Leinster Senior Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 18, 2016, 01:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

I don't know who they are. If I did, I would go to my nearest CB member and ask that they be suspended from the panel for at least six months

High Fielder

All year long, there has been a little cohort on here giving out about everything Peter Creedon has tried to do. It looks like now he didn't know four panel members were drinking. Good luck getting lads to an inter county standard of fitness when they're swilling pints. Honestly lads, you trip yourselves up over and over again. You either want it done right or you tolerate amateurism in what is now a very professional environment

Keyser Söze

Quote from: High Fielder on July 19, 2017, 11:32:32 AM
I don't know who they are. If I did, I would go to my nearest CB member and ask that they be suspended from the panel for at least six months

So if for instance,  I was the next manager of Laois Senior Football team, I would have disciplinary matters that didn't happen on my watch investigated and sentenced by random supporters?
This is about the craziest notion I've ever encountered from a GAA fan.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Keyser Söze

Quote from: High Fielder on July 19, 2017, 11:37:12 AM
All year long, there has been a little cohort on here giving out about everything Peter Creedon has tried to do. It looks like now he didn't know four panel members were drinking. Good luck getting lads to an inter county standard of fitness when they're swilling pints. Honestly lads, you trip yourselves up over and over again. You either want it done right or you tolerate amateurism in what is now a very professional environment

Poor Peter, he didn't know.
If they had any respect for him they wouldn't have been doing it in the first place.
Poor Peter. Light a candle for him on your way home from your neighbourhood county board member's house!

High Fielder

Quote from: Keyser Söze on July 19, 2017, 11:38:50 AM

So if for instance,  I was the next manager of Laois Senior Football team, I would have disciplinary matters that didn't happen on my watch investigated and sentenced by random supporters?

No. If the CB were interested in doing things properly, they would suspend these players. Just like most counties will. Tipp did it earlier in the year and proper order.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: High Fielder on July 19, 2017, 11:43:28 AM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on July 19, 2017, 11:38:50 AM

No. If the CB were interested in doing things properly, they would suspend these players. Just like most counties will. Tipp did it earlier in the year and proper order.

A couple of posts ago it was at your insistence.
Again, your apparent lack of insight into how teams (at any level- let alone intercounty) comes to the fore.
The Tipperary CB suspended nobody. The Tipperary SENIOR HURLING MANAGEMENT temporarily dropped players from their squad for repeated breaches.
Managements run their squads. No manager would stand for CBs jumping in to discipline players in this manner.

High Fielder

To ask is not to insist. Typical keyboard terrorist trying to jumble up posters words to make your point.

I don't see the point in gossiping about it. We don't need or want lads like this. No matter how good they are. No county does. This all just looks like part of the dampaign to oust Creedon, which matters little because irrespective of who the coach is, we don't have the players anyway.

Tony

The lads drinking did not happen.

Think about it. If 4 or more lads were drinking ALCOHOL a few days before a match, OF COURSE that would get back to management and SENIOR PLAYERS. They're not fools. Let's say Brody, Farrell, Buggie and Paul Kingston were getting drunk in Ramsbottoms. Do you think for one second that wouldn't get back to the selectors, to senior players that would be 100% against that? That's a joke. To ANYONE associated with the squad? Players like that would be dropped IMMEDIATELY on any inter county panel.

What we're experiencing here is hearsay. Even Ballyroan Abu "has a fair idea of who was drinking". Clearly you didn't see it yourself BA. You heard it from a lad who heard it from a lad. Say it like it is and tell the truth. Same with you town1980 - you heard some lad say he saw some lads up town who looked like they maybe were drinking.

In all reality, likely a few of the team having non alcoholic drinks while having a laugh. That's possible you know - not everyone always have to drink. In this day in age of mobile phones, someone, SOMEWHERE must have taken a photo of a player having a Guinness. But there's nothing, zilch. There's a bunch of lads who heard that another lad heard that another lad saw a few team members maybe having a rum and coke. Or was that just a coke? The person who saw it was probably too drunk too tell.

Sick of hearing these stupid rumours. Prove it, name the lads, post the photo - and while you're at it, put up a photo of yourself beside it.

Getting ridiculous - I even heard another more vicious rumour recently from a club mate of mine, a rumour that I wont go into. Again who was the source? "Oh a lad who knows someone close to the camp told me". Get a grip lads. Show us the photos of the lads drinking ALCOHOL (not becks or coke) or stop saying stuff that you have no clue about.

town1980

totally wrong to name them but fact is its what has been happening all year round

High Fielder

Agree with Tony. It didn't happen. These lads give more samples than Usain Bolt. It would have shown up.

Keyser Söze

This is getting more and more funny & bizarre as the post goes on!

A respected man stands up and makes these accusations at a CB meeting, but it didn't happen.

High Fielder ventures between "suspend them now they were mean to Poor Peter" and "it never happened at all".

How ANYBODY can think that naming amateur players online is appropriate I do not know!

And High Fielder- what did I jumble up? The County Board suspending players over a managers head for this sort of thing. You haven't a notion what you are talking about!

town1980

tony climb back under your rock like i said before you havent a clue,i have a social life saw so much belive what you want it happened all year round

Keyser Söze

Quote from: High Fielder on July 19, 2017, 12:03:24 PM
Agree with Tony. It didn't happen. These lads give more samples than Usain Bolt. It would have shown up.

GAA players are tested regularly for alcohol consumption?!

steven seagal

This thread is gone absolutely mental. I think a few lads here need to sit down with a cup of tea and kit kat for a few minutes and get a grip of themselves.

The players should not be named on here, in my opinion, but just because they're not named doesn't mean it didn't happen. The drinking is a minor issue really at this stage, I'd have a bigger problem with our chairman breaking all known convention to allow the senior manager talk at a meeting he had no business attending. Clearly they are going to try everything they can to get him another year despite all evidence this year pointing to his unsuitability for the job, because they don't want to admit they f**ked things up by appointing him in the first place.

clonadmad

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on July 19, 2017, 11:00:08 AM
Personally I think this is disgraceful, the journalists should temper the comments made at these meetings.  I know that there were players drinking but it would be completely wrong to name them.  It would also be wrong for the next manager to not deal with the ill-discipline in the squad.  What went on at that meeting on Monday night and what was reported serves nobody in Laois Football or Hurling.  We need to sort our shit in house.

As in censor or alter what was said or just not report what was said?

yeah that normally works all right

ffs