Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on December 11, 2019, 02:28:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2019, 01:56:07 PM
Quote from: Hound on December 11, 2019, 01:35:50 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2019, 01:23:33 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 11, 2019, 01:18:37 PM
Get a proper job!

Very well paid job, thanks very much, there was a report out recently saying Dublin is more expensive that London! good luck
Tut!

Have you not heard that the UN has just come out and said Ireland is the third best place in the world to live?

QuoteIreland has the third highest quality of life in the world, according to a new study by the United Nations.

The annual Human Development Index rankings are calculated using three categories: health, education and income.

Norway topped the list, followed by Switzerland, with UK and US taking 15th and 16th places.

Ireland has a life expectancy of 82 years, 16th of 189 countries, with the highest life expectancy coming from Hong Kong at almost 85 years old.

In terms of expected years of schooling, Ireland is ranked seventh behind Australia.

Leading the wealth category is Qatar, with a gross national income of €98,630, as Ireland ranked 12th on the list with a gross national income of €55,265. The lowest for national income is Burundi with €596.

Ireland has shown significant growth in the quality of life index, it is up from fourth place last year, while between 2012 and 2017, it jumped 13 places.

The lowest country in the quality-of-life ranking is Niger, with the bottom 10 countries coming from Africa.

Top 10:
1 Norway
2 Switzerland
3 Ireland
4 Germany
5 Hong Kong (study done pre recent events)
6 Australia
7 Iceland
8 Sweden
9 Singapore
10 Netherlands

I live in Ireland
Absolutely

Just not the "Ireland" that was assessed above. Would have been first otherwise  ;D

So is your food different down there? Do you exercise more? As far as I'm concerned I live on the island of Ireland, 40 miles from the border won't have any affect of my quality of life, length of life, or schooling, as in the north, its very good, plus the free health service is hard to beat.

I didn't realise you looked at Irishmen in the north differently, what about ones from Donegal? Can't get more north than that.

I seen all those coats on the Halfpenny bridge in Dublin the other day, what's that all about?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clonadmad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2019, 05:15:53 PM
Quote from: Hound on December 11, 2019, 02:28:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2019, 01:56:07 PM
Quote from: Hound on December 11, 2019, 01:35:50 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2019, 01:23:33 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 11, 2019, 01:18:37 PM
Get a proper job!

Very well paid job, thanks very much, there was a report out recently saying Dublin is more expensive that London! good luck
Tut!

Have you not heard that the UN has just come out and said Ireland is the third best place in the world to live?

QuoteIreland has the third highest quality of life in the world, according to a new study by the United Nations.

The annual Human Development Index rankings are calculated using three categories: health, education and income.

Norway topped the list, followed by Switzerland, with UK and US taking 15th and 16th places.

Ireland has a life expectancy of 82 years, 16th of 189 countries, with the highest life expectancy coming from Hong Kong at almost 85 years old.

In terms of expected years of schooling, Ireland is ranked seventh behind Australia.

Leading the wealth category is Qatar, with a gross national income of €98,630, as Ireland ranked 12th on the list with a gross national income of €55,265. The lowest for national income is Burundi with €596.

Ireland has shown significant growth in the quality of life index, it is up from fourth place last year, while between 2012 and 2017, it jumped 13 places.

The lowest country in the quality-of-life ranking is Niger, with the bottom 10 countries coming from Africa.

Top 10:
1 Norway
2 Switzerland
3 Ireland
4 Germany
5 Hong Kong (study done pre recent events)
6 Australia
7 Iceland
8 Sweden
9 Singapore
10 Netherlands

I live in Ireland
Absolutely

Just not the "Ireland" that was assessed above. Would have been first otherwise  ;D

So is your food different down there? Do you exercise more? As far as I'm concerned I live on the island of Ireland, 40 miles from the border won't have any affect of my quality of life, length of life, or schooling, as in the north, its very good, plus the free health service is hard to beat.

I didn't realise you looked at Irishmen in the north differently, what about ones from Donegal? Can't get more north than that.

I seen all those coats on the Halfpenny bridge in Dublin the other day, what's that all about?

You don't live in the same jurisdiction as us in the Republic of Ireland,that's what this is covering.

Nice jibe about the coats though at the end,I guess that's to be expected from a castle Catholic

Wants to be part of Ireland,insulted when he isn't and then sticks in a jibe about homelessness to feel that bit  "superior" to the south even though by any metric,NI is a failed state

Rossfan

Milltown can be quite partitionist right enough.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Some double standards by the superior Irish posters, when they get a bitta stick back you're a partitionist!

Given a chance I'd say the south would vote against an UI
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

weareros

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2019, 07:11:01 PM
Some double standards by the superior Irish posters, when they get a bitta stick back you're a partitionist!

There'd be a mé féiner element, but I would be surprised if it was more than 20%.

clonadmad

Oh I thought you were Irish also

Make yer up mind son

As you for presuming to know how "the south"  would vote,

wouldn't it be your wet dream if we did vote against a UI,

you could then claim it was us who wrecked any chance of a UI while at the same time delighted that you can remain a British  subject.

Rossfan

Quote from: weareros on December 11, 2019, 07:26:23 PM

There'd be a mé féiner element, but I would be surprised if it was more than 20%.

+1.
Although the attitudes of some 6 Cos Nationalists don't help.

Milltown Row2

There are very few southerners looking to take on the north on this board, not surprising though.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2019, 10:36:17 PM
There are very few southerners looking to take on the north on this board, not surprising though.
It would need to be planned. I think it could work but that it take a few decades to do it properly. Reunification takes time.
What we do not want is a sloppy attempt that turns people off the idea for the next century.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

clonadmad

No more than yourself,ably representing the castle catholic demographic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clonadmad on December 12, 2019, 08:34:25 AM

No more than yourself,ably representing the castle catholic demographic

Well you lot dropped us pretty quickly when the chance came along, I haven't seen anything to tell me that it would be straight forward and open arms

lfdown2

In fairness Milltown...

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2019/12/11/news/-warmforwinter-public-coat-donation-comes-to-belfast-1786979/

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lfdown2 on December 12, 2019, 08:50:37 AM

In fairness Milltown...

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2019/12/11/news/-warmforwinter-public-coat-donation-comes-to-belfast-1786979/

I don't come on and build up this utopia of living in the south though. I see homeless people every day in Belfast city centre, but some of the crap Seafoid, Rossfan and others put up about how poor NI is would sicken your hole.

Quality of life on this island is the same north and south, poverty is the same.

Though the above coat donation in Belfast was a follow on from the halfpenny bridge and the recent sleep out organised event at the weekend, though I'm not sure the coats were taken down like they were by the DCC 

Rossfan

I can't recall making comments about how poor the North is.
I agree though with  what most here say -that it's an economic basket case, propped up by English and Scottish taxpayers. (Wales is probably a half basket case at this stage too).

Seafóid regularly compares the GDP figures of the 6 and 26 but also references the difference in GDP between the BMW and the South and East.