The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportacus

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 19, 2024, 04:17:33 PMTbh there should be phds in this. There was shorts etc etc and walking into jobs with no education while catholics etc had to get educated. That has more or less now stopped so families who would have assumed to basically be on a gravy train without the effort to educate etc now will be no more.

One of the biggest enemies of the "PUL" community is the DUP. It does nothing to lift up people in poor areas etc.
Basically that's what happened to the Shankill.  Generations of families were guaranteed a job in the local factories, and across town in the shipyard.  They didn't need to worry about education and over several generations the idea of educational attainment died out.  When fair employment eventually kicked in they were left floundering.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 19, 2024, 04:17:33 PMTbh there should be phds in this. There was shorts etc etc and walking into jobs with no education while catholics etc had to get educated. That has more or less now stopped so families who would have assumed to basically be on a gravy train without the effort to educate etc now will be no more.

One of the biggest enemies of the "PUL" community is the DUP. It does nothing to lift up people in poor areas etc.
And why would they as if the locals get "too" educated they might cast their vote elsewhere. The fear of themmuns is a stronger draw in many communities than the draw a better life and getting the f**k out of there.

armaghniac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 19, 2024, 04:41:35 PM

And why would they as if the locals get "too" educated they might cast their vote elsewhere. The fear of themmuns is a stronger draw in many communities than the draw a better life and getting the f**k out of their.

There is an enormous themmuns factor in the DUP, everything is positioned in opposition to normal Irish people.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

LC

Quote from: johnnycool on March 19, 2024, 02:28:12 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on March 17, 2024, 07:52:10 AM
Quote from: gallsman on March 16, 2024, 02:26:24 PMAllister talking through his hole. He was the only Prod in his Queens law class in...1974?
I'm not sure that's what he said.
He said that he was the first person in 10 years from his school, while there were 12 from St Whatever's.

Though I still wouldn't rule out that he was talking through his hole.

First post underneath the video dispels that myth right away.

Far be it from me, but Bryson was right in his reply (jesus, I can't believe I'm typing this) but continue on with your studies and work for a better future, it's what was driven into us from the 70's on, get an education as you won't be able to walk into a job in the shipyard/Shorts/Civil Service/Peelers like our Protestant neighbours.

Equality can be a bollox when you're used to entitlement.

Jim's bitterness in relation to the current judiciary is great  ;D

It says everything when the likes of Jamie and Co are only figuring this out now.

armaghniac

I see that the DUP were playing silly buggers about the EU in the Assembly today. The "honeymoon" did not last long.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

It's time for Jamie Bryson to join the TUV and stand for election. But I'd be surprised if he does because he knows that it could spell the end for him.

Main Street

Quote from: LC on March 19, 2024, 05:06:22 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 19, 2024, 02:28:12 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 16, 2024, 02:26:24 PMAllister talking through his hole. He was the only Prod in his Queens law class in...1974?
He said that he was the first person in 10 years from his school, while there were 12 from St Whatever's.

First post underneath the video dispels that myth right away.

Far be it from me, but Bryson was right in his reply (jesus, I can't believe I'm typing this) but continue on with your studies and work for a better future, it's what was driven into us from the 70's on, get an education as you won't be able to walk into a job in the shipyard/Shorts/Civil Service/Peelers like our Protestant neighbours.

Equality can be a bollox when you're used to entitlement.

Jim's bitterness in relation to the current judiciary is great  ;D

It says everything when the likes of Jamie and Co are only figuring this out now.
Jamie didn't take his bigotry to task, with him full of resentment and fear (supposedly) being surrounded by GAA shirts at law school. Jamie's message was plough on son to the end, we need bigot lawyers (not lawyers without bigotry).

gallsman

dec

According to Wikipedia he went to Regent House Grammar School, only 1 law student in 10 years seems pretty unlikely.

yellowcard

Quote from: dec on March 19, 2024, 09:26:42 PM

According to Wikipedia he went to Regent House Grammar School, only 1 law student in 10 years seems pretty unlikely.

Jim Allister is 70 years of age so I'd be surprised if he was surrounded by nationalists as much as he claims back in the 1970s. It might be different now but I can't imagine the professions were being flooded with nationalists at that stage.

johnnycool

Quote from: dec on March 19, 2024, 09:26:42 PM

Sweet fĂșck, he's from my part of the world then.
 :o

Mutantards always had a bitter element to it in all fairness and the landed gentry around it are no different, they just hide it better but it came out every once in a while.