ACFL Division 1A

Started by SCFC, March 12, 2017, 02:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Great result for O'Dempseys in the final tonight..

St Joseph's    0 - 10
O'Dempsey's  1 - 11

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/07/09/finlay-magic-sees-odempseys-acfl-division-1a-glory/

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Pablo Escobar

Quote from: O moore parklife on July 06, 2017, 11:07:08 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on July 06, 2017, 10:59:23 PM
Quote from: O moore parklife on July 06, 2017, 10:48:33 PM
Can't see him getting  a Josephs player dropped a big thing as he played with them all the way underage
Have you ever been involved in a sports team?
Ya I certainly have. I just think seeing as the lads on the team know each other from underage and the fact they wanted him and he wanted to join them a different scenario.
If he was a complete stranger walking into a dressing room id agree with your snipe.
Context don

You obviously don't know Joseph's. It's an extremely unwanted distraction for a club that was going well. The Barrowhouse man missed a crucial penalty last night too.

Don Draper

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on July 10, 2017, 07:07:14 AM
Quote from: O moore parklife on July 06, 2017, 11:07:08 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on July 06, 2017, 10:59:23 PM
Quote from: O moore parklife on July 06, 2017, 10:48:33 PM
Can't see him getting  a Josephs player dropped a big thing as he played with them all the way underage
Have you ever been involved in a sports team?
Ya I certainly have. I just think seeing as the lads on the team know each other from underage and the fact they wanted him and he wanted to join them a different scenario.
If he was a complete stranger walking into a dressing room id agree with your snipe.
Context don

You obviously don't know Joseph's. It's an extremely unwanted distraction for a club that was going well. The Barrowhouse man missed a crucial penalty last night too.
The club have no one to blame but themselves. Imagine letting him take the f**king penalty and he only in the door, Jesus, some slap in the puss to their own players.

Pablo Escobar

Dan Dunne or even the Hickeys would be very good penalty takers. Very very strange they let him take it is right.

steven seagal

Had he been training with Joseph's, or been involved with them in any way before the final?

Pablo Escobar

Oh he'd hardly do that   ::)

SCFC

First half was dreadful stuff.
Picked up a bit in the second. Extra man eventually killed Joe's. Hard to pick out county players!

Laoiseabu

I honestly nearly fell asleep looking at the two matches it was that dreadful stuff.

O moore parklife

Not a great match Josephs set up extremely negative and got 13 behind the ball. Not much you can do against those tactics bar be patient and grind out a result. Disappointed in the sending off spitting at another player is the pit's.

The Saint

Pretty poor stuff alright. Thought both teams were very defensive, very hard look at a team filtering everyone back with almost no-one looking or interested in the opposition bringing out a turned over ball, as in, just get into your position irrespective of where or who has the ball. Us being down to 14 men after ten mins was the real killer, not the missed penalty. We've all seen penalties missed by the very best at the highest of levels, don't see what the shock and horror is about Brian Daly taking and missing this one.... He kicked a sweet free off the ground from out on the sideline at the end of the first half...and no-one horrified he took that?? Overall josephs have really felt the miss of the 5 or 6 summer tourists, not just last night but for the past 3 or 4 games. Disappointing game and result, good crowd present though.

The PRO

As above. Tough viewing. Joe's will be better when their missing travellers return. Odempseys did well and have some lads to come back in too. There was a big lad up front for them carrying an extra bit of timber but he did well.
Think the championship is pretty open this year.

Pablo Escobar

I believe the presence of the new recruit will end up being more of a hindrance for Josephs. It's unwanted pressure.

The Monument Road

Horrible horrible game and it really hi-lights the standard and lack of talent within the county. Why are teams trying to adopt this mass defence system especially when they dont have the playelrs capable of doing it.  Both were missing loads and someone told me Josephs were missing 9 of the team that done ok against Portlaoise in last years championship. Thats a lot to try and replace. Daly was a bit unlucky with the penalty , struck it hard but it cannoned off and nearly broke the crossbar. (I did notice a couple of people near me that i recognised cheer his miss and they were not from O Dempseys. Not nice to see). That young Nerney at full back is a solid defender and worth a try at county level next year. Barry Kelly is also one that should be tried. A bit like his dad Eddie was in his day.

Saint 1963

Couldn't agree more with The Saint about yesterdays game and Brian Daly in particular. There seems to be a couple of people, at least, on this topic would love to believe that Brian's transfer will cause division in the camp. Dream on lads!

The PRO

Quote from: Saint 1963 on July 11, 2017, 01:49:32 AM
Couldn't agree more with The Saint about yesterdays game and Brian Daly in particular. There seems to be a couple of people, at least, on this topic would love to believe that Brian's transfer will cause division in the camp. Dream on lads!
Enjoy your new player. If ye win anything with him it will be tainted no more than any of Stradbally's recent titles.