Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

The big lesson learned after all this is that no one in Armagh like to get out of their beds in the morning.  Not only that, but when Joe had insisted they got up early they denied it to the hilt and called him all the names of the day. 

rionach 4

Quote from: rrhf on January 16, 2015, 03:32:02 PM
The big lesson learned after all this is that no one in Armagh like to get out of their beds in the morning.  Not only that, but when Joe had insisted they got up early they denied it to the hilt and called him all the names of the day.
Hence : you get the name of an early riser you can lie to dinnertime.

Rodman

Maybe Joe is thinking that if he can get all the county teams to train less and concentrate on their careers instead, then Derry might become more competitive and win something - well it is 17 years since they have won anything of note so worth a go I suppose.

Redhand Santa

He seems to have lost the plot totally. It's all about the attention and it's blatantly obvious he just makes things up which takes away from some good points he actually makes. I don't believe that Armagh have been doing group training in the morning or the quotes from cross players.

I do think that the entire gaa season needs looked at. I would probably shorten the county season a bit but not too much. It really is needed to keep the gaa in the headlines and there is no doubt rugby is currently benefiting enough from its love affair with the media.

But during the season a more even spread is needed between club and county. I'd love to see a situation where county players trained county one week played that week with them, trained club the next and played with them and no game in the third week or some kind of break built in. With a season running from march to October and regular games with less training.

A rule would be built in that only 11 or 12 starters in the county games had played for the majority of the club game previously meaning there is no crap with players being banned from club games. I'd love to see some real thought put into the competitions at both club and county level.

rrhf

Keep the gaa in the headlines.  We are working a ridiculous timetable to keep in the headlines. Our logic is mad.

ONeill

Joe's looking for a Sky job and a chance to meet Rachel.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Quote from: rrhf on January 16, 2015, 11:44:24 PM
Keep the gaa in the headlines.  We are working a ridiculous timetable to keep in the headlines. Our logic is mad.

Aye, but we're making headlines in January, talking about keeping in the headlines in July. Crazy like a fox.

orange

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 16, 2015, 11:56:02 PM
Quote from: rrhf on January 16, 2015, 11:44:24 PM

Aye, but we're making headlines in January, talking about keeping in the headlines in July. Crazy like a fox.
Anyone see Brogan on late late last night? He basically said that Dubs train at 6am and it's basically a fulltime job!! Dont see Joe making an example of Jim Gavin and Dubs as he believes they play good football so that justifies it! And its the Dubs that are padding out his wallet!
Also in Joes time Colemans training sessions are legenDERRY, know lads from that era and they would say they were cruel and they were training 3/4 times during week and game on Sunday! Joe just likes sound of his own voice!!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Rodman on January 16, 2015, 10:43:37 PM

Maybe Joe is thinking that if he can get all the county teams to train less and concentrate on their careers instead, then Derry might become more competitive and win something - well it is 17 years since they have won anything of note so worth a go I suppose.

That's right the GAA began in 2003! We're cleaning up at club and school level so we're doing not so bad. Club first. Maybe you Tyrone men don't understand the true GAA ethos.

manfromdelmonte

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/playing-football-is-an-addiction-longfords-barden-30914606.html

Still, the demanding lifestyle is something he considers well worth pursuing, even if it hasn't taken him onto many title podiums.

"I play the game because I enjoy it. Isn't that what it's all about?"

Paul Barden

BennyHarp

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 17, 2015, 09:27:20 AM

That's right the GAA began in 2003! We're cleaning up at club and school level so we're doing not so bad. Club first. Maybe you Tyrone men don't understand the true GAA ethos.

That's an original comment to make - well done Walt! Maybe it's concentrating on football when you should be concentrating on the school work is the problem with the careers of the Derry wans when they grow up!
That was never a square ball!!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 17, 2015, 11:05:19 AM

That's an original comment to make - well done Walt! Maybe it's concentrating on football when you should be concentrating on the school work is the problem with the careers of the Derry wans when they grow up!

Ahh Brendan good to hear from you. Perhaps if you worked harder at school you wouldn't have had to head over the water to earn a crust.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 17, 2015, 11:51:25 AM

Ahh Brendan good to hear from you. Perhaps if you worked harder at school you wouldn't have had to head over the water to earn a crust.

;D Yep, Us thickos moved over the water to leave you intelligent lads to look after the country! Yis are doing a great job!
That was never a square ball!!

Eamonnca1

Joe's latest article, on the competitive arms race in the GAA, has some hits and misses.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 17, 2015, 12:29:39 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 17, 2015, 11:51:25 AM

;D Yep, Us thickos moved over the water to leave you intelligent lads to look after the country! Yis are doing a great job!
some of us are doing ok !
had to hire a gang of lads there recently - was between some tyronies and phillipinos.
chose the phillipinos - they might have cost a wee bit more but at least you could understand what they were saying and they were more presentable too!