Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Quote from: In hiding on September 22, 2016, 11:57:27 PM
Quote from: redzone on September 22, 2016, 11:32:38 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on September 22, 2016, 11:09:13 PM
good example of this was when conan grugan played a fair few mc kenna cup/league games in chf then come the big championship game against monaghan in clones he was threw into midfield against darrren hughes and dick clerkin. didnt go well and wasnt seen since,2014 think it was.

I get what u are saying about grugan but I'd a thought midfield was his natural position. Anyway he walked from the panel himself, prob knew it wasn't for him. Good players can play anywhere. One dimensional players won't cut it at senior inter county level. Monroe, mcgeary Brennan are a few that can play different positions. U have to patient and keep ure head down and take your chance when it comes. I still chuckle at the Clonoe players who walked that time. Stinking attitude.

For the record sparkly Donnelly got a raw deal the time he was dropped. He was Tyrones best player one year but maybe Harte had his reasons, I'm not sure.

That's the nature of county football, your needed one day but there's always somebody else willing to take your jersey the next
This opinion is incredibly arrogant. Here we have people criticising players for walking away from the county set up while praising those who hang about just to make up the numbers. I don't believe Kieran Mc Geary Rory Brennan or Johnny Munroe are better players than Conan Grugan but because he has decided that he needed time away to try to become a better player and needed regular competitive football he is being criticised. Is Conan Grugan better than Paudi Mc Nulty, Kieran Mc Geary, Aiden Mc Crory Richie Donnelly Barry Tierney... some will say he is others will say he isn't, just as Ardboe are glad Shay mc guigan and Coney left ,Eglish are glad the Mc Kennas left, Omagh are glad Conan Grugan left a set up which he obviously wasn't in love with to become club captain. Just because someone is on the county panel does not make them a better player than someone not on the county panel. Its all about opinions... Is Mc Curry better than Leo Meenan in 2012 or Eoin Mc Cusker in 2012. While you have your wee chuckle at the clonoe players who walked do you believe PJ Lavery or Collie Doris aren't county standard. Tyrone need every player of that level available for selection. Would it be possible that some of this may be Mickey Hartes fault

A wise man once told me anyone can manage a committed player but only the great managers can bring the talented less committed players along with the rest, is mickey too arrogant to try to bring everyone with him or is he right...
I feel like Fuzzman asking all these silly questions

Maybe I should clarify the remark on Clonoe players leaving that time. It was s few weeks before the first round of Ulster, that's what made it so bad. U don't walk out on your team just because u aren't getting a start not at that time of year.

Are pj and Coly good enough for Tyrone. Pj yes fringe player. Colly not good enough. To slow. Grt club player thou.

Some one mentioned Barry tierney was " incredible" for Omagh at chb  but played out of position in the corner and tore to shreds against kerry. Barry is good squad player at the minute hopefully he keeps improving but he is prone to doing stupid mistakes. But Harte sees something in him and good luck Barry

Big Quinn was tryed out at full forward line and no good.
Contrary to what a few people think this is top end county football here. We are Ulster champs and hartes record speaks for itself.Mickey def doesn't have the time to give coney, crugan,pj and co cuddles  after training if they aren't going well. You either knuckle down do what your told and try your best. If it's good enough fair play and ure kept. If it's not, your out and someone else is in. That's what makes Harte sucessful.Maybe Jim gavin, Cody, mcguiness etc do it different but I doubt it.

winghalfback

Quote from: redzone on September 23, 2016, 05:44:09 PM
Quote from: In hiding on September 22, 2016, 11:57:27 PM
Quote from: redzone on September 22, 2016, 11:32:38 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on September 22, 2016, 11:09:13 PM
good example of this was when conan grugan played a fair few mc kenna cup/league games in chf then come the big championship game against monaghan in clones he was threw into midfield against darrren hughes and dick clerkin. didnt go well and wasnt seen since,2014 think it was.

I get what u are saying about grugan but I'd a thought midfield was his natural position. Anyway he walked from the panel himself, prob knew it wasn't for him. Good players can play anywhere. One dimensional players won't cut it at senior inter county level. Monroe, mcgeary Brennan are a few that can play different positions. U have to patient and keep ure head down and take your chance when it comes. I still chuckle at the Clonoe players who walked that time. Stinking attitude.

For the record sparkly Donnelly got a raw deal the time he was dropped. He was Tyrones best player one year but maybe Harte had his reasons, I'm not sure.

That's the nature of county football, your needed one day but there's always somebody else willing to take your jersey the next
This opinion is incredibly arrogant. Here we have people criticising players for walking away from the county set up while praising those who hang about just to make up the numbers. I don't believe Kieran Mc Geary Rory Brennan or Johnny Munroe are better players than Conan Grugan but because he has decided that he needed time away to try to become a better player and needed regular competitive football he is being criticised. Is Conan Grugan better than Paudi Mc Nulty, Kieran Mc Geary, Aiden Mc Crory Richie Donnelly Barry Tierney... some will say he is others will say he isn't, just as Ardboe are glad Shay mc guigan and Coney left ,Eglish are glad the Mc Kennas left, Omagh are glad Conan Grugan left a set up which he obviously wasn't in love with to become club captain. Just because someone is on the county panel does not make them a better player than someone not on the county panel. Its all about opinions... Is Mc Curry better than Leo Meenan in 2012 or Eoin Mc Cusker in 2012. While you have your wee chuckle at the clonoe players who walked do you believe PJ Lavery or Collie Doris aren't county standard. Tyrone need every player of that level available for selection. Would it be possible that some of this may be Mickey Hartes fault

A wise man once told me anyone can manage a committed player but only the great managers can bring the talented less committed players along with the rest, is mickey too arrogant to try to bring everyone with him or is he right...
I feel like Fuzzman asking all these silly questions

Maybe I should clarify the remark on Clonoe players leaving that time. It was s few weeks before the first round of Ulster, that's what made it so bad. U don't walk out on your team just because u aren't getting a start not at that time of year.

Are pj and Coly good enough for Tyrone. Pj yes fringe player. Colly not good enough. To slow. Grt club player thou.

Some one mentioned Barry tierney was " incredible" for Omagh at chb  but played out of position in the corner and tore to shreds against kerry. Barry is good squad player at the minute hopefully he keeps improving but he is prone to doing stupid mistakes. But Harte sees something in him and good luck Barry

Big Quinn was tryed out at full forward line and no good.
Contrary to what a few people think this is top end county football here. We are Ulster champs and hartes record speaks for itself.Mickey def doesn't have the time to give coney, crugan,pj and co cuddles  after training if they aren't going well. You either knuckle down do what your told and try your best. If it's good enough fair play and ure kept. If it's not, your out and someone else is in. That's what makes Harte sucessful.Maybe Jim gavin, Cody, mcguiness etc do it different but I doubt it.

You talk some thrash.

ose 14

seen our ulster allstar full back got some roasting last night. maybe its 3 fullbacks we need not 3 forwards. imagine if mark bradley had of been marking a defender of mccarrons quality from mayo dromore would still be in the championship and so might tyrone.

square_ball

Quote from: Club boi on September 23, 2016, 12:35:41 PM
Quote from: In hiding on September 23, 2016, 11:54:13 AM
Conan Grugan did alright against clonoe, it wasn't one of his best performances. Johnny Munroe had a stinker against Greencastle,  doesn't make him a bad player. How have the current county starters and panellists done for their clubs this year. Paudi mc nulty, aiden mc crory, Richie donnelly, mc aliskey among others. Very easy to right someone off on the basis of one performance. Do you feel Barry Tierney has improved as a footballer sitting on the county bench for the past 3 years

Prime example. Barry Tierney was incredible at CHB for Omagh and nearly single handed Won Omagh their championship that year with his Goals from running from deep. Que MH an Tyrone, play him in Corner Back against O'Donaghue and he gets toasted and ripped apart for his performance in a position he wasn't used to

The Big fella from Dungannon got his call up for his out an out Full Forward performances. Was he played here or expected to chase back in Half Forward?? Same with Conlon Edendork

Your timing slightly out on Tierney - he got the roasting in the league in 2014 and won the championship later that year with omagh. I think he may have got a got run at half back then in 2015 more or less based on his exploits with omagh 

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Club boi on September 23, 2016, 12:35:41 PM
Quote from: In hiding on September 23, 2016, 11:54:13 AM
Conan Grugan did alright against clonoe, it wasn't one of his best performances. Johnny Munroe had a stinker against Greencastle,  doesn't make him a bad player. How have the current county starters and panellists done for their clubs this year. Paudi mc nulty, aiden mc crory, Richie donnelly, mc aliskey among others. Very easy to right someone off on the basis of one performance. Do you feel Barry Tierney has improved as a footballer sitting on the county bench for the past 3 years

Prime example. Barry Tierney was incredible at CHB for Omagh and nearly single handed Won Omagh their championship that year with his Goals from running from deep. Que MH an Tyrone, play him in Corner Back against O'Donaghue and he gets toasted and ripped apart for his performance in a position he wasn't used to

The Big fella from Dungannon got his call up for his out an out Full Forward performances. Was he played here or expected to chase back in Half Forward?? Same with Conlon Edendork

Tierney got roasted by O'Donoghue before starring for Omagh in their Championship win - not after.

If you're going to try and pedal an agenda then at least have your facts right.

We don't really have too many natural options at full back unfortunately.

LeoMc

Quote from: ose 14 on September 24, 2016, 08:06:59 AM
seen our ulster allstar full back got some roasting last night. maybe its 3 fullbacks we need not 3 forwards. imagine if mark bradley had of been marking a defender of mccarrons quality from mayo dromore would still be in the championship and so might tyrone.
That is both corner backs Bradley has roasted in the championship. He is worth the admission fee.

southtyronegael

mickey harte wouldnt know what to do with a good forward if he came up and punched him in the nose.

longballin

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 24, 2016, 11:34:12 PM
mickey harte wouldnt know what to do with a good forward if he came up and punched him in the nose.

He would... he'd play him sweeper  :o

LeoMc

Quote from: longballin on September 25, 2016, 12:34:07 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on September 24, 2016, 11:34:12 PM

He would... he'd play him sweeper  :o

Or maybe he hasn't seen one he can trust to deliver since Canavan, etc, and is overcompensating.

Uncle Kev

Let's hope big Dan can deliver today ! He's the man Tyrone need in full forward! He can score goals and what do goals do? ; they count in tight matches ! You always hear it said "the goal was the difference" Come on Daniel , get yourself into shape and become Tyrones new Messiah .Tight game ahead today in the marshes of Edendork !

EastTyrone

Quote from: Uncle Kev on September 25, 2016, 10:23:03 AM
Let's hope big Dan can deliver today ! He's the man Tyrone need in full forward! He can score goals and what do goals do? ; they count in tight matches ! You always hear it said "the goal was the difference" Come on Daniel , get yourself into shape and become Tyrones new Messiah .Tight game ahead today in the marshes of Edendork !

A tad dramatic. You have a bit to drink at the weekend Kev?

WT4E

Wasn't at the game - how did big dan the man with the plan do?

square_ball

Quote from: EastTyrone on September 26, 2016, 09:49:00 AM
Quote from: Uncle Kev on September 25, 2016, 10:23:03 AM

A tad dramatic. You have a bit to drink at the weekend Kev?

He was out Saturday night wining and dining the chairwoman

Onthe40

Quote from: WT4E on September 26, 2016, 09:55:28 AM
Wasn't at the game - how did big dan the man with the plan do?

No real impact apart from free kicks..Hampsey pretty much marked him out of it from play.

Helpline

Let sparky play corner for Tyrone and play him the ball,,scores will surely come....simple me thinks!
The first half was even, the second half was even worse