The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

Dup politicians are personally rich so they dont care.

imtommygunn

Quote from: trailer on March 01, 2023, 09:16:46 AM
And this morning Frost is out criticising the deal. This guy... he negotiated the last deal which Unionists hated and led to the collapse of Stormont. Do these people have no self awareness? He actually campaigned to stay in EU when the Whiskey trade was paying him! What credible journalist is giving him oxygen? He is nothing more than cheap whiskey lobbyist. And Whiskey, lets face it, is pure pish.

They don't care. Not one bit. They'll spin and lie whatever way they think it suits them.

It is clear he's an idiot.

johnnycool

Quote from: Eire90 on March 01, 2023, 09:28:33 AM

Some possibly are, the MP's barring Shannon and maybe the girl from Portydown direction aren't personally rich I'd have thought, plus a load of the MLA's aren't so I'd say they're missing their wee salary or will be very soon if the DUP don't accept the deal and get back into Stormont.

mouview

And this morning Frost is out criticising the deal. This guy... he negotiated the last deal which Unionists hated and led to the collapse of Stormont. Do these people have no self awareness? He actually campaigned to stay in EU when the Whiskey trade was paying him! What credible journalist is giving him oxygen? He is nothing more than cheap whiskey lobbyist. And Whiskey, lets face it, is pure pish.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. It's 'whisky'.   Vive la difference.

Snapchap

Quote from: mouview on March 01, 2023, 11:34:37 AM

Not in Ireland it's not.

armaghniac

Quote from: Snapchap on March 01, 2023, 12:16:52 PM
Quote from: mouview on March 01, 2023, 11:34:37 AM

Not in Ireland it's not.

Yes, but Frost was selling the Scottish product, not the Irish one.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on March 01, 2023, 11:07:18 AM

Some possibly are, the MP's barring Shannon and maybe the girl from Portydown direction aren't personally rich I'd have thought, plus a load of the MLA's aren't so I'd say they're missing their wee salary or will be very soon if the DUP don't accept the deal and get back into Stormont.

I'd say one MP isn't as rich as many think and that's why he is constantly seeking money for favours, must have a serious addiction of sorts thats losing him money
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

While the DUPUDA "consider" (delay) things will the European and British Parliaments go ahead and approve the deal or does it all stop till the 17th Century says No?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 01, 2023, 02:15:17 PM

I'd say one MP isn't as rich as many think and that's why he is constantly seeking money for favours, must have a serious addiction of sorts thats losing him money

There's no pockets in his Da's shroud....

It must have went somewhere!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on March 01, 2023, 02:27:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 01, 2023, 02:15:17 PM

There's no pockets in his Da's shroud....

It must have went somewhere!

Digs and food paid for while away in London, flights also. Free bar upstairs and then whatever else they can milk off the system before they take their salary!!

So guessing some sort of addiction
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

The likes of Arlene Foster and Nigel Dodds are very wealthy individuals totally out of touch with what ordinary people have to face. It makes no difference to some of those people whether the health service is on its knees or if people are struggling in a cost of living crisis. Hence why they took some of the catastrophic decisions they did during Brexit negotiations that were economically self harming. It was almost solely about proving themselves as superbrits to the ERG and aiming to harden the border. For those 2 to continually resurface as commentators during ongoing negotiations just shows an incredible lack of self awareness. Far worse than Jeffrey Donaldson who was handed a poisoned chalice. 

Its a disgrace that MLA's are still getting any salary whilst Stormont is down but I'd say there is an internal battle going on within the DUP between the local MLA's and the bigwigs in Westminster.

imtommygunn

The DUP are basically tories. There are still major questions over who funded their brexit campaign and what they got out of it.

Same as tories - what is in it for them? As someone here said - loyal to the half crown and not the crown.

Dougal Maguire

SNP are now arguing that Scotland should get the same EU deal that the DUP are possibly going to reject 😂
Careful now

seafoid

What the North got is what it had pre Brexit. Aka Remain

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 01, 2023, 04:23:11 PM
The DUP are basically tories. There are still major questions over who funded their brexit campaign and what they got out of it.

Same as tories - what is in it for them? As someone here said - loyal to the half crown and not the crown.

Worse than Tories.