Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tothetop03

Quote from: skeog on May 08, 2017, 06:14:23 PM
Declan Mc Clure would be a serious loss to Clonoe with Conor also missing for them.

Heard at our game yesterday that physio suspects it cartlage and not cruciate...was going for scan today....

omagh_gael

Harte's quite today in telegeagh:

"I just try to think on behalf of the players and their families. I think it is a big ask to ask players to down tools, leave work, leave their families and go away to head off for that length of time," Harte told the Belfast Telegraph.

"If we got a big decent weekend, from Friday to Sunday, I would be more than happy with that. I think we have lots of good facilities here and we don't need to go any further than that.

"That's just my opinion and the way I look at it, other people decide to go other places. Obviously they get value out of that, but I have never asked that of our players over all the years I have been with them and I don't intend to do that either."

Is it just me or were Tyrone planning in going away and it fell through?

Redhand Santa

I'd say those rumours were wide of the mark based on what harte said and the fact that he has never taken them away before.

Few boys on here were very certain that harte would get other games called of before the championship and the training weekend wasn't the only time he'd ask to move fixtures. Those comment were wide of the mark too.

southtyronegael

dont worry lads its just more meaningless spew from harte. irish news last saturday, tyrone herald monday and now belfast telegraph. fit him better to spend less time doin dung interviews and a bit more time on team tactics.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 09, 2017, 09:19:00 PM
dont worry lads its just more meaningless spew from harte. irish news last saturday, tyrone herald monday and now belfast telegraph. fit him better to spend less time doin dung interviews and a bit more time on team tactics.

Have you been caught out telling more porkies again?

rrhf

Would ye feckin quit ye eejit ye. We are where we are and 3 weeks out from a battle against Barton's babes we need to be supporting our own.  Honestly think massive changes are needed in the style we played in the league and Croke park but am Lead to believe this has been worked on. Stay quiet for a few weeks and we will see. 

southtyronegael

stay quiet? pretend everythings rosy? if we are 3 weeks away from a big championship maybe mickey should leave the interviews til after. people are just sick of him.

Beantown

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 09, 2017, 09:45:26 PM
stay quiet? pretend everythings rosy? if we are 3 weeks away from a big championship maybe mickey should leave the interviews til after. people are just sick of him.

Do ye ever think its one interview with a few journo's.  Papers come out on different days..  Anyway, lets see how we get on in celtic park first and take it from there.  Maybe everything isnt rosy in the camp, but the team still need support.  If ye dont want them to win then dont go.  History will look kindly on Hartes contribution to Tyrone and rightly so, maybe the style of play recently is a bit sore on the eyes and has turned to puke football as spillane calls it but do we have he calibre of Oneill, Mcguigan, Mugsy Dooher PTG, Cavlan,? not by a long shot.  We wont win sam this year or next.  Go, enjoy the craic and come home hoarse for roaring and guldering.  More important things in life than a vendetta against the best manager we have ever had.  Maybe his time is up,but it wont be this year so accept it and move on

Club boi

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 09, 2017, 09:45:26 PM

Ah lad come on now, I think I speak for 95% of folk here and say give over. We get your point as you have clearly stated MANY MANY times your dislike for M.H

For what its worth, I think its time to change also, we have become so defensive and hard to watch its driving away even die hard supporters as they cannot stand such poor performances, but nothings going to be done until Tyrone are bate, until then, hold up with the personal vandetta. See you in July...........

southtyronegael

Mickey talkin more shite in Irish news today. And yous think I'm relentless! Interesting what 'angry club fan' has to say in off the fence.

Fuzzman

Curious how many of you would be happy enough to see Tyrone go through the qualifiers this year?
Whilst it was nice to win Ulster last year, we've not exactly done that well in the AI quarterfinals when we win Ulster.
2009 was the last time we won our quarterfinal after winning Ulster, having lost in 2016, 2010, 2007.

Sometimes a good run in the qualifiers can build more confidence and provide us with a bit more open football rather than the wars of attrition against Monaghan and Donegal.

Harte urging Red Hands to show they've made strides from Belfast Tele By John Campbell

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte has robustly rebutted the theory that his side will set about defending their Ulster Senior Football Championship title under a 'shadow' following the disappointments they experienced in the latter stages of the Allianz League.
The Red Hands took seven points from their first four games, a statistic which Harte maintains is being overlooked, with the emphasis instead being placed on his team's perceived below-par performances in their last three games.

"I don't think you can lay great weight on our last three games because in the middle one of those we served up one of our best performances of the year to date against Mayo," stated Harte.

"When you look at the three games overall, and you consider that Kerry and Donegal were our other opponents, it becomes clear that we were certainly not playing against Mickey Mouse teams.

"These have been three top sides over the last five or six years. It's easy to read too much into our closing league games but I prefer to think that across the whole seven games in the league we have to be content with what we achieved, which was securing our place in Division One and getting close to a place in the final."

As his squad continue their preparations for the mouth-watering clash with Derry at Celtic Park on May 28, Harte insists that his team have learned a lot from the league.

"I believe that things have worked very well for us and now we have to try and repeat them and add value to them," insisted Harte.

"At the same time, we have to look at the things that didn't serve us well. I am sure we will continue to do that and indeed we have been doing that.

"I think we can show in the Ulster Championship that we are a better, more mature side because of the experience we gained in the league.

"I would like to think in a couple of months I will be able to say, 'Look, there's what we have learned and that's how we have applied it'."

But while he is prepared to take what he sees are the positives from the league, Harte preaches caution in advance of the clash with Derry even though his side will be warm favourites to reach the semi-finals.

"The only game we are sure of in the Ulster Championship this year is this forthcoming meeting with Derry in Celtic Park," added Harte.

"We are very realistic on this front. Retaining the Ulster title is a huge ask, especially in the modern game, and it would be foolish for us to look beyond the last Sunday of this month."

The Red Hands boss, meanwhile, is continuing to monitor the fitness of midfield ace Declan McClure, who sustained a knee injury while assisting his club Clonoe in a league game at the weekend, much to Harte's frustration.

McClure has been impressive since his introduction to the team during the Dr McKenna Cup, and he is in line, if fit, to partner Colm Cavanagh in the Tyrone engine room against Derry.

Armagh also have injury concerns in advance of their Ulster Championship quarter-final on June 4 as it is believed Brendan Donaghy is still recovering from a broken thumb and Charlie Vernon has a leg injury.

Both players bring considerable experience to the Orchard County defence and they will be given every chance to make the cut for the eagerly-awaited Pairc Esler showdown in just under a month's time.

There is also some concern about former skipper Ciaran McKeever, who has been unveiling his skills in the attack recently having been a pillar of the defence for many years since leading Armagh to victory in the 2004 All-Ireland Under-21 final against Mayo.

tothetop03

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 11, 2017, 11:24:16 AM
Curious how many of you would be happy enough to see Tyrone go through the qualifiers this year?
Whilst it was nice to win Ulster last year, we've not exactly done that well in the AI quarterfinals when we win Ulster.
2009 was the last time we won our quarterfinal after winning Ulster, having lost in 2016, 2010, 2007.

Sometimes a good run in the qualifiers can build more confidence and provide us with a bit more open football rather than the wars of attrition against Monaghan and Donegal.

Harte urging Red Hands to show they've made strides from Belfast Tele By John Campbell

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte has robustly rebutted the theory that his side will set about defending their Ulster Senior Football Championship title under a 'shadow' following the disappointments they experienced in the latter stages of the Allianz League.
The Red Hands took seven points from their first four games, a statistic which Harte maintains is being overlooked, with the emphasis instead being placed on his team's perceived below-par performances in their last three games.

"I don't think you can lay great weight on our last three games because in the middle one of those we served up one of our best performances of the year to date against Mayo," stated Harte.

"When you look at the three games overall, and you consider that Kerry and Donegal were our other opponents, it becomes clear that we were certainly not playing against Mickey Mouse teams.

"These have been three top sides over the last five or six years. It's easy to read too much into our closing league games but I prefer to think that across the whole seven games in the league we have to be content with what we achieved, which was securing our place in Division One and getting close to a place in the final."

As his squad continue their preparations for the mouth-watering clash with Derry at Celtic Park on May 28, Harte insists that his team have learned a lot from the league.

"I believe that things have worked very well for us and now we have to try and repeat them and add value to them," insisted Harte.

"At the same time, we have to look at the things that didn't serve us well. I am sure we will continue to do that and indeed we have been doing that.

"I think we can show in the Ulster Championship that we are a better, more mature side because of the experience we gained in the league.

"I would like to think in a couple of months I will be able to say, 'Look, there's what we have learned and that's how we have applied it'."

But while he is prepared to take what he sees are the positives from the league, Harte preaches caution in advance of the clash with Derry even though his side will be warm favourites to reach the semi-finals.

"The only game we are sure of in the Ulster Championship this year is this forthcoming meeting with Derry in Celtic Park," added Harte.

"We are very realistic on this front. Retaining the Ulster title is a huge ask, especially in the modern game, and it would be foolish for us to look beyond the last Sunday of this month."

The Red Hands boss, meanwhile, is continuing to monitor the fitness of midfield ace Declan McClure, who sustained a knee injury while assisting his club Clonoe in a league game at the weekend, much to Harte's frustration.

McClure has been impressive since his introduction to the team during the Dr McKenna Cup, and he is in line, if fit, to partner Colm Cavanagh in the Tyrone engine room against Derry.

Armagh also have injury concerns in advance of their Ulster Championship quarter-final on June 4 as it is believed Brendan Donaghy is still recovering from a broken thumb and Charlie Vernon has a leg injury.

Both players bring considerable experience to the Orchard County defence and they will be given every chance to make the cut for the eagerly-awaited Pairc Esler showdown in just under a month's time.

There is also some concern about former skipper Ciaran McKeever, who has been unveiling his skills in the attack recently having been a pillar of the defence for many years since leading Armagh to victory in the 2004 All-Ireland Under-21 final against Mayo.

Irish News and Now Telegraph both saying Declan McClure got injured playing with his club.....deliberate spin?? or poor research???

Fuzzman

Was important you quoted all that article again as we'd never have known what you were referring to.  ;)

Is his injury not as bad as first thought?
This was the team last year. Looks like there could be quite a few changes, especially in the forward line though who knows what Mickey will choose.

M O'Neill, A McCrory, R McNamee, C McCarron, T McCann, N Sludden, P Harte (1-00), C Cavanagh, M Donnelly (0-01), C McShane (0-01), M Bradley, R Donnelly (0-01), C McAliskey (0-02, 1f), S Cavanagh (0-01), R O'Neill (2-02, 0-1f)

Subs: D McCurry (0-04, 1f) for Bradley, P McNulty (0-01) for R Donnelly, J Munroe (0-01) for McShane, P Hampsey for McCarron, K McGeary for Sludden, B Tierney for S Cavanagh.

laceer

McClure was "assisting his club" in a league game. Strange choice of words.

tothetop03

Think we will handle Derry ok.... Donegal might be a different story would love to get another one over that Boy Gallagher, wont be easy beat though.... I do think Tyrone wll play will a wee bit more attacking football, time will tell i suppose..