Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tothetop03

The more i read the papers and listen and watch what is going i hope we are not loosing the run of ourselves.... Dublin will not be easy beat.... 

Redhand Santa

Quote from: The Trap on August 09, 2017, 06:45:46 PM
Red hand that's why people were hoping players like Kyle coney shay McGuigan Niall McKenna Harry Og Conlon plunkett Kane would be given more time and more chances but hey I guess it's a personal choice and mickey showed more faith in some than others......

Kyle coney and McKenna were in the tyrone panel for 4 or 5 years and got plenty of games. Harte would have watched them week in week out in training. Coney ended his Tyrone career by storming out at half time in the McKenna cup. McKenna unfortunately had too many years disrupted by injury.

southtyronegael

yeah mc kenna got the injuries cleared up and got his chance in the o fiach cup. centre half back. mickey cuts him loose shortly after.

Goals_Will_Come

Tyrone Under 17s won tonight in the All Ireland Semi final, beating Meath 1-14 to 0-10.
Final is set for the 27th of August with the U17 final at 12.00, Minor Game between Derry and Dublin at 2 and Tyrone and Dublin on at 4 oclock.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 09, 2017, 10:59:47 PM
yeah mc kenna got the injuries cleared up and got his chance in the o fiach cup. centre half back. mickey cuts him loose shortly after.
He played McKenna cup against Jordanstown at full forward but was very poor in my opinion despite Tyrone winning well.
Personally don't think hes anywhere near good enough for the squad at present and players like McCullagh, McHugh and McShane who arent making the bench at present offer more.

Redhand Santa

Hopefully another great day ahead for the county at the end of month. We will have a huge support down for the semi final, hopefully plenty get in early to support the u17s.

Stall the Bailer

Up to 1984 we had only won 3 Ulster titles. Since then we have added another 12, more than any other team in that time. Interestingly Armagh and Donegal have also win a greater percentage during this period than the years before. It appears we will be the dominant force for the near future. I'm guessing this turnaround was due to a lot new clubs forming in the 60/70s early 80s. Unfortunately it has only been amalgamations since.

bigpackiechestout

I see Damien Barton and the Antrim manager blethering in the Irish News the last couple of days, complaining about only having one strength and conditioning trainer for their senior panel, and suggesting this is one of the factors stopping them from competing with the likes of Tyrone. As far as I know Peter Donnelly is Tyrones only strength and conditioning trainer and he looks after all county football (not sure about hurling) teams including underage.

This is endemic of the excuses culture existing in both of these counties. How is it realistic to expect to have multiple strength and conditioning coaches for a single team in an amateur sport. I would also remind them that Derry and Antrim spent a very similar amount on their senior county teams last year to what Tyrone did so I don't think resources are the issue. 

RedHand88

The excuses coming from other counties are laughable. Sick of hearing the population argument. Take Antrim, even if only 1/3 of Antrim is nationalist they would still have far far more than the pool Tyrone have to pull from. County Derry has 80k more people than Tyrone and a massive gaelic culture and club scene. Why cant these counties compete with Tyrone?

skeog

RedHand88

Quote from: skeog on August 10, 2017, 12:06:26 PM
Mickey Harte is the reason.

Agreed. Also Peter Donnelly is an excellent coach by all reports. And look at fhe fundraising initiatives like club tyrone, a few thousand tyrone gaels in it give £500 a year to help develop Garvaghey.
Summer camps for children are another big thing. All summer every club pitch in the county is full of children learning how to play the game. That coupled with visits from tyrone players generates the interest that lasts a lifetime.

southtyronegael

Harte is just the lucky man to be in charge of all the talent the county is producing. Harte wasn't manager of any of our last 4 all Ireland winning minor and u21 teams so to say its all down to him is laughable.

randomusername

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 10, 2017, 01:07:21 PM
Harte is just the lucky man to be in charge of all the talent the county is producing. Harte wasn't manager of any of our last 4 all Ireland winning minor and u21 teams so to say its all down to him is laughable.

Do you still think he should get the chop?

Club boi

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 09, 2017, 07:22:56 AM
Quote from: ose 14 on August 09, 2017, 07:16:16 AM
ciaran kilkenny lads come on i know big colm has been outstanding in a poor ulster championship as the blocker but is there a better all round player than kilkenny bar brian fenton and lee keegan.

Kilkenny for me is the biggest waste of talent in Ireland st the minute. A super footballer given such a negative role, who spends more time running/passing backwards than forwards. For me, no player in Ireland has a bigger influence on his team than Colm Cav. The one player we can't do without.

The modern day GAA version of Neil Lennon. Sideways back ways and sideways again. Must touch the ball hundreds of times per game with very little positivity coming off him

The Colm issue, for years a lot of folk were all saying the same. He took his time and now is a vital cog but years ago he wasn't up to scratch, simple as

Same could probably be said of the Nephew as well

southtyronegael

Quote from: randomusername on August 10, 2017, 01:28:55 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on August 10, 2017, 01:07:21 PM

Do you still think he should get the chop?
well if we dont get close to dublin then he has to go. if we beat dublin he will get another year regardless of whether we win all ireland or not. as long as i can see the players being allowed to play to their ability il be happy enough. i think things have changed in that respect.