Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayop

Any chance of us getting something against the Dubs?

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Jayop on July 09, 2018, 05:30:19 PM

If we can beat Roscommon and keep our momentum going while at the same time avoiding injuries and suspensions then anything is possible. There would be a great atmosphere in Omagh and you'd like to think we would be the hungrier side. However you wouldn't want to be relying on two points from that game!

Jayop

No and that's the beauty of this super8 is that even if you're in with Dublin you can still progress. Would be something else to get the 2 points from them though and go through as group winners. The confidence you'd get would be amazing going into the semi final against either kerry or Galway you'd imagine.

Gas thing is though even if you beat Dublin in Omagh you'd still have to beat them again in Croker in the final to win the fecking thing lol.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Jayop on July 09, 2018, 05:30:19 PM

Hopefully everyone can come together for this one. Even if they aren't a fan of Harte or the style of play, put that to one side for the day, pack Omagh to the rafters and make it an absolute cauldron for the Dubs. It's a new experience for them and if we can rattle them you just never know.
That was never a square ball!!

twenty one yard free

Quote from: Jayop on July 09, 2018, 05:07:30 PM
I'm a little more optimistic than yourself GOTB but that's always been my downfall. I think we can beat Donegal in Ballybofey and the Rossies in Croker. If we beat the Rossies then there's a fortnight to recuperate after the Dublin game to look at Donegal. McBrearty is a huge loss to them just at a time when we're starting to see forwards get back to fitness.

I think we've played some good football this year. Finished 4th in the league while Donegal got relegated. I didn't watch the Galway game but I think we were caught by an early goal that day and had a sending of iirc and still only lost narrowly below. Beat Donegal handy, hammered Mayo and a good win over Kerry. I'm struggling to remember an awful lot about the monaghan game now but I think we were well in control but they had a purple patch either side of half time that won them the game. After that we've been on the road and have had the variety of challenges that should stand to us. The Meath game in particular is one that springs to mind. That was a game we could easily have lost but had the fortitude and fight to come back.

Donegal have been getting serious plaudits this year but what have they played? Derry, Cavan, Down and Fermanagh. I know they came from the prelim but that has to be the handiest Ulster in memory. That said they've hammered them all with an average score of 2-19 in each game. Paddy scored 19 points in those games but in fairness Murphy kicked 17 points and McHugh has a few goals and points.

Where did you see the fortnight to recuperate?

14/15 phase 1
21/22 phase 2
28/29 phase 3

A week of then and Semifinals set for 11/12 August

Jayop

Quote from: twenty one yard free on July 09, 2018, 08:15:03 PM
Where did you see the fortnight to recuperate?

14/15 phase 1
21/22 phase 2
28/29 phase 3

A week of then and Semifinals set for 11/12 August

According to the GAA.ie fixtures page it's like this...

Phase 1 - 14/15 July
Phase 2 - 21/22 July
Week off - 28/29 July
Phase 3 - 4/5 Aug

Semi Final - 11/12 Aug

Final - 2nd September

It's the same on the wall chart and my understanding is that there was always going to be a break between week 2 and 3.

Basically imo it makes sense. 2 weeks on, a break then 2 weeks on again for the teams that make semi final.

Archie53

What happened Barry lads was it an accident or ill health good baller in his playing days.

Under Lights

Was just out cutting the lawn, came in complaining of a headache and went to bed.

His poor Mrs lost a previous husband to a similar tradegy i've heard.

Thoughts are with them.

redhandefender

Boys is that 100%? Very stupid to post something up if not and very insensitive. don't think this is the place for it

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: redhandefender on July 10, 2018, 02:58:33 PM
Boys is that 100%? Very stupid to post something up if not and very insensitive. don't think this is the place for it

Exactly.

omagh_gael

Lads, he is critically unwell and is still in intensive care. Probably want to take down those lasts post. Omagh St Enda's just confirmed this on Facebook.

ziggysego

Barry is my cousin. Please don't post third hand rumours on here.
Testing Accessibility

omaghjoe

Quote from: ziggysego on July 11, 2018, 12:23:13 AM
+1

Best wishes to him

omagh_gael

Quote from: ziggysego on July 11, 2018, 12:23:13 AM

Best wishes to him, Zig. Hopefully he pulls through.