Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: redzone on July 03, 2016, 10:17:12 PM
We have serious options of the bench. Every man can do a job. U can tell by a warm up how focused a team is and we were tuned in today. Donegal will b a battle royale with no love lost between the two teams. The question is who will man mark Murphy. Surely he won't be left free. Is Mcrory an option after nullifying mckernan over the two games. Theres better footballers than aidy but he never left mckierans side the whole two games. Perhaps Matty might be a better option but u don't want take away from is game either.If he plays full forward justy will take him.

McKiernan kicked 7 points yesterday, 3 from play.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Mikhailov

Justy will take Murphy as he did last year in Ballybofey. He will stick with him, no matter where the play is and hope to get as good a outcome personally as last year whereby he nullified Murphy but we still ended up losing !!.

Donegal physically look much stronger than us but hopefully we are more mobile and more clinical when it matters. We cannot afford to miss any free kicks inside 45/50 from here on....

It is becoming a joke that we have players who cant score regularly from straight forward free kicks...it will cost us big time !!!!

Fuzzman

I thought McShane was much better yesterday than he was in the first game. Was much more involved and laid off some good simple passes rather than trying to do too much. He does try some over optimistic shots sometimes but he is a good kicker of the ball. I thought Meyler had surpassed him this year in the pecking order but I'm not so sure any more.
Hard to believe McCurry has fallen so far down the pecking order whereas McAliskey must be one of our best forwards nearly every day now. Didn't realise that was only his first ever championship goal. McCurry used to be our top scorer for the past number of years but his accuracy seems a little off this year.
I wonder how a Joe McMahon at corner forward v Donegal would mix things up. Space and time on the ball with be in short supply in the final so no place for people with slow decision making.

omagh_gael

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 04, 2016, 10:01:42 AM
We have serious options of the bench. Every man can do a job. U can tell by a warm up how focused a team is and we were tuned in today. Donegal will b a battle royale with no love lost between the two teams. The question is who will man mark Murphy. Surely he won't be left free. Is Mcrory an option after nullifying mckernan over the two games. Theres better footballers than aidy but he never left mckierans side the whole two games. Perhaps Matty might be a better option but u don't want take away from is game either.If he plays full forward justy will take him.

To be fair, almost all his scores came when the match was won and was being played at challenge match intensity.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 04, 2016, 10:01:42 AM

McKiernan did very little in the 3 games when they were I'm the melting pot. McCrory did a very good job on him.

BennyHarp

It really looks like Tyrone have been working on being much more clinical when it comes to creating and taking goal chances. I know the game descended into a bit of a farce by mid way through the second half but I can't remember a Tyrone team creating so many goal chances or actually scoring 5 goals in a championship match before. If Mickey looked at 3 goals in 7 game last year as a weakness in our game then the return of 8 goals in 3 games must be very pleasing. The most impressive goal for me was Rory Brennan's effort, the angle from behind the goals shows the ground he made up to get back involved in a play that 9 out of 10 times he wouldn't have seen the ball returned to him.
That was never a square ball!!

Legoman5

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 04, 2016, 01:04:33 PM
It really looks like Tyrone have been working on being much more clinical when it comes to creating and taking goal chances. I know the game descended into a bit of a farce by mid way through the second half but I can't remember a Tyrone team creating so many goal chances or actually scoring 5 goals in a championship match before. If Mickey looked at 3 goals in 7 game last year as a weakness in our game then the return of 8 goals in 3 games must be very pleasing. The most impressive goal for me was Rory Brennan's effort, the angle from behind the goals shows the ground he made up to get back involved in a play that 9 out of 10 times he wouldn't have seen the ball returned to him.

Brennan goal was a superb team effort and just shows you to continue your run on but you still gota say that Skeets goal was the most impressive, not to often you see a 60 yard run with ball in a County match,a devastating counter attack!! Even if he needed to slip a man in he had Harte who went the full length of the field beside him!
Tyrone lookin sh*t hot by the way!!!

The Trap

We will see if anybody gets to run 60 metres with the ball the next day!!! And it was more like 80 yards.........

BennyHarp

Quote from: Legoman5 on July 05, 2016, 12:46:53 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 04, 2016, 01:04:33 PM

Brennan goal was a superb team effort and just shows you to continue your run on but you still gota say that Skeets goal was the most impressive, not to often you see a 60 yard run with ball in a County match,a devastating counter attack!! Even if he needed to slip a man in he had Harte who went the full length of the field beside him!
Tyrone lookin sh*t hot by the way!!!

I agree Skeet's goal was the more eye catching but like The Trap said, that's not going to happen again whereas the move for Brennan's goal would cut open any defence!
That was never a square ball!!

omagh_gael

Surely the best goal moves were both of Harte's goals. On each occasion Cavan had their full defensive structure in place compared to goals 3-5 when they had committed to Kamikaze defending and we moved up the field virtually unopposed. Harte's second goal was a fantastic move with a great run and offload by Sludden to McCann moving through at pace.

GaelTheGael

1 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc
2 – Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
3 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin
4 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mór
5 – Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair
6 – Justin McMahon – An Omaigh
7 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
9 – Mattie Donnelly – Trí Leac
10 – Cathal McShane – Eoghan Ruadh Uí Néill
11 – Niall Sludden – An Droim Mór
12 – Ronan McNabb – An Droim Mór
13 – Connor McAliskey – Cluain Eo
14 – Sean Cavanagh (c) – An Mhaigh
15 – Ronan O'Neill – An Omaigh

16 – Michael O'Neill – Cluain Eo
17 – Mark Bradley – Coill an Chlochair
18 – Rory Brennan – Trí Leac
19 – Conor Clarke – An Omaigh
20 – Pádraig Hampsey – Oileán a'Ghuail
21 – Conall McCann – Coill an Chlochair
22 – Darren McCurry – Éadan na dTorc
23 – Kieran McGeary – Cabhán a'Chaortainn
24 – Padraig McNulty – Pádraig Mac an Ultaigh
25 – Jonathan Monroe – An Charraig Mhór
26 – Barry Tierney – An Omaigh

Unchanged starting team as expected but can someone explain the change on the bench of Conor Clarke for Conor Meyler.
A player who has seen no minutes since the McKenna cup and a player who could quite possibly be our first sub on and has a big role to play across the rest of the season.
Seems beyond strange to me.

God14

Meyler has been struggling with injury all season. Can only presume he isnt fit to partake.

square_ball

Few notable exclusions in this. Sure to cause a lot of debate! The big ones for me would be Philip Jordan and Brian Mcguigan.

*** THE DREAM TEAM ***

The Tyrone Dream Team, as chosen by a panel of experts. The team is below-

1. Thady Turbitt
2. Joe McMahon
3. Cormac McAnallen
4. Joe Mallon
5. Kevin McCabe
6. Conor Gormley
7. Matthew Donnelly
8. Jody O'Neill
9. Eugene McKenna
10. Brian Dooher
11. Sean Cavanagh
12. Iggy Jones
13. Frank Donnelly
14. Frank McGuigan
15. Peter Canavan

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: square_ball on July 17, 2016, 09:36:58 AM
Few notable exclusions in this. Sure to cause a lot of debate! The big ones for me would be Philip Jordan and Brian Mcguigan.

*** THE DREAM TEAM ***

1. Thady Turbitt
2. Joe McMahon
3. Cormac McAnallen
4. Joe Mallon
5. Kevin McCabe
6. Conor Gormley
7. Matthew Donnelly
8. Jody O'Neill
9. Eugene McKenna
10. Brian Dooher
11. Sean Cavanagh
12. Iggy Jones
13. Frank Donnelly
14. Frank McGuigan
15. Peter Canavan

You could add Stephen O'Neill to that list of notable absentees.  Any idea who the experts were?  I am baffled how Philip Jordan wasn't picked at no.7.  He was a main stay of Harte's team from 2003 until his retirement.  I don't think he missed a championship game in that time (feel free to correct me).  Philly has 4 All Stars, 3 All Ireland's. How not one person but a panel can pick Matty as an all time great ahead of Jordan is insulting.  Matty is an excellent player, is he a half back? I am not slating him, hopefully with him the best is yet to come and he will cement his place in that team.  For me Jordan was one of the automatic picks along with Canavan, McGuigan (Snr), Cavanagh and Gormley.

But its a game of opinions
Living the dream!!!

TabClear

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 18, 2016, 08:50:36 AM
Quote from: square_ball on July 17, 2016, 09:36:58 AM

*** THE DREAM TEAM ***

1. Thady Turbitt
2. Joe McMahon
3. Cormac McAnallen
4. Joe Mallon
5. Kevin McCabe
6. Conor Gormley
7. Matthew Donnelly
8. Jody O'Neill
9. Eugene McKenna
10. Brian Dooher
11. Sean Cavanagh
12. Iggy Jones
13. Frank Donnelly
14. Frank McGuigan
15. Peter Canavan

You could add Stephen O'Neill to that list of notable absentees.  Any idea who the experts were?  I am baffled how Philip Jordan wasn't picked at no.7.  He was a main stay of Harte's team from 2003 until his retirement.  I don't think he missed a championship game in that time (feel free to correct me).  Philly has 4 All Stars, 3 All Ireland's. How not one person but a panel can pick Matty as an all time great ahead of Jordan is insulting.  Matty is an excellent player, is he a half back? I am not slating him, hopefully with him the best is yet to come and he will cement his place in that team.  For me Jordan was one of the automatic picks along with Canavan, McGuigan (Snr), Cavanagh and Gormley.

But its a game of opinions

Cavanagh at mf, brian at 11 and Jordan at 7. SON has to be in there somewhere as well. Joey at cb based on one match? ??