Cavan v Tyrone - 5pm, Clones, Sat 6th July

Started by tyroneman, July 01, 2019, 12:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

An all Ulster match up, who'da thought it.

Won't be a stroll in the park for Tyrone, Cavan have been well fit for us in the past and wil be smarting after the Donegal hammering.

RedHand88

Throne tend to kick into gear at this stage of the championship and should on paper be ok.

That said there's no pressure on Cavan and it's essentially a free hit.

Over the Bar

Cavan will probably want it in Clones as more likely Tyrone will take them to the cleaners in Croker if a double header.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 01, 2019, 01:00:36 PM
Cavan will probably want it in Clones as more likely Tyrone will take them to the cleaners in Croker if a double header.

It'll not be in Croke Park. Westlife are there Friday and Saturday.

sekibanki

Cavan turned down Clones last year in favour of Brewster park, when the whole Newbridge or Nowhere put paid to the GAA's plans for a double-header

bogball88

Quote from: sekibanki on July 01, 2019, 02:26:48 PM
Cavan turned down Clones last year in favour of Brewster park, when the whole Newbridge or Nowhere put paid to the GAA's plans for a double-header
Did they turn it down? It was a home tie for them but Breffni was being redeveloped. I would have assumed in such an instance that they picked Brester as opposed to Clones? I could be wrong

Norf Tyrone

Clones on Saturday confirmed.
U20s at 2.45pm and seniors at 5pm.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

RedHand88

Rois

FFS. 

Will Sky be showing it?  I'll be in Croke Park.    :'(

RedHand88

Quote from: Rois on July 01, 2019, 02:41:22 PM
FFS. 

Yea they'll almost certainly have Tyrone v cavan and mayo v Galway.

Hope Westlife are good.

sekibanki

Quote from: bogball88 on July 01, 2019, 02:31:16 PM
Quote from: sekibanki on July 01, 2019, 02:26:48 PM
Did they turn it down? It was a home tie for them but Breffni was being redeveloped. I would have assumed in such an instance that they picked Brewster as opposed to Clones? I could be wrong
Yes, they picked Brewster as Breffni was unavailable. The initial rumour mill had guessed the match would be in Clones, I guesss that Cavan preferred the tighter pitch and somewhere where Tyrone feel slightly less at home.

Rossfan

Quote from: Rois on July 01, 2019, 02:41:22 PM
FFS. 

Sky showing Cavan/Tyrone at 5 and the Connacht B Final at 7.
RTÉ showing Meath/Ckare on Sunday.
Cork v Laois doesn't seem to count.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Mickey Graham has lifted a couple of hoodoos this year

1- Beating one bogey team, Roscommon, in the league
2- Beating another bogey team Monaghan after a string of tight championship defeats in recent years
3- Getting us to an Ulster final, maintaining Cavans record of being in at least 1 ulster final in every decade since foundation of the GAA.

Now the biggest f**king hoodoo of them all, Tyrone. If he can sort this one out he will be some man.

I don't know what to expect to be honest, Tyrone looked powerful against Kildare and can Cavan lift themselves after the Ulster final (someone called it a hammering, it was 5 points hardly a hammering). Sick with that draw to be honest, I'd have been confident against any of the other teams. Bookies have us at 10/3 which says they not giving us much hope.

J70

Quote from: Itchy on July 01, 2019, 05:53:20 PM
Mickey Graham has lifted a couple of hoodoos this year

1- Beating one bogey team, Roscommon, in the league
2- Beating another bogey team Monaghan after a string of tight championship defeats in recent years
3- Getting us to an Ulster final, maintaining Cavans record of being in at least 1 ulster final in every decade since foundation of the GAA.

Now the biggest f**king hoodoo of them all, Tyrone. If he can sort this one out he will be some man.

I don't know what to expect to be honest, Tyrone looked powerful against Kildare and can Cavan lift themselves after the Ulster final (someone called it a hammering, it was 5 points hardly a hammering). Sick with that draw to be honest, I'd have been confident against any of the other teams. Bookies have us at 10/3 which says they not giving us much hope.

It was a hammering. Ten points would have been a much truer reflection of Donegal's dominance.

Don't feel bad, Tyrone fared the same against Donegal when their tactically inept, lifeless performance merited a double figure beating! That they scored three quick points in injury time to end up losing by only four doesn't change that

And we suffered the same against Dublin in the Super 8s last year. We lost by five points, but it was nowhere near a five point gulf in class or control of the game. Dublin did the bare minimum they needed to. They could have blown us out of the water.

Fuzzman

Without sounding condescending, Cavan haven't had much luck in the draw this year.
They must have been very pleased to knock out Monaghan, one of the favourites for Ulster to then have a tough game with a much improved Armagh and then get taught a lesson by Donegal.
I'd say they would have much preferred anyone but another Ulster team.

It's a long long time since Cavan beat Tyrone and you imagine they won't have much chance this time with Tyrone out to prove a lot of people wrong after a poor show in previous rounds.

Cathal McShane continues to average five or six points a game and with Rian O'Neill and Adam Tyrell out of the running now, McShane will have a chance this Sat to go top scorer. A lot of people on here from Tyrone thought he wasn't good enough but the lad has kept his belief and shown he can play that lone forward role well and hold the ball up well for others to join the attack. He isn't scared to take his man on the odd time either and wins a lot of frees or as Lenny would say "Dives".
At least you'll soon have the NorthWest 200 to look forward to Len.
Hopefully Tyrone will provide Brolly and his puppets with a few more controversial incidents over the weeks ahead to keep up the ante "red hand defenders" struggle.

Tyrell   34
O'Neill   30
McShane   29
Costello   27