Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtogs

On a serious note i heard last week that club Tyrone have lost 25/30% of Irish based club Tyrone members in the last 12 months..... from a personal experience the amount of people calling for change in the management front is alarming....

skeog

Nearly every club has a Cairde scheme which could be reasons numbers down.

southtyronegael

Quote from: bigtogs on February 11, 2019, 06:06:03 PM
On a serious note i heard last week that club Tyrone have lost 25/30% of Irish based club Tyrone members in the last 12 months..... from a personal experience the amount of people calling for change in the management front is alarming....
did canavan not say this in independent lately? 200 club Tyrone members gone. Think he was blaming county board rather than management though.

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 11, 2019, 06:36:28 PM
did canavan not say this in independent lately? 200 club Tyrone members gone. Think he was blaming county board rather than management though.

Wouldn't alot of these, if not all, be ones finishing their 5 year commitment? I'd be interested to hear if any of them are cancellations.

NotedObserver

Does anyone know what is happening training wise? Seen Hampsey saying they are working on their forward play by this i assume it is the few balls we seen hit into mcshane.

Hopefully with the break we can see more signs following

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: NotedObserver on February 11, 2019, 10:26:31 PM
Does anyone know what is happening training wise? Seen Hampsey saying they are working on their forward play by this i assume it is the few balls we seen hit into mcshane.

Hopefully with the break we can see more signs following

In the first 15 or 20 minutes there were a few good balls played in which McShane won. I remember McGeary hitting a couple of good ones in particular. The problem then was that McShane was isolated against an extra defender so he didn't have room to get a shot off and we didn't have runners close enough to him to take the ball off the shoulder.

This reminded me of the first 20 minutes v Mayo when we played some great balls into Harte and Brennan in the full forward line but not much ultimately came of them. As the year goes on I hope we can persevere with this tactic and just try and get men closer to the receiver which should result in more scores. 

Under Lights

McShane's finishing for goals is poor. Butchered our only goal chance the other day, butchered one in the AI final too and McKenna cup final this year.

wee scully

Without club Tyrone garvaghey never would exist, the income brought in each year is needed for the upkeep of it and if you say they're down up to 30% that's a big blow

Could we see Garvaghey as a white elephant or will the cunty board be red out in time to avoid this

Delegater

Did every club not have to pay £5k per year for three years when first built?

Then they have the cheek to charge clubs to use it.

Designed in the shape of celtic T-have you ever heard of such BS? Im sure the birds in the sky love the design but the players  detest the place.

youhavenofans

Quote from: Delegater on February 12, 2019, 05:02:02 PM

Designed in the shape of celtic T-have you ever heard of such BS? Im sure the birds in the sky love the design but the players  detest the place.

One of our counties largest main contractors were heavily involved in the garvaghey scheme and strongly advised them not to proceed with the T option. they were then asked to no longer be involved in the design and it was approved by others with no construction experience.

bigtogs

Quote from: youhavenofans on February 12, 2019, 05:29:45 PM
Quote from: Delegater on February 12, 2019, 05:02:02 PM

One of our counties largest main contractors were heavily involved in the garvaghey scheme and strongly advised them not to proceed with the T option. they were then asked to no longer be involved in the design and it was approved by others with no construction experience.

Surely thats not true!!

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: wee scully on February 12, 2019, 04:46:28 PM

Without club Tyrone garvaghey never would exist, the income brought in each year is needed for the upkeep of it and if you say they're down up to 30% that's a big blow

Could we see Garvaghey as a white elephant or will the cunty board be red out in time to avoid this

I see you red Spillane's arcticle yesterday!
Dont know if it could be a "white elephant", the facilities are being used all the time, sorry i shud reword that, the demand for the facilites would be high but pitches constantly closed or else the Lord Mayor doesnt want anyone else on it!

bigtogs

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on February 13, 2019, 09:55:52 AM

Dont know if it could be a "white elephant", the facilities are being used all the time, sorry i shud reword that, the demand for the facilites would be high but pitches constantly closed or else the Lord Mayor doesnt want anyone else on it!

Is Garvaghy paying for its self??? i would think it has to subsidised via Club Tyrone.....

tiempo

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on February 13, 2019, 09:55:52 AM

Lord Mayor's vanity project 101, no need for it at all, as for the celtic T  :-X

southtyronegael

Club Tyrone have lost 200 members @£500 per year. That's £100000 per year gone. Any wonder prices for club league games went up last year.