Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Was glad to read that they brought in this coach to try work on kicking and hitting frees.
Like I said before I'd really like to see Peter Harte going back to hitting our frees as confidence is a big part of it and usually now Ronan, McAliskey and McCurry all struggle in games with the blanket defence which in turn affects their confidence.

I presume Morgan has a high success rate in training. Does he miss many at club level?

rrhf

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 14, 2016, 09:24:47 AM
Was glad to read that they brought in this coach to try work on kicking and hitting frees.
Like I said before I'd really like to see Peter Harte going back to hitting our frees as confidence is a big part of it and usually now Ronan, McAliskey and McCurry all struggle in games with the blanket defence which in turn affects their confidence.

I presume Morgan has a high success rate in training. Does he miss many at club level?
He is a goalie - has no right to be at that end of the field. Disrupting forward momentum.

redhandofgod

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 14, 2016, 09:24:47 AM

Peter Harte was the left footed free taker in last year championship

Ty4Sam

Any thoughts on our Chair's speech last night at convention. Looking to build our own stadium in Tyrone!  :o

longballin

Quote from: Ty4Sam on December 14, 2016, 10:47:44 AM
Any thoughts on our Chair's speech last night at convention. Looking to build our own stadium in Tyrone!  :o

Very bizarre suggestion

Fuzzman

From our 5 championship games last year, we averaged just over only 3 scores from frees per game.
Ronan scored 5, McAliskey 4, Morgan and Harte 3 each and McCurry just the one.

Was she thinking about Cork and their new stadium? Does he mean to develop Healy park more or build a whole new one?

Ty4Sam

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 14, 2016, 11:29:50 AM
From our 5 championship games last year, we averaged just over only 3 scores from frees per game.

Was she thinking about Cork and their new stadium? Does he mean to develop Healy park more or build a whole new one?

Not develop Healy Park, build a complete new stadium along a main arterial route in Tyrone. Strange to say the least!

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Ty4Sam on December 14, 2016, 11:35:44 AM

Not develop Healy Park, build a complete new stadium along a main arterial route in Tyrone. Strange to say the least!

Perhaps worth talking about as a 'ready' project should Casement Park fall through and the Executive & central council is paying for it. Apart from that, I see no reason for a new stadium in Tyrone when many club pitches could do with some help.

longballin

The Morgan free taking plan has crashed dismally - there has to be a forward who can take a free.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on December 14, 2016, 11:51:39 AM
Quote from: Ty4Sam on December 14, 2016, 11:35:44 AM

Perhaps worth talking about as a 'ready' project should Casement Park fall through and the Executive & central council is paying for it. Apart from that, I see no reason for a new stadium in Tyrone when many club pitches could do with some help.

That's my thoughts too. A new stadium will again suck all EU (!), Cross border, Croke Park and executive money coming into Tyrone GAA into this project in much the same was Garvaghey did. Now it's time to let this money filter to the Clubs and all them to develop/ survive.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

rrhf

It is not currently needed.  However I welcome this thought from the chair - I  think its forward thinking and the debate needs to start on this.  With the Dubs success being powered by larger contributions from Croke Park in 10 years time we want to be having 18 - 30K + at all home league and championship games.,  Theres a fanatical interest in supporting the county if the clubs are used in this process correctly and rightly - if that is where this is coming from.  If the stadium can be a sustainable model ultimately sending money back to the clubs, paying for county set ups and can gain appropriate funding then I think it would be a great thing.  As an eastern Tyrone supporter I really dont think Omagh is the spot for it either, it needs to be Dungannon or Ballygawley and I think Dungannon offers more.  It has to be based on an income generating model post funding.   I assume they will get Casement right second time around but if it fails everyone need a fall back and the fall back is more than likely Mid Ulster. 

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: rrhf on December 14, 2016, 01:05:42 PM
It is not currently needed.  However I welcome this thought from the chair - I  think its forward thinking and the debate needs to start on this.  With the Dubs success being powered by larger contributions from Croke Park in 10 years time we want to be having 18 - 30K + at all home league and championship games.,  Theres a fanatical interest in supporting the county if the clubs are used in this process correctly and rightly - if that is where this is coming from.  If the stadium can be a sustainable model ultimately sending money back to the clubs, paying for county set ups and can gain appropriate funding then I think it would be a great thing.  As an eastern Tyrone supporter I really dont think Omagh is the spot for it either, it needs to be Dungannon or Ballygawley and I think Dungannon offers more.  It has to be based on an income generating model post funding.   I assume they will get Casement right second time around but if it fails everyone need a fall back and the fall back is more than likely Mid Ulster.

Some good points there.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

rrhf

Next debate.  The area of Mid Ulster needs a hotel.  This stadium needs a Jurys link up. 

southtyronegael

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 14, 2016, 08:35:41 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on December 13, 2016, 10:22:33 PM
pile of shite. dont know what the point was havin tyrone players at dave alreds kicking seminar when all they are ever gonna do is run and fist pass the ball in games. garvaghy might be a magnificent setup but it wont ever gloss over how poor our current football style is.

You really don't have a clue!  ;D No doubt a previous rant of yours was about our lack of free takers?
when did i ever say we have no free takers? quite the opposite, we have plenty of good freetakers, o neill, mc curry, harte , brennan, mc aliskey, bradley. the problem is our style of play is draining their confidence. alot of guys on here arent looking at the bigger picture.

southtyronegael

Quote from: seanmc123 on December 14, 2016, 08:53:26 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on December 13, 2016, 10:22:33 PM
pile of shite. dont know what the point was havin tyrone players at dave alreds kicking seminar when all they are ever gonna do is run and fist pass the ball in games. garvaghy might be a magnificent setup but it wont ever gloss over how poor our current football style is.

Do you or have you played football at a high level ? Never seen a negative man like you, Tyrone are up there with the top counties and you don't get behind them. Better off saying nothing if you have nothing good to say "MOUTH"
ah yeah pretend everything is hunky dory and say nothing. the top counties are dublin, mayo and kerry. tyrone havent beaten any of them in 6 attempts since 08 so we are not up there with them. we deffo have the potential but are not realising it and people need to wake up.