Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 01, 2015, 04:19:36 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. These lads who are leaving are decent squad players but aren't going to make or break a possible All Ireland push anytime soon. They are probably looking over their shoulder and seeing a raft of U21 coming along like the Brennan's, Bradley, Meyler etc and realising that they are falling further and further down the pecking order. I don't blame them for jumping ship and either making a bit of cash in America or concentrating on their clubs.

Names ! Names!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

BennyHarp

Quote from: Gaffer on July 02, 2015, 02:03:26 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 01, 2015, 04:19:36 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. These lads who are leaving are decent squad players but aren't going to make or break a possible All Ireland push anytime soon. They are probably looking over their shoulder and seeing a raft of U21 coming along like the Brennan's, Bradley, Meyler etc and realising that they are falling further and further down the pecking order. I don't blame them for jumping ship and either making a bit of cash in America or concentrating on their clubs.

Names ! Names!

I meant those that have already left.
That was never a square ball!!

Goals_Will_Come

What has happened Tyrone? Complete shambles at the minute. A team of overhyped players who produced 5 years ago at minor but have done nothing since.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on July 12, 2015, 01:34:26 PM
What has happened Tyrone? Complete shambles at the minute. A team of overhyped players who produced 5 years ago at minor but have done nothing since.

Whose hyping them up???

longballin

Anyone else feel the joy has gone clean out of following Tyrone? A lot of people seem to want them beat to get on with the club football while the country hates Tyrone. Also the RTE carryon has not got total support across the county... far from it. Do most people really care about Saturday?

trileacman

Quote from: longballin on July 15, 2015, 05:54:09 PM
Anyone else feel the joy has gone clean out of following Tyrone? A lot of people seem to want them beat to get on with the club football while the country hates Tyrone. Also the RTE carryon has not got total support across the county... far from it. Do most people really care about Saturday?

Have to say I loved beating Meath on Sunday, even by giving them a sniff of the win too. Good revenge for 96.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

omagh_gael

I still really enjoy going to the games, however, what I notice is a massive drop in crowd atmosphere. Can't remember the last time I heard an aul "Tyrone *clap, clap, clap* Tyrone *clap, clap, clap* or a sneaky "C'mon Tyrone, c'mon Tyrone!"

tyroneman

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 15, 2015, 11:58:56 PM
I still really enjoy going to the games, however, what I notice is a massive drop in crowd atmosphere. Can't remember the last time I heard an aul "Tyrone *clap, clap, clap* Tyrone *clap, clap, clap* or a sneaky "C'mon Tyrone, c'mon Tyrone!"

Erm....the Meath game.....

Keyboard Warrior

We've become a more refined bunch ;-)

Soup an Samajiz

What would be the best pub in Belfast to watch the match Saturday with no fear of that aul "ground ball" being on intstead?
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

delgany

1. Parador pub  top of ormeau  . Good atmosphere   good  guinness  good pub food.   Good volume to matches on screens

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on August 04, 2015, 03:57:23 PM
What would be the best pub in Belfast to watch the match Saturday with no fear of that aul "ground ball" being on intstead?

Hatfield House.

Fuzzman

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on July 22, 2015, 05:15:31 PM

What did you think of our support yesterday.
I was in 728 upper Hogan and it was pathetic. Only a few of us speckled around and no cheering, chanting or flags.
Were fans expecting to win and waiting for the Kerry game or have people lost interest and don't rate our chances any more. I've only missed the Sligo game this year as was at Galway races but very disappointed all year with our support.

Talking of which, get behind the team now and make your voice heard on my Tyrone positivity thread. Too many of us just sit back and take it all on the chin but don't speak out or discuss what's good about this team. We need to give our side of the story and fright back against the begrudgers.
The reaction on here yesterday after our great win was disgusting for me to read.

oakleafgael

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 09, 2015, 11:29:40 AM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on July 22, 2015, 05:15:31 PM

What did you think of our support yesterday.
I was in 728 upper Hogan and it was pathetic. Only a few of us speckled around and no cheering, chanting or flags.
Were fans expecting to win and waiting for the Kerry game or have people lost interest and don't rate our chances any more. I've only missed the Sligo game this year as was at Galway races but very disappointed all year with our support.

Talking of which, get behind the team now and make your voice heard on my Tyrone positivity thread. Too many of us just sit back and take it all on the chin but don't speak out or discuss what's good about this team. We need to give our side of the story and fright back against the begrudgers.
The reaction on here yesterday after our great win was disgusting for me to read.

I would say that noughties spoilt a lot with success. One thing I have noticed with the Tyrone crowd is that it is noticeably smaller for a Saturday match than a Sunday game.

skeog

fuzzman premiership started yesterday bandwagoners be up and running for semi final no doubt