Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthe40

im not his biggest fan, but as someone pointed out previously, why would you drop Mcrory when he marked Mckiernan out of the game the last day?

driveherin

If nothing else I'd at least put McCarron on Givney...McNamee can't handle him at all....

skeog

joey still could do a job or else he wouldnt have stayed on

ose 14

justin will come into defence with sludden moved to attack probably at the expense of richie donnelly who was very poor v cavan first day. bradley is also under pressure but will get another chance as he does make good runs he just needs a score or two to get going. mcshane is an interesting one he has it all but lacks a bit of experience but he gave cavan a lot of trouble in the first half with his movement. personally id start mcshane in midfield and push mattie forward to 14 but harte probably doesent trust mcshane to do the double sweeper role. defence is always the priority. mattie at 14 please if we are going to win anything this year. morgan may come in for oneill and id play mccurry instead of mcaliskey.

driveherin

You obviously don't watch much football Dire Ear????

ONeill

Well he's no Audi Hamilton, that's for sure.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Bearded One

Richie Donnelly dropped from team and out of 26..is he injured?
Our bench carries no fire power, Meyler and McGeary are forwards but aren't scoring threats. Can anyone tell us why Lee Brennan can't even make the 26?
It is what it is. Presumably.

GaelTheGael

Only two changes made to the team. Somehow i can see more changes before the start.
Cant see McShane starting and i cant see harte playing Ronan O'Neill, McAliskey, Bradley and McCurry together.

Morgan
McCrory
McNammee/McMahon
McCarron
Brennan
McMahon/McNamee
McCann
Cavanagh
Donnelly
Sludden
McCurry
Harte
McAliskey
Cavanagh
O'Neill

Il Bomber Destro

I think their will definitely be changes, think Rory Brennan, Meyler and Justy will all come in to the starting team tomorrow.

Norf Tyrone

McShane was Tyrone's best half forward v Derry and probably in the top 3 players on show. He was also best of a bad bunch in terms of half forwards v Cavan in day one. However through my club coloured spectacles a lot of people wanted him dropped.

A decent performance today I hear?

He appears to be one of the first attackers to find range in all 3 games, and settles Tyrone into their stride. Not saying he's player of the year or anything, but delighted to see him make his mark.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

rrhf

Ran the legs of himself but tired and has earned his place.

redzone

We have serious options of the bench. Every man can do a job. U can tell by a warm up how focused a team is and we were tuned in today. Donegal will b a battle royale with no love lost between the two teams. The question is who will man mark Murphy. Surely he won't be left free. Is Mcrory an option after nullifying mckernan over the two games. Theres better footballers than aidy but he never left mckierans side the whole two games. Perhaps Matty might be a better option but u don't want take away from is game either.If he plays full forward justy will take him.

nrico2006

In the first half today when it was tight, he scored two points, won a score able free and set-up a goal. Arguably Tyrone's best performer in the first half
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

God14

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 03, 2016, 10:51:32 PM
In the first half today when it was tight, he scored two points, won a score able free and set-up a goal. Arguably Tyrone's best performer in the first half

Im.not convinced tho. Takes the wrong option too many times. Wont get away with that the next day.

square_ball

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 03, 2016, 08:36:58 PM
McShane was Tyrone's best half forward v Derry and probably in the top 3 players on show. He was also best of a bad bunch in terms of half forwards v Cavan in day one. However through my club coloured spectacles a lot of people wanted him dropped.

A decent performance today I hear?

He appears to be one of the first attackers to find range in all 3 games, and settles Tyrone into their stride. Not saying he's player of the year or anything, but delighted to see him make his mark.

Really pleased that's he's making an impact too. I do think he shoots a little too much from distance but you would take a 2 point return every day of the week. Donegal will be the big test for him like many others in the side. Fair play to him anyway he's going well so far having not played much (if any?) league football.