China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

quit yo jibbajabba

Has the 10k allowance given to the MPs for home working been mentioned yet. Disgusting. What a system eh..

marty34

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 09, 2020, 02:04:25 PM
Quote from: marty34 on April 09, 2020, 01:49:07 PM
Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 01:40:33 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on April 09, 2020, 01:37:17 PM
Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 12:20:48 PM
The holiday home thing is bunkum. Just an excuse for a splurge on Garda overtime and a distraction from our nursing homes turning into charnel houses on foot of bad decisions made by Tony Holohan and the government a month ago.
Anybody should just be able to go where they want?
No, the fuss about holiday homes is bunkum.

But I have no problem with people travelling the length of the country once they keep to themselves and don't come into contact with others. If that means they would be banned from local shops and from filling stations etc en route, I'm fine with that.

You mean drive places, with kids, not stop in Applegreen or any service station etc.?

Then get to your destination, don't go shopping in any of the local shops or get any petrol diesel etc?

I think I'd rather stay at home.

You must be in one of these civil liberty groups who think they can do what they want, whenever they want and everybody else must stick to the guidelines.

Guards stopping at Bridgend both directions last night and today

Way it should be - clowns think they're on Easter holidays and can go anywhere they want.  Big queues of traffic heading south out of Dublin to Wicklow and Wexford - madness.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Rossfan on April 09, 2020, 02:06:13 PM
Good.

stopped me going back into Derry, turned car around coming from Derry

five points

You mean drive places, with kids, not stop in Applegreen or any service station etc.?

Then get to your destination, don't go shopping in any of the local shops or get any petrol diesel etc?

Me too, but at least they'd have a choice. Not like now where they can be pulled in and locked up for daring to travel at all.

You must be in one of these civil liberty groups who think they can do what they want, whenever they want and everybody else must stick to the guidelines.
No. I have no dog in this fight. But I think the hysteria about holiday homes is misplaced. I'm all for people travelling, if they can do so without posing a hazard to others.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 09, 2020, 02:04:25 PM

Guards stopping at Bridgend both directions last night and today

Just right too. It is the example it sets if these moorons were allowed to to and fro from a second home means everyone else will think well it is ok for them to move around it's ok for me to go for a drive as well. My wife is a nurse and the sacrifices she has had to make for the sake of our family so she can continue to work while scared absolutely shitless to go to work. Arseholes who cannot stay at home are putting her, her colleagues and everyone else at risk. Stay the f**k at home like the majority and do the right thing. I hope the cops all over the country are out in force over the weekend blockading popular spots to deter muppets like this and make their day a misery. 

J70

Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 02:13:03 PM

Me too, but at least they'd have a choice. Not like now where they can be pulled in and locked up for daring to travel at all.

No. I have no dog in this fight. But I think the hysteria about holiday homes is misplaced. I'm all for people travelling, if they can do so without posing a hazard to others.

You can't guarantee that though.

Captain Obvious

Has been reported that 70 doctors and nurses have been infected with Covid-19 at Cavan General Hospital.

five points

Quote from: J70 on April 09, 2020, 02:20:10 PM

No there are never any guarantees, nor are there any guarantees if they stay at home. But if they're barred from shops and filling stations while away, that should reduce the risk considerably.

five points

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 09, 2020, 02:28:03 PM
Has been reported that 70 doctors and nurses have been infected with Covid-19 at Cavan General Hospital.

Worse than that, "dozens more" are reported as being at home in isolation. Some Dickensian shit going on in there.

lenny

Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 02:33:58 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 09, 2020, 02:20:10 PM

No there are never any guarantees, nor are there any guarantees if they stay at home. But if they're barred from shops and filling stations while away, that should reduce the risk considerably.

What you're failing to understand is the unnecessary journey rule. It's there for a reason. If there are less cars on the road there is less chance of accidents. Just imagine, God forbid, an accident with 3 or 4 in each car having to be taken to the nearest A and E. The bottom line is there isn't the staff to deal with those sorts of things at the moment. If you're not out driving you'll not have an accident.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 02:35:00 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 09, 2020, 02:28:03 PM

Worse than that, "dozens more" are reported as being at home in isolation. Some Dickensian shit going on in there.

How many staff would work there altogether?

Risk of effective collapse of the hospital due to lack of staffing?
i usse an speelchekor

five points

Quote from: lenny on April 09, 2020, 02:40:18 PM

What you're failing to understand is the unnecessary journey rule. It's there for a reason. If there are less cars on the road there is less chance of accidents. Just imagine, God forbid, an accident with 3 or 4 in each car having to be taken to the nearest A and E. The bottom line is there isn't the staff to deal with those sorts of things at the moment. If you're not out driving you'll not have an accident.

I understand that fully. That's why I've talked about reducing risk considerably, not eliminating it altogether. The latter is impossible anyway, even around home. (A&Es are not busy at the moment either.)

five points

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 09, 2020, 02:42:05 PM
How many staff would work there altogether?

Risk of effective collapse of the hospital due to lack of staffing?

I don't know the numbers, sorry.

There must indeed be a risk of collapse. I hope I'm wrong.

seafoid

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-britain-path-speci-idUSKBN21P1VF

Two days later, China put the city of Wuhan, where the outbreak began, into a complete lockdown. Hubei, the surrounding province, would follow. But already, 17 passenger flights had flown directly from Wuhan to Britain since the start of 2020, and 614 flights from the whole of China, according to FlightRadar24, a flight-tracking service. That meant thousands of Chinese, some of them potential carriers, had come to Britain. On April 5, scientific adviser Ferguson said he estimated only one-third of infected people reaching Britain had been detected.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU