Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Martin McHugh said it is something to do with the troubles being over  :P

Mikhailov

the way things are going our in-house games will be 10 a side !!!

Mikhailov

Forgot to say also - at least 2 members of the squad are waiting to see what happens this weekend before deciding what to do regarding the states. Deadline for transfers is next Wednesday 8th and they are waiting to see what way they are fixed regarding - selection, game time, result... in that order!!

BennyHarp

I wouldn't worry too much. These lads who are leaving are decent squad players but aren't going to make or break a possible All Ireland push anytime soon. They are probably looking over their shoulder and seeing a raft of U21 coming along like the Brennan's, Bradley, Meyler etc and realising that they are falling further and further down the pecking order. I don't blame them for jumping ship and either making a bit of cash in America or concentrating on their clubs.
That was never a square ball!!

redhandefender

Quote from: Mikhailov on July 01, 2015, 03:48:01 PM
Forgot to say also - at least 2 members of the squad are waiting to see what happens this weekend before deciding what to do regarding the states. Deadline for transfers is next Wednesday 8th and they are waiting to see what way they are fixed regarding - selection, game time, result... in that order!!

Well I doubt they will know if there is any change regarding selection, game time or result by Wednesday as he announces the team on Thursday and the match is Saturday the 11th. I smell bullshit

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: longballin on July 01, 2015, 03:12:26 PM
Martin McHugh said it is something to do with the troubles being over  :P

I thought that was a strange comment to make. As far as I would be aware, GAA participation amongst  young people in the occupied 6 counties was increasing (Open to correction, just my perception).
Martin seemed to make his point due to the 6 counties senior teams lack of quality this past few years - does this have any merit?

longballin

Why does Irish News hype up young Tyrone players so much? seems to be more than other counties... was Kyle Coney then Ronan O Neill and now moved on to Mark Bradley after one game. Doesn't do them any favours

Under Lights

Heard the same. One of the lads in question is still in club championship

Keyboard Warrior

Would it be useful for Tyrone to have a junior team? Seems more of a Munster thing but may be a useful intermediate step to Senior. Much has been talked of certain players county potential I think it could have merit. Given the club fixtures are regularly thrown to the wayside anyway you'd suspect it wouldn't cause any more fixture havoc.

Any thoughts?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/video-second-half-onslaught-sees-kerry-retain-title-340300.html

Mikhailov

Quote from: Under Lights on July 01, 2015, 10:26:27 PM

You are correct , 1 is still in club championship and the other has started both championship games to date...

LeoMc

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on July 02, 2015, 10:39:10 AM
Would it be useful for Tyrone to have a junior team? Seems more of a Munster thing but may be a useful intermediate step to Senior. Much has been talked of certain players county potential I think it could have merit. Given the club fixtures are regularly thrown to the wayside anyway you'd suspect it wouldn't cause any more fixture havoc.

Any thoughts?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/video-second-half-onslaught-sees-kerry-retain-title-340300.html

We used to have one up to around 87 or 88. IIRC we won it in 86 and a couple of players stepped up to the senior panel later in the summer.
What are the current rules around eligibility, is it simply a reserve team or is it players picked from non-Senior clubs?

redhandefender

Quote from: Mikhailov on July 02, 2015, 11:13:51 AM

You are correct , 1 is still in club championship and the other has started both championship games to date...

aha started but not finished by the sounds of it lol

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: LeoMc on July 02, 2015, 11:15:37 AM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on July 02, 2015, 10:39:10 AM

Any thoughts?

We used to have one up to around 87 or 88. IIRC we won it in 86 and a couple of players stepped up to the senior panel later in the summer.
What are the current rules around eligibility, is it simply a reserve team or is it players picked from non-Senior clubs?

Unaware of the rules surrounding eligibility, if it were non-senior clubs only then perhaps that would defeat the purpose a bit. I'm sure it could be ran at minimal enough cost, given it's potential benefits. 

macca123

Quote from: Mikhailov on July 02, 2015, 11:13:51 AM

Awk lads come on spill the beans for the rest of us who don't know who you are talking about.

Gaffer

Names ! Names !
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"