Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanmc123

I don't criticize everyone on here, all i am saying if you haven't played before how would you know how the game is being played or was played.

Come on, im on here a lot and all i see is people complaining and giving out.

Under Lights

I would be very surprised if Mickey isn't back for another year. Looking forward to getting the championship under way. The ACL League is ok but has been a bit of a damp squib to date.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Under Lights on May 04, 2017, 12:10:15 PM
I would be very surprised if Mickey isn't back for another year. Looking forward to getting the championship under way. The ACL League is ok but has been a bit of a damp squib to date.

From what I hear support on the County Committee is very much split.  They already rejected his request for an extension so I wouldn't be so sure if this campaign is unsuccessful that Mickey would be automatically ratified.  I have read on this forum that his relationship with our county chairperson wouldn't be great so if that's the case would Mickey have her support and the support of the County Board.

I love the ACL already looking forward to this weekend.
Living the dream!!!

Fuzzman

I certainly don't feel as optimistic about the year as I did this time last year.
I think both Donegal and Monaghan have improved in their attacking style of play and have players who can take good scores now from all over the field. We seem to be lacking in forwards such as McBrearty, Murphy or McManus and Jack McCarron.
We seem to rely too much on players who work hard for the team but don't have that little bit of magic that our forwards used to have years ago. Mark Bradley is the only forward currently on show who I get excited about when he has the ball. Maybe Sludden but again he's more than workhorse type of player.

I will be very surprised if Mickey is offered a new term at the end of this year but I think he deserves our support until we get to that stage. What is the process if he's not offered a new deal. Can he put his name forward for it again if he wants to?

The Trap

Seanmc and Southtyronegael are like the DUP and SF, both think they are right and unlikely to agree on anything!!!!! Tyrone are probably in the middle of these extreme opinions, not as good as the positive people say they are and not as bad as the negative people say.

I agree that a number one goal for the year ahead would be to beat Mayo Dublin or Kerry in Croke Park. An Ulster title will be hard earned too if Derry Donegal and Monaghan is the path, certainly much harder than any other province.........6/4 in the bookies is terrible value!

Don't know who would be next in line to manage Tyrone but they are going to have a very difficult job. I guess it would reawaken interest in a lot of people to see how they get on but I don't think they would do any better in terms of results.......possibly improve style of play but I cant see us adding a 4th Sam anytime soon.

southtyronegael

Quote from: seanmc123 on May 04, 2017, 11:50:35 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on May 04, 2017, 11:27:32 AM
So people who haven't played football at a high level don't know football? I happen to know men who never kicked a ball but their football knowledge is second to none. I'm one of them.lol

I haven't met 1 I'm afraid. You a slabber that hides behind a board with no balls, talking about players and managers

If some man found out who you where i would say you would be in for a right beating
if you'd any balls you'd come and do it yourself. Il see you at the next Tyrone game sure. Youl be the middle aged man gettin Harte to sign your jersey. Should be easy to spot.lol

Dire Ear

Tally and Tony Donnelly would be my management team.

omagh_gael

Here's the latest scoring charts in Division 1 so far...

Lee Brennan [Trillick] 3-31 [40]

Johnny Lafferty [Urney] 2-17 [23]

Mark Bradley [Killyclogher] 0-19 [19]

Mark Carson [Greencastle] 0-18 [18]

Declan McClure [Clonoe] 0-17 [17]

Warner Mullan [Strabane] 0-16 [16]

Ronan McNabb Jun [Dromore] 2-10 [16]

Kieran McGeary [Pomeroy] 0-15 [15]

Davy Harte [Errigal Ciaran] 1-12 [15]

http://teamtalkmag.com/2017/05/lee-breaks-forty-point-barrier/

That's some scoring by Lee. Johnny Lafferty has had some start to division 1 football, always thought i'd have liked to have seen more of him in a Tyrone jersey. Does Decy McClure hit frees for Clonoe? That's some return (if Dan McNulty is hitting frees).

The Golden Years

Quote from: seanmc123 on May 04, 2017, 11:54:24 AM
I don't criticize everyone on here, all i am saying if you haven't played before how would you know how the game is being played or was played.

Come on, im on here a lot and all i see is people complaining and giving out.

What club are you from Sean and did you play at senior level for them?

nrico2006

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 04, 2017, 02:30:15 PM

That's some scoring by Lee. Johnny Lafferty has had some start to division 1 football, always thought i'd have liked to have seen more of him in a Tyrone jersey. Does Decy McClure hit frees for Clonoe? That's some return (if Dan McNulty is hitting frees).

Lafferty is one who has all the attributes to be very successful but is another that wasn't given a fair crack. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tothetop03

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 04, 2017, 02:30:15 PM

Considering we only scored 1-5 first day out dont think Declan scored.... He took all frees against Greencastle none at all against Killyclogher and 2/3 against Stabane... Would say in last 3 game he scored 11 for frees 6 from play from Midfield...

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 04, 2017, 01:49:29 PM
Quote from: seanmc123 on May 04, 2017, 11:50:35 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on May 04, 2017, 11:27:32 AM
So people who haven't played football at a high level don't know football? I happen to know men who never kicked a ball but their football knowledge is second to none. I'm one of them.lol

I haven't met 1 I'm afraid. You a slabber that hides behind a board with no balls, talking about players and managers

If some man found out who you where i would say you would be in for a right beating
if you'd any balls you'd come and do it yourself. Il see you at the next Tyrone game sure. Youl be the middle aged man gettin Harte to sign your jersey. Should be easy to spot.lol

You take it far too far ye clown. People have a bit of craic down the pub with their mates but weigh in behind the team. at the end of the day harte and mc crory are tyrone men with one goal and that shouldn't be forgotten.

I don't think you understand that as you aren't from tyrone.

Whether or not he gets another term I don't know. I think he would have to at least win a semi final or something butI am not gonna aim personal bile and hate at him on here and embarrass myself

Club boi

Quote from: Dire Ear on May 04, 2017, 02:27:21 PM
Tally and Tony Donnelly would be my management team.

Tally had St Mary's play with 14 men inside their own 45

No different to what's currently annoying half the County

Dire Ear

southtyronegael

how can a few poster on here be so confident harte will get an extension? will it not be the clubs delegates that will ultimately decide his fate and by what ive heard round the clubs this last few weeks hes not flavour of the month.