Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: WT4E on March 14, 2016, 05:00:37 PM
Quote from: Jeremiah O on March 14, 2016, 11:23:27 AM
That is bollocks Kildress man.People were unfairly comparing him to Sean when he first came into the panel.Got plenty of stick even when he was playing well.Heard it at the games,not as good as Sean,can't score,blah blah.
You're saying he didn't deserve to be part of the squad lol.Yous would know more about chasing sheep around Kildress than a size 5 ;D ;D

LOL - Leave the sheep out of it they have a tough enough time at the minute - middling of lambing and all!

Kildress is a proud footballing club BTW.

I never said he didn't get stick - I was just saying when he plays well (which is often these days) does the debate always have to go back to 'jaysus colms playing well - he took some stick when he started' just a bit boring if you ask me.

Agreed it does become sickening but its a good example of the following a) Harte knows better than any of us. b) we are too quick to write a player off when they aren't all stars aged 22/23.

Fuzzman

Haven't saw our last 2 games so am wondering what is RoN doing differently now?
Is it that he's just scoring frees or is he moving the ball much faster?

I hope he reaches the levels we all hoped he would. He's still young lad isn't he.
He has great vision and is accurate but I often used to think he slowed the attack down too much.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 15, 2016, 12:59:48 PM

I hope he reaches the levels we all hoped he would. He's still young lad isn't he.
He has great vision and is accurate but I often used to think he slowed the attack down too much.

On the basis of the Derry game, he seems to be much fitter and in better physical shape and willing to put in the work off the ball that he previously hadn't. Hopefully he can keep it up. Would be great if he can reach his potential.

sambostar

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 15, 2016, 01:06:21 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on March 15, 2016, 12:59:48 PM

On the basis of the Derry game, he seems to be much fitter and in better physical shape and willing to put in the work off the ball that he previously hadn't. Hopefully he can keep it up. Would be great if he can reach his potential.

Was at last 2 games & he is much leaner than previous years. His workrate is very impressive - have seen him a few times in his own full-back line cutting out opposition attacks. Free-taking very impressive against Derry & then he looked really sharp from open play against Meath, had his marker on toast any time the ball came in. Have to say I've been pleasantly surprised, hopefully his injury isn't severe - think it is his back.

Good to see some competition for places now too - not sure if McCurry is injured but there are now good options to come off the bench busting a gut to make an impression. MON kickouts were impressive on Sunday bar 1 streaky effort along the ground. With Morgan not taking the frees anymore he could struggle to be No1 come the summer

blewuporstuffed

I've always felt Mickey O'Neill was a better keeper anyway
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

tiempo

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on March 14, 2016, 05:12:36 PM
That is bollocks Kildress man.People were unfairly comparing him to Sean when he first came into the panel.Got plenty of stick even when he was playing well.Heard it at the games,not as good as Sean,can't score,blah blah.
You're saying he didn't deserve to be part of the squad lol.Yous would know more about chasing sheep around Kildress than a size 5 ;D ;D

LOL - Leave the sheep out of it they have a tough enough time at the minute - middling of lambing and all!

I never said he didn't get stick - I was just saying when he plays well (which is often these days) does the debate always have to go back to 'jaysus colms playing well - he took some stick when he started' just a bit boring if you ask me.

Agreed it does become sickening but its a good example of the following a) Harte knows better than any of us. b) we are too quick to write a player off when they aren't all stars aged 22/23.

Behave. Harte has had his fair share of mistakes in selection through the ages and butchered a few promising seasons to early exit against inferior opposition. He has also been guilty of putting some lads in too early while holding others back too long. Colm Cavanagh and Ray Mulgrew were thrown in far too early, it showed and a lot of people saw that. Its fair to say Colm had a lot of ropey performances but has matured into a very good and vital player for Tyrone.

If anyone can find a post criticising Colm because he wasn't as good as Sean I'll be amazed. You could probably find quite a few posts relating to favouritism be it club or family based and there is occasionally a whiff of that about Mickey.

redhandefender

Quote from: tiempo on March 15, 2016, 02:31:17 PM

Behave. Harte has had his fair share of mistakes in selection through the ages and butchered a few promising seasons to early exit against inferior opposition. He has also been guilty of putting some lads in too early while holding others back too long. Colm Cavanagh and Ray Mulgrew were thrown in far too early, it showed and a lot of people saw that. Its fair to say Colm had a lot of ropey performances but has matured into a very good and vital player for Tyrone.

If anyone can find a post criticising Colm because he wasn't as good as Sean I'll be amazed. You could probably find quite a few posts relating to favouritism be it club or family based and there is occasionally a whiff of that about Mickey.

Lol you have to laugh at this. Criticising harte because he played some players too sonn and others too late! How can you win. Hindsight is a great thing isn't it! You have to trust in Harte's judgment and imo seems to have gave everybody a shot in a tight competitive squad. Colnm Cavanagh was being criticised at times because he was playing abysmally. Harte stuck with him and obviously seen a lot more. He was right! That's why he is where he is and I'm not!

redzone

Anyone hazard a guess at the team forvtomorrow night.

1-
2-
3- Peter Teague
4-
6- frank burns
7-
8- mcshane
9- s Lougran
10- p mcanenly
11- cavanagh
12 - dd mulgrew
13- daire Gallagher
14- lee Brennan
15-

Il Bomber Destro

I'd imagine McGlone and Fox will be starting if fit.

Mikhailov

Surely DD is not playing - has he not got a schools final on Thursday at 12.30 for Holy Trinity...

longballin

Quote from: tiempo on March 15, 2016, 02:31:17 PM

Can't remember an Errigal player being strung along on the bench for ages... 

GaelTheGael

1- Sean Fox
2- Shea Hamill
3- Peter Teague
4- Darren Devlin
5- Colm Bryne
6- Sean Loughran
7- Eoghan Murray
8- Cathal McShane
9- Frank Burns
10- Pauric McAnenly
11- Mark Kavanagh
12 - DD Mulgrew
13- Sean Fox
14- Ryan Loughran
15- Lee Brennan

DD apparently not playing but not 100% sure of this. If not Daire Gallagher or Ben McDonnell will probably take his place.

Mikhailov

Quote from: GaelTheGael on March 15, 2016, 10:58:25 PM
1- Sean Fox Killyclogher
2- Shea Hamill  Donaghmore
3- Peter Teague  Dromore
4- Darren Devlin  Stewartstown
5- Colm Bryne  Eglish
6- Sean Loughran   Carmen
7- Eoghan Murray ???
8- Cathal McShane  Owen Roes
9- Frank Burns  Plunketts
10- Pauric McAnenly   E.C
11- Mark Kavanagh  E.C
12 - DD Mulgrew  Ardboe
13- Sean Fox ???
14- Ryan Loughran  ???
15- Lee Brennan  Trillick

DD apparently not playing but not 100% sure of this. If not Daire Gallagher (Trillick) or Ben McDonnell (????) will probably take his place.

Excuse my ignorance to some of these lads but can someone fill in the blanks please...cheers

LeoMc

Fox
McCann.   Teague     Hamill
Byrne.   Loughran.    McGirr
       McShane. McDonnell
Kavanagh  Burns.   ONeill
Brennan.  Loughran. Fox

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: LeoMc on March 16, 2016, 09:27:25 PM
                   Fox
McCann.   Teague     Hamill
Byrne.   Loughran.    McGirr
       McShane. McDonnell
Kavanagh  Burns.   ONeill
Brennan.  Loughran. Fox

Anyone at the game last night? Who were the main men? McShane seemed to have have a good game and do a lot of the scoring by the sounds of it. Was he operating around the middle or further forward?