Cavan v Roscommon

Started by Shrewdness, June 22, 2015, 09:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

Tough game for Ros. Last thing they needed right now.

Syferus

Never get any luck with these draws. All we can do is get mentally right and try our best. This match was never part of the plan.

twohands!!!

2 decent middleweights going head to head and one will be going out the exit door.

I'd imagine that quite a few of the other teams in the A side of things are only delighted to see these two drawn against each other.

Be interesting to compare the lineups from the teams that drew in the  first round of the league to the sides that take to the pitch in Breffni.

Shamrock Shore

A game to relish!

First time to meet in championship or were there battles in the 40s?

Syferus

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 22, 2015, 09:14:54 AM
A game to relish!

We played in Breffni just last year in Round 2.

giveballaghback

Will it be a home game for Ros as we were away last time we played cavan

Syferus

Quote from: giveballaghback on June 22, 2015, 09:16:44 AM
Will it be a home game for Ros as we were away last time we played cavan

No. That only applies to teams drawn away two years in a row in Round 1. It being the same opponents has no effect on home advantage even then.

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on June 22, 2015, 09:15:51 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 22, 2015, 09:14:54 AM
A game to relish!

We played in Breffni just last year in Round 2.

Good man shamrock, old age getting to ya. Disaster of a draw as now I have to share forum space with all the loolas from Rossie land. Anyway hopefully after filling their togs yesterday they'll be too deflated to even try beat us

Captain Obvious

Cavan should overturn the result from last year if the same Roscommon side that played poorly on Saturday turn up to Breffni park.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Shrewdness

Not talking the poor mouth, but i'm struggling to see how Ros can win this. Both teams are in such a different place right now. Cavan impressed me against Monaghan and were unlucky to lose. They then went to Ruislip and showed London up to be the rubbish team that they are, whilst Ros made London look decent.. Things moving nicely for Cavan. ...Contrast that with the wreckage in Roscommon. Morale is bound to be on the floor, a team riddled with injuries, and a management who persist with playing players out of position ..This is the worst game Ros could have got right now. Cavan will be out for revenge after 2 high profile defeats to Ros last year. They have the motivation and a stronger spirit right now. Can't see Ros lifting it. The next 2 weeks will show us what John Evans is made of. Can he lift them, or will this summer be the biggest anti climax ever seen from a team, of which good things were expected? Over to you Mr Evans.

Itchy

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 22, 2015, 09:50:45 AM
Not talking the poor mouth, but i'm struggling to see how Ros can win this. Both teams are in such a different place right now. Cavan impressed me against Monaghan and were unlucky to lose. They then went to Ruislip and showed London up to be the rubbish team that they are, whilst Ros made London look decent.. Things moving nicely for Cavan. ...Contrast that with the wreckage in Roscommon. Morale is bound to be on the floor, a team riddled with injuries, and a management who persist with playing players out of position ..This is the worst game Ros could have got right now. Cavan will be out for revenge after 2 high profile defeats to Ros last year. They have the motivation and a stronger spirit right now. Can't see Ros lifting it. The next 2 weeks will show us what John Evans is made of. Can he lift them, or will this summer be the biggest anti climax ever seen from a team, of which good things were expected? Over to you Mr Evans.

Gas, ye were going to win the all Ireland 2 weeks ago! Ros and Cavan are at a similar level and this will be a 50:50 game.

orangeman

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 22, 2015, 09:50:45 AM

Evans was being lauded a few weeks ago and there was talk of a big run in the all ireland series.

John can only do so much. He won't be playing. The players will. It will be up to them. Cavan beat a poor London side relatively speaking on Saturday so thee would be no point in Cavan getting carried away with that result.

If you look at the odds for the game it definitely is a 50:50 game - evens your pick.

Jinxy

I can sense the tension between Itchy & Syferus building.
There needs to be a reckoning of some sort.
I think that if Cavan win, Syferus shouldn't post for a month.
And if Roscommon win, Itchy (& Syferus) shouldn't post for a month.
It's put your money where your mouth is time.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on June 22, 2015, 10:05:54 AM
I can sense the tension between Itchy & Syferus building.
There needs to be a reckoning of some sort.
I think that if Cavan win, Syferus shouldn't post for a month.
And if Roscommon win, Itchy (& Syferus) shouldn't post for a month.
It's put your money where your mouth is time.

I can just use the Rossfan account anyways.