The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Sinn Fein and the SDLP given up on Noaln all together? Very 1 sided approach the night.

johnnycool

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 02, 2023, 01:00:42 AM
Sinn Fein and the SDLP given up on Noaln all together? Very 1 sided approach the night.

Lads,
     Turn that shíte off, it's a light entertainment show, not to be taken seriously just like Jerry Springer or your man Kilroy Silk.

marty34

Quote from: johnnycool on March 02, 2023, 08:00:17 AM

Lads,
     Turn that shíte off, it's a light entertainment show, not to be taken seriously just like Jerry Springer or your man Kilroy Silk.

Agree.

How does Angry Jim get so much time on that show?

Compare him to Carroll of PBP who gets no time on it.

johnnycool

Quote from: marty34 on March 02, 2023, 08:14:06 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 02, 2023, 08:00:17 AM

Lads,

Agree.

How does Angry Jim get so much time on that show?

Compare him to Carroll of PBP who gets no time on it.

When I said it was a light entertainment show I wasn't joking. It doesn't have to meet any rules on impartiality on the BBC like the News or a current affairs program.

yellowcard

If someone had landed from Mars 6 years ago they would think that the triumvirate of DUP/TUV/LCC ran this place and that everybody else was in the minority. The Nolan show has over indulged this protocol wrangling from within loyalism for far too long, its like the mouthpiece for the Newsletter. They are totally out of touch with the reality on the ground and some day the penny might drop if there isn't a backlash before then. As was often stated if he had been around in the days of the GFA I don't think there would have been any deal there either. The relationship between Nolan, Allister, Bryson, Paisley etc is a very curious one.   

Armamike

The phrase 'silent majority' springs to mind.  All of the attention is on a smaller hard core section of the population.  People who vote SF, SDLP, Alliance and even Ulster Unionist aren't being heard. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

RedHand88

The wackos are box office. They boost ratings. That's all they are about in reality. If it was Gerry Carroll or Claire Hanna on last night none of you would be talking about it today.

Keyser soze

I had the misfortune to hear the intro to the Nolan show on the radio this morning, it sounded like a party political broadcast for the anti protocol party. How on earth does he get away with this shite, and all on the licence payers dime.

johnnycool

Quote from: Keyser soze on March 02, 2023, 10:10:21 AM
I had the misfortune to hear the intro to the Nolan show on the radio this morning, it sounded like a party political broadcast for the anti protocol party. How on earth does he get away with this shite, and all on the licence payers dime.

It's light entertainment just like the two Johnnies or Hugo Duncan..

Turn off.

Keyser soze

Quote from: johnnycool on March 02, 2023, 10:19:48 AM

Turn off.

I dont listen to him, he comes on to do a promo before the 9 o'clock news.

Armamike

Turn off.

The problem is he rabble rousing and sensationalising which only creates more anxiety and negativity among unionists?  Compare him to a William Crawley who can let people have their say without whipping up hysteria.
That's just, like your opinion man.

AustinPowers

Turn off.

Oh Christ,  as bad as Hugo is , I'd prefer him over those two 

NAG1

So now that we have Ian og/ Sammy, Bin Boy and the LCC all rejecting the deal.

How does wee Jeff manoeuvre out of this never ending cul de sac?

The hardliners and the West Minister yob running the show, while it seems the rank and file DUP would actually go for the deal just to move past this mess of their own making.

Hard to see any way for wee Jeff now to sell this as the victory they thought they were going to get.

trueblue1234

What's the story if they do reject? Will Rishi not just go ahead with a vote anyway, and it'll get enough support especially with labour suppirting. Can they not implement it without DUP/ NI assembly? Will just mean the "brake" will be out of action removing all power from theDUP to challenge Europe.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

johnnycool

Struggling with this sovereignty thing.

"we" left the EU to have the parliament in London and the crown as the only sovereign rule maker.

But if that sovereign Government in London and signed into law by HM the Queen of the realm passes a bill such as the NI Protocol where certain EU regulations are to be honoured in a certain part of the UK, is that not within it's rights?