Cavan v Roscommon

Started by Shrewdness, June 22, 2015, 09:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Quote from: cavanmaniac on July 04, 2015, 06:47:25 PM
I think it's time for Hyland to pack it in at this stage. He's there long enough to at least gave some sort of attacking blueprint in place but on the evidence of today Cavan are no longer progressing under his stewardship.
It's worth reminding though that at least now Cavan have players that give their all and have pride in the shirt and for that Hyland deserves some credit but there's talented underage footballers in the county who need to be grown in an environment where attacking is not treated as a nuisance or an afterthought. Thanks Terry for restoring a bit of pride but the limitations of the tactical approach are all too apparent if not embarrassing at this stage.  Time for a new direction.

Yeah wouldnt exactly be a massive surprise to see him move on - he definitely made progress but it's very hard to see him taking Cavan further on. Time to roll the dice again I think.

Liam McHale seems to have made zero in the way of difference in adding to Cavan's attacking options. I had zero faith when he was appointed and on the basis of today he seems to have repaid that in spades so on that basis I'd be moving him on pronto too.

Syferus

That was lovely. It startched a real Itch we had after the last day.

Smith was good but Harney was my MotM on his first ever senior start. Donie Shine was huge for us in the first 50 too. Collins destroyed Argue in their battle and it really limited Cavan's options.

JoG2

No idea why Cavan insisted on sticking with big Tyson Furey on the edge of the square. Not sure if he won a single ball.

Some super scores tonight

That's Roscommon still on course to land Sam and Sligo the minor AI. Put yer Tyrone friends house on it !

Sea The Stars

Not going to dispute the red card or the fact that justice was served but what exactly is within the referee's remit in that situation? He missed the incident at the time as did all the officials and in fact they allowed play continue on for a period after it.

Clearly it was brought to the official's attention at the break and they have the benefit of TV replays but then you're in the territory of reviewing every incident in the whole half. Did they? Clearly not.

I know players like Martin Penrose and Brendan Bugler have been sent off for incidents after the half-time whistle had been blown but as far as I can recall this is a whole new precedent.

Blowitupref

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 04, 2015, 06:34:19 PM
Ros 3-17 Cavan 1-15 70th minute

Ros literally walk through the Cavan defence to put a gloss on the scoreline with a goal.
A gloss but the margin of the win was probably a fair reflection over the course of 70 mins. Very open game neither side can be happy with their defending when watching back.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Maroon Manc

Surprised at how open Cavan allowed the game to be, that showed them up for what they are. Roscommon should be dissapointed to concede so many scores but after the last day and their injury problems they'll be delighted with the win.

sligoman

Roscommon looked impressive going forward today.

Donie Shine looks much slimmer.

larryin89

Roscommon were great value at 5/1 before tonight's game to reach the quarters , I bet they'll be around 2/1 now.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

INDIANA

New management required for Cavan I'm afraid.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: larryin89 on July 04, 2015, 09:10:41 PM
Roscommon were great value at 5/1 before tonight's game to reach the quarters , I bet they'll be around 2/1 now.
Further than quarters is realistic. Nice & impressive tonight.

INDIANA

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 04, 2015, 09:23:47 PM

More chance of seeing Halley's Comet. Two Div 2 teams playing tonight

Captain Obvious

Enda Smth,Ultan Harney,Diarmuid Murtagh are three gems that Roscommon need to look after. defensively they are similar to Donegal before McGuinness arrived can John Evans bring that needed improvement or will it be another manager? Cavan scoring 1-16 would normally be enough to win them a game however they were surprising poor in defence today.

twohands!!!

Roscommon face one of Kildare, Longford and the winner of Antrim/Fermanagh in the next round.

After that the opposition will be one of the losers of Kerry/Cork or Dublin/Westmeath.

If Kerry put a beating on Cork tomorrow that might well be a very achievable route to the quarters even if drawn against them and Roscommon would have zero fear of a Westmeath side who will likely take a fairly big beating from Dublin.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: INDIANA on July 04, 2015, 09:28:02 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 04, 2015, 09:23:47 PM

More chance of seeing Halley's Comet. Two Div 2 teams playing tonight

Cavan are lucky enough to be a div 2 side. Roscommon have a lot more talented bunch of players.

giveballaghback

I had an "itchy" feeling heading for Cavan today but thankfully all is good in rossieland once more, silence is golden, a win is all that was required today, to win and learn lessons is always the best result, that will be a good confidence builder for the team, Cathal Shine, Senan k and Diarmuid M will be huge addition when they come back, with a full panel to pick from we can give a good account of ourselves regardless of who we play. Hon the Rossies.