Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superstar_

Quote from: LeoMc on September 19, 2016, 10:52:35 AM
Right, who has made enough of an an impact in the Championship that they should be considered for an extended run in the league?
From the games I have seen
Danny McNulty
Declan McClure
Ruairi Sludden
Danny Gorman
Lee Brennan
Jonny Munroe
I am not adding Mark Bradley to the list as I think he should be held back to the dry ground.
Two McGearys
Ruairi Loughran
Frank Burns
Paudie Hampsey

Club boi

It's pointless talking about these scoring forwards unless the system changes to accommodate them. Playing 1 up top surrounded by 3 defenders doesn't work

Lee Brennan and Mark Bradley were the stand outs in Pomeroy last weekend. DD Mulgrew and Michael Cassidy were excellent going forward with the ball

Paudie Hampsey and Jonny Munroe good midfield options

omagh_gael

Surely Mickey will adapt our setup next year. If he chooses to continue the one up front policy then we deserve to stale and stagnate. There are good options out there and they should be given a fair crack of the whip.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: omagh_gael on September 19, 2016, 03:47:53 PM
Surely Mickey will adapt our setup next year. If he chooses to continue the one up front policy then we deserve to stale and stagnate. There are good options out there and they should be given a fair crack of the whip.

Our scoring forwards are too light for the modern game, you can only really cater for two of McAliskey, McCurry, Brennan, Bradley and O'Neill on the pitch at any one time.

Look at the other top teams at the minute and the size of their forward lines compared to ours if we were looking at trying to get a few more scoring options in the team.

ose 14

has anyone seen any defenders. our fullbackline is shit. ruairi keenan looks in great shape possible option for middle of the park.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: ose 14 on September 20, 2016, 09:21:01 PM
has anyone seen any defenders. our fullbackline is shit. ruairi keenan looks in great shape possible option for middle of the park.

Would like to see Hampsey getting a run at full back in the league next year.

Felt McNamee was poor enough last year and while McCrory is a good honest player and a decent option to have I'd like to see someone who can offer a bit more get a run out last year.

What would you guys think of Rory Brennan at corner back, we have loads of half back options and I think Rory Brennan is one of those types of players who can play anywhere on the pitch. He's a good tackler,  has great pace and fitness to get up and down the pitch.

Would like to see something like this for the league:

1. Morgan
2. Rory Brennan
3. Hamspey
4. McCarron/McNamee
5. McCann
6. Burns
7. K McGeary
8. Mattie Donnelly
9. C Cavanagh
10. Sludden
11. Harte
12. R Donnelly
13. L Brennan/McCurry
14. D McNuly/N McKenna
15. McAliskey/O'Neill

What held Lee Brennan up last year was the u21 management pulling him from league games. O'Neill performed very well during the league and McCurry and McAliskey were already firmly established from the previous year. So come Championship he was firmly behind all them, he's u21 against this year so could suffer the same fate.

Hopefully Conor Meyler can shake off his injury problems as I think he can be a big player for us next year if he stays injury free.

KIDDO 4

Ronan Mc Nabb not on this selection, All star nomination in 2015.

skeog

OSE Ruairi Keenan nice lad but not any way near County standard he is to slow.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on September 20, 2016, 11:34:46 PM
Ronan Mc Nabb not on this selection, All star nomination in 2015.

I thought McNabb was off the pace this year which was completely understandable given he only returned to action in May after a serious injury.

Club boi

So your judging a player who has just returned from injury and ruling him out for league action in 5 months time ........ One of the best Club players about and consistently plays well

Fuzzman

What about young McShane. I'd like to see him given another chance in the FF line but I'd love to see us play all three forwards in there and not just one or two.

I think Sludden really improved last year and if it wasn't for injury Meyler too would have been a first choice now.
Munroe also looks to be coming along well and you would imagine Rory Brennan will be a starter from here on in. I wonder will Justy call it a day.
Hopefully Richie Donnelly can push on as well so we've a lot of young lads there pushing for places and hopefully Mickey gives them the chance during the league although he'll be very keen to keep it tight again and stay in Div 1.

Helpline

Quote from: Fuzzman on September 21, 2016, 12:24:13 PM
What about young McShane. I'd like to see him given another chance in the FF line but I'd love to see us play all three forwards in there and not just one or two.

I think Sludden really improved last year and if it wasn't for injury Meyler too would have been a first choice now.
Munroe also looks to be coming along well and you would imagine Rory Brennan will be a starter from here on in. I wonder will Justy call it a day.
Hopefully Richie Donnelly can push on as well so we've a lot of young lads there pushing for places and hopefully Mickey gives them the chance during the league although he'll be very keen to keep it tight again and stay in Div 1.

Meyler first choice! barely warrants a starting place on the St Enda's team.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

redhandofgod

McShane was very poor for a tyrone senior last Friday night in Omagh against the Rock in Junior championship.

Club boi

Did I hear he "hit" one of his own players during that game??

skeog

He looked like a lad who was bored and wanted to be elsewhere last friday night.