Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

monroe like a lot of other lads will be back when mickey is gone. people seem surprised that a player has left the panel? they dont like harte and the current setup and im just surprised monroe is the only one who has walked.

Fuzzman

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 02, 2017, 10:27:29 PM
The lad wants to play football and he's not going to get it sitting on a bench for Tyrone.  Better off playing for his club and keep improving as a player.  The likes of the Brennans and Burns should do the same for the chances of them playing is slim.  If your not in the reckoning by now you won't be.

I can understand a lad making a personal choice to want to play for his club rather than training so hard with the county to be maybe 3rd or 4th choice sub. He probably thought after last year's good displays that he could push his way into the starting team this year but maybe he felt he was being punished a bit for taking the skiing holiday as most of us would have expected to see a bit more of him during the league. With Hampsey taking McCrory's place at corner back I would imagine he was annoyed when Mickey started to play McCrory at wing back then.

I don't see it as such a big deal as we have several players of similar ability and I would imagine we'll see him back again in the years ahead.

I also think we'll finally see Lee Brennan get more of a run out this year and probably Mulgrew. Our forwards have been very disappointing the last year with only Bradley showing any reason for us to get excited when he gets the ball.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 02, 2017, 10:27:29 PM
The lad wants to play football and he's not going to get it sitting on a bench for Tyrone.  Better off playing for his club and keep improving as a player.  The likes of the Brennans and Burns should do the same for the chances of them playing is slim.  If your not in the reckoning by now you won't be.

That's not really true. He will play in 2/3's of the league games for Carrickmore and the championship. He's already featured in 7 or 8 games for Tyrone this year so it's not as if he hasn't got any time. He played in last years championship as well so there is a fair chance he would have got more time with Tyrone this year. In the last three or four years Killyclogher, Omagh and Trillick have won the championship with a number of tyrone panellists prominent who hadn't featured that much so it didn't do them any harm.

It's a pity he didn't hang about as had did well at times for Tyrone and wasn't afraid to get stuck in.

The Golden Years

Johnny left as he wasnt enjoying the whole Tyrone set up.  There was no fun in it.  Children get into football because it is something they enjoy doing and continue to play into their adult life as the enjoyment is still there.  Once the enjoyment goes what is the point putting in the effort that is required especially when you playing second fiddle to Aidan McCrory.  He was telling me that club football is were the enjoyment is for him and thats what he wants to play.  He also told me that there is a lot of other young lads that are not enjoying it but afraid / having the balls to to leave.

Fuzzman

The commitment and sacrifice players have to put into intercounty football nowadays is unreal compared to even 5 or 10 years ago and so if you're not enjoying it then it seems fair enough to opt out.
We have seen in the last few years a load of players from other counties pull out of squads and not want to put the effort in any more.
I was reading about Jack McCaffrey earlier and how he said he was losing interest a bit back in 2015. I think young people nowadays realise that there is more to live than GAA and make choices to take time out for themselves.

southtyronegael

Thanks golden years for clearing that up in a very candid way. A few on here didn't want to hear it but at least a few people are prepared to speak up. Really sad state of affairs how Tyrone football has ended up here.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: The Golden Years on May 03, 2017, 11:51:34 AM
Johnny left as he wasnt enjoying the whole Tyrone set up.  There was no fun in it.  Children get into football because it is something they enjoy doing and continue to play into their adult life as the enjoyment is still there.  Once the enjoyment goes what is the point putting in the effort that is required especially when you playing second fiddle to Aidan McCrory.  He was telling me that club football is were the enjoyment is for him and thats what he wants to play.  He also told me that there is a lot of other young lads that are not enjoying it but afraid / having the balls to to leave.

If he wasn't enjoying it fair enough. It's a lot of commitment for someone to give. Do find it bit strange to put in all the hard effort from last November to leave before the championship which you would imagine is the most enjoyable time to be involved.

Don't think there is any need for the constant abuse of Aidan McCrory on here. I probably wouldn't start him if I was picking the team and think he's very limited but he is an easy target. He did ok in most of the games he was involved. Other players had worse games in the league (including Munroe in the first half v Roscommon when he got skinned) but don't get half the attention or abuse because people have their minds made up on who should be on. Half the time people on here haven't even seen the Tyrone games that they are giving their opinion on. McRory also got a goal v Dublin which no other player managed in the league up until the Kerry game and works hard for the team.

Hotrocks

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 03, 2017, 12:35:21 PM
The commitment and sacrifice players have to put into intercounty football nowadays is unreal compared to even 5 or 10 years ago and so if you're not enjoying it then it seems fair enough to opt out.
We have seen in the last few years a load of players from other counties pull out of squads and not want to put the effort in any more.
I was reading about Jack McCaffrey earlier and how he said he was losing interest a bit back in 2015. I think young people nowadays realise that there is more to live than GAA and make choices to take time out for themselves.

The first bit of sense on this subject.
Few people on here should realise that there is a life outside Garvaghy and Tyrone county team. 

The Golden Years

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 03, 2017, 12:51:11 PM

If he wasn't enjoying it fair enough. It's a lot of commitment for someone to give. Do find it bit strange to put in all the hard effort from last November to leave before the championship which you would imagine is the most enjoyable time to be involved.

Don't think there is any need for the constant abuse of Aidan McCrory on here. I probably wouldn't start him if I was picking the team and think he's very limited but he is an easy target. He did ok in most of the games he was involved. Other players had worse games in the league (including Munroe in the first half v Roscommon when he got skinned) but don't get half the attention or abuse because people have their minds made up on who should be on. Half the time people on here haven't even seen the Tyrone games that they are giving their opinion on. McRory also got a goal v Dublin which no other player managed in the league up until the Kerry game and works hard for the team.

I know its not Aidan McCrorys fault is on the team but the questions have to be asked why he is?  I personal think it is favouritism towards Errigal.  He is not the first Errigal player that Mickey has shown favoritism to but the difference this time is the surname isnt Harte.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: The Golden Years on May 03, 2017, 03:49:20 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 03, 2017, 12:51:11 PM

I know its not Aidan McCrorys fault is on the team but the questions have to be asked why he is?  I personal think it is favouritism towards Errigal.  He is not the first Errigal player that Mickey has shown favoritism to but the difference this time is the surname isnt Harte.

Boys I don't understand this McCrory bashing, he is a steady footballer.  It isn't the fault of McCrory that other players seen fit to leave the panel.  He shouldn't be scapegoated because he is picked in a side.  Errigal as a club don't benefit from having an extra player on the county panel so I don't see a reason for bias.  Mickey has a job to win games for Tyrone and if he thinks McCrory is in the best 15 to line out and represent the county.  There may be more talented players on the bench but maybe they don't have the discipline the McCrory offers.  We don't see what happens behind the scenes.  I don't think McCrory has been a burden to the team when picked.

Mickey is potentially in his last year with the county, the decisions he makes this season may decide his future I doubt he would put that in jeopardy just to get another Errigal man in the side or to upset a Carrickmore man.  I remember not so long ago it was said Mickey would never pick Hampsey because of an on field row against Errigal now he's in the first team.
Living the dream!!!

Il Bomber Destro

The stick McCrory gets on here is disgraceful to be honest. He may not be the most flashy of footballers but he's been solid and dependable over the past few years and deserves a bit of respect and appreciation.

Rawhide

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 03, 2017, 06:20:43 PM
The stick McCrory gets on here is disgraceful to be honest. He may not be the most flashy of footballers but he's been solid and dependable over the past few years and deserves a bit of respect and appreciation.

Entirely agree, not much respect being shown to lad who sacrifices his life for Gaa, sure your not Derry men with the amount of back stabbing he gets
cccc is a true supporter lol

southtyronegael

i dont think anyone has said mc crory is the issue here? the lad is trying his best and is 100% committed and must be thanked for his efforts. the real issue is mickey harte who is in a position where he is supposed to have the best players in the county playing the best football possible and achieving as much as is possible. it just isnt happening and nobody else to blame only mickey.

seanmc123

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 03, 2017, 07:19:44 PM
i dont think anyone has said mc crory is the issue here? the lad is trying his best and is 100% committed and must be thanked for his efforts. the real issue is mickey harte who is in a position where he is supposed to have the best players in the county playing the best football possible and achieving as much as is possible. it just isnt happening and nobody else to blame only mickey.

Ok so what do you want. We where 1 game away from being in a league final. We have a very promising ulster campaignne ahead. We won ulster last year, getting nipped by a point when we should have 1. We won 4 trophys last year, your some balls along with a lot in here. We don't have the potential of Dublin but we are doing well for what we have.

If your issue is with Harte open your eyes you along with another few daisy cutters in here. I think 2017 is very promising. Get over Derry, Donegal and the belief the players will have will be huge and if we retain ulster I think there is bigger fish to fry

The Golden Years

Quote from: seanmc123 on May 03, 2017, 07:26:43 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on May 03, 2017, 07:19:44 PM

Ok so what do you want. We where 1 game away from being in a league final. We have a very promising ulster campaignne ahead. We won ulster last year, getting nipped by a point when we should have 1. We won 4 trophys last year, your some balls along with a lot in here. We don't have the potential of Dublin but we are doing well for what we have.

If your issue is with Harte open your eyes you along with another few daisy cutters in here. I think 2017 is very promising. Get over Derry, Donegal and the belief the players will have will be huge and if we retain ulster I think there is bigger fish to fry

A lot of ifs and thinking there. If your happy enough losing by a point to Mayo and nearly getting to the league final then fair enough. I thought Tyrone had lost this mentality and wanted to win major trophies. 3 of the trophies you mention are hardly what makes a successful season.