: ziggysego on February 05, 2013, 08:36:08 PM
Quote from: Ulick on February 05, 2013, 08:23:26 PM
Uncovered at two ends?

Yeah. I believe that was stated before Christmas.
Probably necessary considering how close houses are, especially at the back end.

qubdub

That's good I reckon, leaving the ends uncovered gives a good frame for Black Mountain in the background.

Maguire01

Given that Casement is still due to host the Monaghan game this summer, I'm assuming the schedule is sliding? It could well be 2017 before it's finished.

Hardy

Why is every player in this half of the field running towards the square?

Winnie Peg

A beautiful stadium which the paid Ulster GAA officials will take great pride in but another white elephant which the ordinary GAA person will be paying for in 50 years time. From a financial viewpoint, it is totally untenable and will be open and only 25% full on less days than the union jack will be flying on the city hall.

PAULD123

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 05, 2013, 08:16:46 PM
Impressive render

Some game that only -  11 Down players and 12 Antrim players on the pitch, And with no Antrim goalie, I fancy thon Down forward's chances of slotting the goal home!!!

armaghniac

QuoteSome game that only -  11 Down players and 12 Antrim players on the pitch, And with no Antrim goalie, I fancy thon Down forward's chances of slotting the goal home!!!

The goalie and 2 other Antrim players are wrestling with 4 Down players at the corner flag just off the right of the picture!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

NAG1

Quote from: armaghniac on February 06, 2013, 01:52:20 PM
QuoteSome game that only -  11 Down players and 12 Antrim players on the pitch, And with no Antrim goalie, I fancy thon Down forward's chances of slotting the goal home!!!

The goalie and 2 other Antrim players are wrestling with 4 Down players at the corner flag just off the right of the picture!

At least three Antrim men with no helmets on too, is the ref not paying attention at all!

johnneycool

Quote from: armaghniac on February 06, 2013, 01:52:20 PM

That's Liam Clarke at the edge of the 6 yard area. Liam has never been that far up the pitch in his life.

southdown

Forget all the negative comments.  That is a great looking stadium.

Stall the Bailer

No big square in the future either. Who suggested these new rules?

AQMP

Quote from: Hardy on February 06, 2013, 12:27:12 PM
Why is every player in this half of the field running towards the square?

You haven't seen much Ulster hurling, have you Hardy!

Corkey22

The stadium looks great and it would be fantastic to have such a state of the art stadium in ulster. Cant see it being viable at all though, unless it is used for other sports or concerts etc

Corkey22

Does anyone know where Antrim will play when this is being built?