Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Quote from: outsideoftheboot on May 21, 2018, 11:23:24 AM
Mattie and harte very quiet. For supposedly the teams 2 biggest leaders they need to step up on the big days. The team need to stand up for harte and the attention he gets on the field.

Couldn't agree more.
People said to me that leaders dont have to be shouting and talking to others but can show leadership in other ways.
I wonder how?

Yes Petey takes a lot of abuse and you don't see Matty or anyone else standing up for him or even "landing awkwardly on top of somebody"

Did ye see Walshe come over and shoulder and push someone as if he owned Healy park, yet our lads are almost scared to do anything like that in case they get a yellow card and a curly finger.

BIGONE

Quote from: redzone on May 21, 2018, 12:52:16 PM
Very hard to counteract it other than to foul there players off the ball way out the field. Same as Dessie Maine did to Harte all day. Pulled and dragged him anytime he could off the play. I just don't think that we have that level of aggression. Mind you there is a few on the bench who have. H.p for one. Surely Rory Brennan should have lined up to man mark O'Connell who was man of the match for me. Did he not do a number on mchugh before.
Fuzz is right. I didn't see the half time incident but f**k me imangine that happening with Gormley or ricey or Jordan on the team. They would have been down the tunnel after them 
That s why I'm calling for a few to be let go. You might get by with having one or the other but if you don't have skill or aggression you are wasting your time

LMAO  ;D ;D ;D

longballin

We got our answer as to how much Tyrone will miss Sean Cavanagh. Huge loss

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: longballin on May 21, 2018, 02:38:59 PM

Don't think MH will be picking up the phone at any stage asking him to reconsider his retirement lol.
Living the dream!!!

BIGONE

Not sure Sean is the answer. However, Tyrone County Board should be bending over backwards to try and entice O'Rourke and Porter to com on board next year! New ideas, bit of forward thinking, organisation - might just do the trick to get a relatively talented group of players playing to their potential.

Taylor

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 21, 2018, 02:46:02 PM
Quote from: longballin on May 21, 2018, 02:38:59 PM

Don't think MH will be picking up the phone at any stage asking him to reconsider his retirement lol.

;D

That ship has sailed given some of Seans comments.

The book will be interesting if its warts and all

redhandefender

Extremely disappointed with that showing yesterday! We went ahead and didn't have the balls to go at them. If we are set up that way we need to take our chances when we get ahead and run the risk a bit more. Wee were so conservative we allowed them to creep back into the game.

We finished with one out and out forward on the page, that is a joke. the whole thing and all the baggage from the moaners has just made the entire thing go stale! Hartes interview after really angered me when I seen it this morning. The man has lost it!

But who would come in and take over? I can't think of nayone who would take the job after him, maybe canavan if he got the blessing.

Fuzzman

I always look for a silver lining and whilst I didn't see wan yesterday I can see one now.

We are NOT gonna win Sam anyway and I think 32 other counties can say that too so what I want is a nice long summer of Sat night games around the country every Sat night with pints and banter and actually playing some proper open football against NON Ulster teams and not just more recycling and the only kick passes you see is when your corner forward kicks it back 30 yards to a free man in midfield. Sad what our great game has become.

I told an old Monaghan man to stand up at half time to watch the entertaining kids game at half time cos we were all grumbling about the first half muck. A few times I called out "Look for it umpire"

Yes a wee run in the Sat night back door route would be great where Mickey will play the younger lads like McKernan and HP and where Lee Brennan will get a lot more time and space to express himself and not be scared to lose possession by trying something special.
Unlike what Mickey thinks, I do want to be entertained and not just get to an AI final winning ugly all the time. No thanks.

southtyronegael

Fuzzman, we haven't even got to an all Ireland final in 10 yrs playin ugly.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 21, 2018, 03:11:04 PM
I always look for a silver lining and whilst I didn't see wan yesterday I can see one now.

We are NOT gonna win Sam anyway and I think 32 other counties can say that too so what I want is a nice long summer of Sat night games around the country every Sat night with pints and banter and actually playing some proper open football against NON Ulster teams and not just more recycling and the only kick passes you see is when your corner forward kicks it back 30 yards to a free man in midfield. Sad what our great game has become.

I told an old Monaghan man to stand up at half time to watch the entertaining kids game at half time cos we were all grumbling about the first half muck. A few times I called out "Look for it umpire"

Yes a wee run in the Sat night back door route would be great where Mickey will play the younger lads like McKernan and HP and where Lee Brennan will get a lot more time and space to express himself and not be scared to lose possession by trying something special.
Unlike what Mickey thinks, I do want to be entertained and not just get to an AI final winning ugly all the time. No thanks.

So you want to travel the lengths of the country from Wicklow to Sligo, from Limerick to Louth watching Tyrone play cannon fodder

So many dud games when one of the big guys go through the back door.  Bring on Mayo to fcuk next game I say.  Who cares about Wicklow, Longford, Limerick and nonsense teams like that.  No way I would be travelling to watch that.  Give me that game yesterday and a defeat over hammering Waterford by 30 points.

southtyronegael

Quote from: Christmas Lights on May 21, 2018, 08:55:41 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on May 21, 2018, 12:26:37 AM
Quote from: Localexpert on May 20, 2018, 10:57:52 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/44153287

Did anyone see this interview in the build up to today?  Maybe our players should stop worrying about how good looking they are and how great/bad their hair looks and concentrate on the size 5 oneills what you reckon?
only after seein this! what a fuckin embarressment. forget about all irelands with guys like this playing.

Check out these couple of grandads

Bit of light "harted" (do not excuse the pun) fun.  Bit of a laugh, see nothing wrong with it, nice to actually see some different sides to players rather than the usual boring shite they have to regurgitate for the media.

If your thinking this had an impact on the result yesterday, you really need to get your heads checked
yes it did have an impact on the result. Both played shite. Too interested in hairstyles and tans to get stuck in on a football field.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 21, 2018, 04:13:41 PM

Did anyone see this interview in the build up to today?  Maybe our players should stop worrying about how good looking they are and how great/bad their hair looks and concentrate on the size 5 oneills what you reckon?
only after seein this! what a fuckin embarressment. forget about all irelands with guys like this playing.

Bit of light "harted" (do not excuse the pun) fun.  Bit of a laugh, see nothing wrong with it, nice to actually see some different sides to players rather than the usual boring shite they have to regurgitate for the media.

If your thinking this had an impact on the result yesterday, you really need to get your heads checked
yes it did have an impact on the result. Both played shite. Too interested in hairstyles and tans to get stuck in on a football field.

You've lost the run of yourself here STG, both played poorly yes but catch a grip FFS, it had no bearing on the result.  Hardly a massive distraction.

Taylor

Players show a bit of personality and it affects their performance?

Do you think this personality only arrived last week?

One can safely assume this is always the way they have been and had a bit of craic and it didnt affect them previously?

Therealdonald

Quote from: Taylor on May 21, 2018, 04:18:08 PM

One can safely assume this is always the way they have been and had a bit of craic and it didnt affect them previously?

Both spice boys and neither up to the grade of county material. Another case of Harte selecting a system to suit players. Neither McCanns or Colly Cav would be county men in any other system. And don't get me started on Burns. We should just play 15 sweepers. Only for McAliskey ysterday showing any balls, it wouldn't have been close. Our Full back line was torn a new one, we couldn't win a 50/50 in the middle of the field. Gutless display.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Therealdonald on May 21, 2018, 04:27:18 PM
Quote from: Taylor on May 21, 2018, 04:18:08 PM

Both spice boys and neither up to the grade of county material. Another case of Harte selecting a system to suit players. Neither McCanns or Colly Cav would be county men in any other system. And don't get me started on Burns. We should just play 15 sweepers. Only for McAliskey ysterday showing any balls, it wouldn't have been close. Our Full back line was torn a new one, we couldn't win a 50/50 in the middle of the field. Gutless display.

1-16 a gutless display??  They where beat by a better team on the day.

A gutless display was the day before in Brewster park by Armagh who kicked a mere 7 points