Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: skeog on January 20, 2017, 01:43:28 PM
Leo who are the players not in the team or squad who you think would bring Sam back.

The complete sentence was hyperbole. It is an accumulation of the 3 biggest gripes people seem to have about Mickey.

southtyronegael

I see the Irish news are continuing their almost daily pro Harte tripe. Becoming a real joke that paper!

omagh_gael

STG, your continual defamation of Harte is insufferable.  All I am seeing from the Harte bashers is problem focus. Do us a favour and list out three key changes a manager would do to satisfy your wishes for the future direction of our play. List players not included from within the club scene and how they would fit in.

I am not saying Harte is perfect as we went too defensive in the run in last year and I hope, for instance, he'll abandon this policy of leaving one small man up front.

southtyronegael

Omagh gael, all I want from a manager is to pick the best players available to us and play the best football we can so that we can say honestly that we played to our full potential, then if we aren't good enough then fine. I don't feel we are getting that and I'm certainly not the only one.

southtyronegael

Can any anyone here tell me they actually enjoy watchin Tyrone play nowadays? Has anyone noticed how much our attendances have fallen? Did u see how we were outnumbered 4/1 by Donegal supporters in last yrs ulster final? Ask urself, why?

omagh_gael

I fully agree that our style of play is hard on the eye but that's the way football is going these days. The Dubs are the only team that can really step away from the 'common' style at the minute due to the players they possess. I am hoping Harte took a lot from last year and we commit at least one more man to the FF line.

On a separate note, I notice Cathal McShane won MotM for the ranch on Wednesday evening. He was named at FF.  I wonder did he play there for most of the game and would he be an option up front for us? Perhaps with Bradley playing off him?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 20, 2017, 05:53:14 PM
I fully agree that our style of play is hard on the eye but that's the way football is going these days. The Dubs are the only team that can really step away from the 'common' style at the minute due to the players they possess. I am hoping Harte took a lot from last year and we commit at least one more man to the FF line.

On a separate note, I notice Cathal McShane won MotM for the ranch on Wednesday evening. He was named at FF.  I wonder did he play there for most of the game and would he be an option up front for us? Perhaps with Bradley playing off him?

Six points. Five from play.
I wasn't chatting to him but seen highlights earlier and he appeared to line out at a fairly orthodox FF role.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 20, 2017, 04:45:30 PM
Can any anyone here tell me they actually enjoy watchin Tyrone play nowadays? Has anyone noticed how much our attendances have fallen? Did u see how we were outnumbered 4/1 by Donegal supporters in last yrs ulster final? Ask urself, why?

Tyrone aren't the only ones playing a style of football that is less than pleasing on the eye but that's the way football is at the minute. Having said that, Tyrone seemed to be developing a fast breaking, attacking from deep style which I thought was decent to watch at the early stages of last years championship.
That was never a square ball!!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 20, 2017, 05:53:14 PM

I don't know, he's young and has plenty to improve on yet. He has all the attributes to be fantastic player, big, strong, fit, mobile and can kick off either foot but his decision making is extremely erratic and when at inter county level, when ball would be lobbed in on him at the edge of the square with three of four guys converging on him in a congested space I think it will only exasperate that.

He's a talented player but very raw right now. Certainly might be worth a try as we need to unearth a target man type player in the full forward line, Cavanagh performs much better out the pitch.

southtyronegael

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 20, 2017, 06:48:07 PM

Tyrone aren't the only ones playing a style of football that is less than pleasing on the eye but that's the way football is at the minute. Having said that, Tyrone seemed to be developing a fast breaking, attacking from deep style which I thought was decent to watch at the early stages of last years championship.
of course its great to watch against cannon fodder div 2 teams. but its virtually uselsess againsts the top div 1 sides.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 20, 2017, 10:36:54 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 20, 2017, 06:48:07 PM

of course its great to watch against cannon fodder div 2 teams. but its virtually uselsess againsts the top div 1 sides.

Virtually useless?

omagh_gael

Comórtas: Corn an Dr Mhic Cionnaith
Cluiche: Fear Manach v Tír Eoghain
Ionad: Cluain Eois
Dáta: 22 Eanáir 2017

1 - Mickey O'Neill - Cluain Eo
2 - Aidan McCrory - Aireagal Chiaráin
3 - Ronan McNamee - Achadh Uí Aráin
4 - Cathal McCarron - An Droim Mór
5 - Ronan McNabb - An Droim Mhór
6 - Tiernan McCann - Coill an Chlochair
7 - Peter Harte - Aireagal Chiaráin
8 - Colm Cavanagh - An Mhaigh
9 - Padraig McNulty - Dún Geanainn
10 - Declan McClure - Cluain Eo
11 - Niall Sludden - An Droim Mhór
12 - Niall McKenna - Domhnach Mór
13 - Darren McCurry - Éadan na dTorc
14 - Cathal McShane - E. R. Uí Néill
15 - Lee Brennan - Trí Leac

16 - Niall Morgan - Éadan na dTorc
17 - Mark Bradley - Coill an Chlochair
18 - Sean Cavanagh - An Mhaigh
19 - Matthew Donnelly - Trí Leac
20 - Pádraig Hampsey - Oileán a'Ghuail
21 - Cahir McCullagh - An Caisleán Glas
22 - Ronan McHugh - Achadh Uí Aráin
23 - Justin McMahon - An Omaigh
24 - Conor Meyler - An Omaigh
25 - Jonathan Monroe - An Charraig Mhór
26 - Ronan O'Neill - An Omaigh

Mickey must've been listening, Cathal in at FF. Lots of options off the bench too.

southtyronegael

yes bomber scoring 12 or 13 points in croke park is virtually useless against the top teams.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 20, 2017, 11:06:56 PM
yes bomber scoring 12 or 13 points in croke park is virtually useless against the top teams.

Letting in 2-17 or 2-18 is also useless against the top team at Croke Park.

Last year we beat Donegal by a point and lost to Mayo by a point. You're talking about fine margins here.

southtyronegael

dublin conceded 2-14 against kerry last yr and still won by 2 points. and at least the kerry supporters could leave croke park with their heads held high. and only for a couple of wonder scores from harte and cavanagh we were beat by donegal too.