The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

It's needless extra fixtures if trying to focus on bigger competitions. They don't even have a League Cup in Germany so Klopp was hardly to annoyed.

laoislad

Quote from: lurganblue on December 18, 2019, 09:42:56 AM
I believe Dean Smith and JT had some great words for the young Liverpool players and went in to speak with them after.  Elliott looks a real talent.

As a Villa fan I was quite worried beforehand.  If there is a chance for embarrassment then usually Villa grab that with both hands.
I thought Elliott looked the best player on the pitch last night, and I include both teams in that.
The Villa keeper was excellent also, made some great point blank saves. Liverpool really could have scored a couple last night. The 5-0 was very harsh on them.
Fair play to the Villa crowd clapping them off at the end though, and some of the Villa players help one or two of the Liverpool players who went down with cramp.
Great experience for the younglads, I'm sure there are a good few of them who might never get to play at that level for Liverpool again.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Denn Forever

Nice of the Villa manager and John Terry to go into the Liverpool dressing room after the match to commiserate .  Very GAA of them.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

TabClear

Quote from: laoislad on December 18, 2019, 10:20:18 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on December 18, 2019, 09:42:56 AM
I believe Dean Smith and JT had some great words for the young Liverpool players and went in to speak with them after.  Elliott looks a real talent.

As a Villa fan I was quite worried beforehand.  If there is a chance for embarrassment then usually Villa grab that with both hands.
I thought Elliott looked the best player on the pitch last night, and I include both teams in that.
The Villa keeper was excellent also, made some great point blank saves. Liverpool really could have scored a couple last night. The 5-0 was very harsh on them.
Fair play to the Villa crowd clapping them off at the end though, and some of the Villa players help one or two of the Liverpool players who went down with cramp.
Great experience for the younglads, I'm sure there are a good few of them who might never get to play at that level for Liverpool again.

Party lifestyle catching up with them  ;)

PMG1

YNWA89

Quote from: PMG1 on December 18, 2019, 03:57:09 PM
Is the match on tv anywhere?

Yeah it's on BBC 2 and RTE 2 as far as I know

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

gawa316

Hendo and Gomez CB partnership?

Alisson; Milner, Gomez, Henderson, Robertson; Lallana, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Shaqiri, Salah, Origi.

Dire Ear

TabClear

Quote from: gawa316 on December 18, 2019, 04:43:14 PM
Hendo and Gomez CB partnership?

Alisson; Milner, Gomez, Henderson, Robertson; Lallana, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Shaqiri, Salah, Origi.

Need to have some sort of a Plan B given we are down to the bare bones at Centre Half. Be interesting to  see how the midfield/forwards operate as its a pretty attack minded line up! Expect goals at both ends

Dire Ear

Dire Ear

markl121

Good to see the old RTE casual racism from the commentators is alive and well.

Dire Ear

Origi and Shaq are def better as subs