Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: restorepride on February 02, 2021, 07:44:22 PM
Quote from: FermGael on February 02, 2021, 07:38:18 PM
Quote from: delgany on February 02, 2021, 05:31:46 PM
Quote from: FermGael on February 02, 2021, 04:41:13 PM
£35.4 million allocated by Conor Murphy towards a pay settlement for teachers .
And them at home doing nothing........

Two Year pay deal as agreed in previous industrial action brought to a conclusion ,equates to £20 a week on average .

So there will be back pay for last year and the last lockdown when the schools were shut and the teachers did noting ......
Yes, we make a lot of notes.  Professional teachers do plan for students who need support - lots of notes.  The board can see clearly why this is  needed.  Please make a note.   Now, away and wise up!

Teachers winding up teachers is exactly what this thread needs.

restorepride

Quote from: FermGael on February 02, 2021, 08:11:58 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 02, 2021, 07:51:16 PM
Is he not a teacher? Hard to know who is serious and who isn't in this thread any more lol.

A teacher I may be but I will never claim to be a professional
Would a teacher not have used a full stop?! I wonder what EPD means?

JimStynes

When are we getting this back pay then?

delgany

Quote from: JimStynes on February 02, 2021, 08:54:03 PM
Just announced today by Minister Murphy ...so probably next year.

JimStynes

Quote from: delgany on February 02, 2021, 08:59:42 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 02, 2021, 08:54:03 PM
Just announced today by Minister Murphy ...so probably next year.
Is this for last year? We got our back pay last year?

FermGael

Quote from: restorepride on February 02, 2021, 08:45:25 PM
Quote from: FermGael on February 02, 2021, 08:11:58 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 02, 2021, 07:51:16 PM
Is he not a teacher? Hard to know who is serious and who isn't in this thread any more lol.

A teacher I may be but I will never claim to be a professional
Would a teacher not have used a full stop?! I wonder what EPD means?
Unprofessional

EPD ? Is the some sort of new popular music group like ELO?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

ONeill

Not far off half term now.

Looking forward to keeping the pyjama top on longer in the mornings.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JimStynes

Quote from: ONeill on February 02, 2021, 09:57:18 PM
Not far off half term now.

Looking forward to keeping the pyjama top on longer in the mornings.

Only a few days left!!

restorepride

Some of our students are now really lacking motivation in their learning so I think that the break for them is coming at a good time. 

A very difficult time for many students and their families so hopefully not long before we are all back in the proper learning environment. 

Real, genuine teachers actually miss their students and vice versa.   

TwoUpTwoDown

I'd say the buy in post mid term will be absolutely atrocious. Forcing the reopening in early March. There will be uproar here if they extend the closure.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Not sure young ones care atm, fizz completely gone, 2 school years a lot to lose, seems an eternity to young ones. I work with a lad whose wife to be teaches- she apparently said to him that the only ones at school are "those wains whose parents couldn't be bothered to watch them" damage and mistrust has been created in some parts. 

marty34

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 09, 2021, 12:27:39 AM
Not sure young ones care atm, fizz completely gone, 2 school years a lot to lose, seems an eternity to young ones. I work with a lad whose wife to be teaches- she apparently said to him that the only ones at school are "those wains whose parents couldn't be bothered to watch them" damage and mistrust has been created in some parts.

I said that before - there were pupils in school whose parents were not frontline workers.

Just sent them in as they didn't want to be a babysitter.

Kids seem to sense when holidays are coming up and slacken off the work appropiately.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on February 09, 2021, 08:32:23 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 09, 2021, 12:27:39 AM

I said that before - there were pupils in school whose parents were not frontline workers.

Just sent them in as they didn't want to be a babysitter.

Kids seem to sense when holidays are coming up and slacken off the work appropiately.

wile slap in face though to the majority of parents who are though

Itchy

And today the ASTI walks out of talks to agree what the leaving cert will look like this year due to safety, and concerns and safety and blah blah blah. When will secondary teachers in the south get of their lazy holes and tell this union to talk and get an agreement done?

Kidder81

Quote from: Itchy on February 11, 2021, 10:41:59 PM
And today the ASTI walks out of talks to agree what the leaving cert will look like this year due to safety, and concerns and safety and blah blah blah. When will secondary teachers in the south get of their lazy holes and tell this union to talk and get an agreement done?

Too busy on social media telling everyone how exhausted they are. Most of them wouldn't know a days work