Mayo V Kerry- 8/4/12

Started by Sam2011, April 05, 2012, 02:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL/MAYO

According to Radio Kerry, Mayo play Kerry again next week in semi final.

maigheo

league semi finals next sun.kerry v mayo  cork v down

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 08, 2012, 03:04:09 PM
Kerry picking a patched up line up is backfiring do they care? probably not.

::)

Must be great being from Kerry. If they're winning its because they're great, if they're losing its because they're not trying.

Some defensive performance from an under strength Mayo to hold out for a draw in Tralee with 14 men. Kerry threw the best they had on and couldn't get the win they clearly wanted.

Big ask to do it all again next week but it's an extra game ahead of the championship and the early signs this season are mainly positive.

A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

moysider

Venue? There wouldn t be 10,000 in Croke Park for a double header. Or anywhere.

Let the poorer seeded teams have home advantage. There d bit a bit of a crowd then and I m sure Cork and Kerry fans couldn t care less anyway  ;).

maigheo

venue not confirmed yet.Listening to James Horan on mad west and sounds very dissappointed with a draw.It will be interesting to see next weeks selection as newcomers Docerty and Gibbons seemed to play well .

REDCOL

Just home from Tralee, Aidan O Se was immense in the first half. Our Half forward line were very good all through especially Andy. Conroy was poor, Jason looked very good in the first half. Keith was in trouble for the first time this year with gooch. When Kerry brought on the havy artillery in the second half we were under real pressure. Young Regan too light for Senior yet lost an amount of ball when he came on, if Varley came on we would of held out. Gibbons was pretty good in the air.

5 Sams

Confirmed for 2pm next Sun at HQ lads..we're on after yiz at 4
The Aristocrat Years

mannix

Well done Mayo, nervy enough stuff for a league game. I was sweating when Kerry got the equalizer that the keeper would drive it out to them for the winner. Kerry Just have some real class players, they know how to do it.

mlcollins

Well it should be an interesting match.I believe both teams will benefit and learn more about themselves as a result of these two matches,Mayo have introduced a physicality and intensity to their game which will ask a few questions of kerry re: personnel and positioning of players,it is well documented that placing seamus moynihan in the fullback position all those years was only decided upon on their last league game that year,the main areas for kerry to sort out are where to play donaghy,on the 40 or back in at full forward although i think a full forward line of curtin,declan o' sullivan and gooch would be frightening.Midfield is sorted once maher comes back and scanlon returns from injury.Kerry have numerous options in the half back line especially with thomas returning in the future,personally i think a half back line of thomas and crowly on the wings and mark in the centre would be dynamic,however more than likely mark will be required in our only troubled line the fullback line meaning that brosnan or mcguire will compete for the halfback position with brosnan winning out and then there is the fullback line They should persevere with enright in the corner,  young at fullback and more than likely mark in the other corner.

ballinaman

Here we go again....2 yellows for Keegan so he should be good to start again. Hopefully Boyle has recovered from sickness of last weekend. Keane to replace O'Reilly as well i'd say.

Team are flying out to Portugal for a weeks training on Sunday evening.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ballinaman on April 11, 2012, 10:38:50 AM
Here we go again....2 yellows for Keegan so he should be good to start again. Hopefully Boyle has recovered from sickness of last weekend. Keane to replace O'Reilly as well i'd say.

Huh?
Is the knockout stage a different competition to the round robin section?
I thought a red card meant Keegan would have to miss the next two competitive games, regardless of their nature.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ballinaman

Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 11, 2012, 11:51:39 AM

Huh?
I thought a red card meant Keegan would have to miss the next two competitive games, regardless of their nature.
Not 100%, can anyone confirm?

Tubberman

Quote from: ballinaman on April 11, 2012, 12:02:40 PM

Huh?

You don't miss any games for 2 yellows, only for straight red. So Keegan will be available again for Sunday.

I think I'd go for McHale before Keane. I haven't seen a lot of McHale but he really impressed me against Dublin and he has more pace than Keane. On a big wide pitch like Croker, Keane could be in bother. 
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ballinaman

Quote from: Tubberman on April 11, 2012, 12:10:07 PM

Huh?

You don't miss any games for 2 yellows, only for straight red. So Keegan will be available again for Sunday.

I think I'd go for McHale before Keane. I haven't seen a lot of McHale but he really impressed me against Dublin and he has more pace than Keane. On a big wide pitch like Croker, Keane could be in bother.
True, need to keep tabs on O'Leary this time around whoever picks him up, caused us serious bother on the last two occassions.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: ballinaman on April 11, 2012, 12:29:29 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on April 11, 2012, 12:10:07 PM

Huh?

True, need to keep tabs on O'Leary this time around whoever picks him up, caused us serious bother on the last two occassions.

O'Leary? He was fairly meh last Sunday in my eyes. Certainly far less dangerous than Curtin/Cooper were anyway,not sure why you'd single him out. He mightn't even start from what I'm hearing.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...