Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: ose 14 on April 13, 2016, 10:17:22 PM
what a nonesenscial argument. sean fox is there on merit and rightly so hes already played league and has a wealth of underage experience ,for him not to make certain club teams is a pure dung argument. im sure the only club team he has to make is his own club team hes been incredibly consistent for his club and deserves a chance. as for burns havent seen enough of him but im sure he will provide suitable cover and act as the usual cannon fodder for the famous inhouse games ahem. feel for the plunketts along with trillick and ourselves crucified by the cumbersome panel numbers. clonoe have it right 2 players arnd no more and if your not starting tell mickey to pick a few younger pilgrims.

I agree, having three men on the senior panel will seriously affect us this year. Championship looks to be the best bet for promotion. Can't see us gathering enough points to even make the league playoffs without them men.

redhandefender

Absolute rubbish about Burns and Fox, both deserve their shot and have put in the graft at u 21.

List of teams you mentioned above burns would walk on to any day.

EastTyrone

Burns is a very talented footballer and would walk onto a lot of teams including my own club from that list. As for Fox, he is a safe keeper - the likely hood is he will no be called into action, so its not such a big deal. On the other hand, I am glad Mickey O'Neill will be starting in nets. Morgan is not offering what he initially did. O'Neill has more control and in my opinion is the right option for Tyrone for the rest of the year, not just the league final and potential first round of Ulster.

clarshack

burns would make any team in tyrone easily. fox on the other hand, i wouldn't be so sure. greg kelly is back doing nets for us after being in England for a while and imo would be a superior keeper to fox.

EastTyrone

Quote from: clarshack on April 14, 2016, 10:12:09 AM
burns would make any team in tyrone easily. fox on the other hand, i wouldn't be so sure. greg kelly is back doing nets for us after being in England for a while and imo would be a superior keeper to fox.

Let us not remember his appearance for Tyrone minors vs Down.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: winghalfback on April 13, 2016, 09:46:01 PM
Quote from: redhandofgod on April 13, 2016, 05:25:15 PM
WHAT???? your heads away, Fox plays for Killyclogher, one of the top teams, beaten in county final last year! also started for UUJ ahead on the Monaghan keeper! Burns has been a starter for the Tyrone U21 the last 3 years and starter for UUJ the last 2 years. What club team would they not start for????

Fox wouldn't make Coalisland Clonoe dromore or errigal teams burns wouldn't make Coalisland Clonoe omagh dromore carrickmore teams

Burns wouldn't start for Carrickmore??? I've seen a fair few ridiculous comments being posted on here but that may well be the worst yet..

EastTyrone

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on April 14, 2016, 12:20:12 PM
WHAT???? your heads away, Fox plays for Killyclogher, one of the top teams, beaten in county final last year! also started for UUJ ahead on the Monaghan keeper! Burns has been a starter for the Tyrone U21 the last 3 years and starter for UUJ the last 2 years. What club team would they not start for????

Fox wouldn't make Coalisland Clonoe dromore or errigal teams burns wouldn't make Coalisland Clonoe omagh dromore carrickmore teams

Burns wouldn't start for Carrickmore??? I've seen a fair few ridiculous comments being posted on here but that may well be the worst yet..

Carrickmore? Who are they?

WBF

Im not saying he wouldn't start for Carrickmore but out of interest in what position do you think he would play?

Gonzalo15

Quote from: WBF on April 14, 2016, 03:00:15 PM

Im not saying he wouldn't start for Carrickmore but out of interest in what position do you think he would play?

half back/ half forward

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: WBF on April 14, 2016, 03:00:15 PM

Jesus lads.  :-\
He could play anywhere in the middle 8, for any club in Tyrone.

I think some of you are being a bit hard on Fox as well.
He is a  bit behind ONeill & Morgan, but apart from that deserves his chance now that Morgan is injured.
Curran has had his chance, and left the panel, I dont see many other standout candidates being over looked.

Remember , both these lads are still U21.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

omagh_gael

Tyrone minors beat Armagh by 6 to reach league final versus Donegal. The u-17s beat Cavan heavily to reach their final, also versus Donegal.

God14

Joe McMahon - is he still on the panel? Hardly likely to see game time this year if he hasnt kicked a ball to date
and if he doesnt play this year is that the end of another great career for tyrone?

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: God14 on April 19, 2016, 12:24:09 PM
Joe McMahon - is he still on the panel? Hardly likely to see game time this year if he hasnt kicked a ball to date
and if he doesnt play this year is that the end of another great career for tyrone?

Joey hadn't played much at this stage last year either but was still making a big contribution in the Qualifiers before he got injured. Think he is still in the panel and definitely worth keeping him for the rest of this year at least. Quality footballer and still has a lot to offer IMO, especially in the sweeper role. Tyrone aren't blessed with a lot of big men in comparison to other counties, and a lot of our more experienced heads have moved on in recent years so worth having Joey around if only for these reasons.

Uncle Kev

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on April 19, 2016, 01:42:27 PM
Quote from: God14 on April 19, 2016, 12:24:09 PM

Joey hadn't played much at this stage last year either but was still making a big contribution in the Qualifiers before he got injured. Think he is still in the panel and definitely worth keeping him for the rest of this year at least. Quality footballer and still has a lot to offer IMO, especially in the sweeper role. Tyrone aren't blessed with a lot of big men in comparison to other counties, and a lot of our more experienced heads have moved on in recent years so worth having Joey around if only for these reasons.could not agree more with you Packie! Big Joe is a great player to have in reserve ! Mary's the time he has came on to steady things fir Tyrone! A real down to earth guy just like his siblings and father!

Il Bomber Destro

McMahon was interviewed about a month back saying he hoped to be back in contention around the end of April. A good option to have as mentioned earlier, easily one of the most underrated players in the country, there are few I can think of who have operated at such a high level in numerous positions over the last 15 years.