Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: sid waddell on January 09, 2019, 01:35:37 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 09, 2019, 01:31:58 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 09, 2019, 01:05:24 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 09, 2019, 01:10:49 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 09, 2019, 01:02:13 AM
When I facetiously posted that you probably didn't think gravity existed, I didn't expect you to straight up vindicate my deliberate stereotype of you, but thanks for doing so anyway.

Expect lies, lies and more lies in Trump's little "address" tonight.

That's what fascists do - distort and outright deny reality, and promote a fictional view of the world based on outright hatred.

It must be wonderful to exist in a little bubble where reality can be entirely dispensed with.

"That's what fascists do - distort and outright deny reality, and promote a fictional view of the world based on outright hatred" (of Trump)

Your slander of the Border Patrol Agents comes right from the playbook you claim to despise
You mean the people that have no problem with dehydrating youngsters to death and sticking them in cages?

Just a little legal tip for you: slander can only occur where people have a good name to lose.

It doesn't apply to the US Gestapo.

Oh, and there's no such an offence as slander in this country.

That's a bit much Sid.

I've worked with a few CBP agents - they were to a man/woman decent people who took their job seriously and often suffered injuries, just like any law enforcement officers, when dealing with problematic travellers.

Obviously, as with any body of people, there will be bad apples and I'm sure arseholes filling some of the political appointments, while the lack of support from the administration in terms of facilities and resources to deal with all of these family groups is doing them no favours whatsoever down on the Mexican border, but that doesn't render them as the modern-day equivalent of the Nazi secret police.
I'm sure there were "decent people" in the Gestapo as well, or something.

The banality of evil.

So next thing we will have the CBP Einsatzgruppen division enlisting locals to help them round up and execute all these asylum seekers?

I'm not saying there aren't problems. There clearly are, and this president would rather exacerbate them so he can use these people as political footballs, but the people on the ground don't make the decisions about funding and resources and how many asylum seekers to process. I guess the average discouraged officer could resign in protest, but how many people is that REALLY a realistic option for. And if you DID have mass resignations in protest, what then?

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on January 09, 2019, 01:50:16 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 09, 2019, 01:27:17 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 09, 2019, 01:05:24 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 09, 2019, 01:10:49 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 09, 2019, 01:02:13 AM
When I facetiously posted that you probably didn't think gravity existed, I didn't expect you to straight up vindicate my deliberate stereotype of you, but thanks for doing so anyway.

Expect lies, lies and more lies in Trump's little "address" tonight.

That's what fascists do - distort and outright deny reality, and promote a fictional view of the world based on outright hatred.

It must be wonderful to exist in a little bubble where reality can be entirely dispensed with.

"That's what fascists do - distort and outright deny reality, and promote a fictional view of the world based on outright hatred" (of Trump)

Your slander of the Border Patrol Agents comes right from the playbook you claim to despise
You mean the people that have no problem with dehydrating youngsters to death and sticking them in cages?

Just a little legal tip for you: slander can only occur where people have a good name to lose.

It doesn't apply to the US Gestapo.

Oh, and there's no such an offence as slander in this country.

Haha-Good man Sid-keep it up

By the way, are you for open borders?

If you're not, how do you propose we secure our border from the hundreds of thousand who cross illegally every year?

Advanced Rossie sensors in Headford and Tubbercurry

It's great with the new Motorway to Dublin that we barely have time to dirty our shoes passing through Roscommon

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 09, 2019, 01:53:19 PM
You do realize it was Democrats in the South  who were against desegragation ?

And that it was Winston Churchill who stood up to your buddies the Nazis?

Those Democrats were conservatives.

It's no coincidence that as the Democratic Party embraced desegregation and civil rights and support for the poor, the south went to the GOP, just like LBJ predicted.

sid waddell

It's entirely unsurprising you didn't know that Democrats and Republicans swapped positions in the 100 years after the US civil war, a process which was effectively completed by the Civil Rights Act, when southern Democrats joined the Republicans en masse precisely because it was the Democrats who brought in the Civil Rights Act, and Barry Goldwater opposed it so bitterly.

But of course, you would walk into making the most obvious misreading of the article - the author didn't say that Democrats were always the "liberal" party in the US and the Republicans were always the "conservative party", as you misread it.

That happens when you're historically ignorant.

I'm also unsurprised you didn't know the Republicans tried to appease Hitler, like the Tories had done before Churchill - who only operated with the full backing and participation in national government of Attlee's Labour party.

So, in your little attempt to defend "Conservatism's" continual fundamental misreading of history, you have just proved the author correct, and displayed your own historical ignorance.

Keep it up, as you like to say to yourself, because I'm sure you still have a vast reservoir of historical ignorance to tap yet.

Dolph1

Quote from: sid waddell on January 09, 2019, 01:46:44 PM
Cracking article. "Conservatism" has always found itself on the wrong side of history. And it sure isn't going to break the habit of a lifetime now.

https://www.gq.com/story/on-conservatism?verso=true

Seriously, what sort of man reads GQ, especially for their viewpoints ?  :o
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

sid waddell

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 09, 2019, 02:11:45 PM
Cracking article. "Conservatism" has always found itself on the wrong side of history. And it sure isn't going to break the habit of a lifetime now.

That article clearly touched a raw nerve with you, didn't it?

I'm surprised it did - since your reflex reaction on this forum has always been to defend any old sort of abhorrent racist, misogynist bigotry.

You appear to be trapped between two different forms of cowardice - the cowardice of your actual views, and the cowardice to not admit to holding them.

I'm surprised somebody like yourself whose views appear to be gleaned entirely from the National Enquirer would be so snooty and sneering about sources, by the way.

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on January 09, 2019, 02:09:01 PM

It's entirely unsurprising you didn't know that Democrats and Republicans swapped positions in the 100 years after the US civil war, a process which was effectively completed by the Civil Rights Act, when southern Democrats joined the Republicans en masse precisely because it was the Democrats who brought in the Civil Rights Act, and Barry Goldwater opposed it so bitterly.

But of course, you would walk into making the most obvious misreading of the article - the author didn't say that Democrats were always the "liberal" party in the US and the Republicans were always the "conservative party", as you misread it.

I'm also unsurprised you didn't know the Republicans tried to appease Hitler, like the Tories had done before Churchill - who only operated with the full backing and participation in national government of Attlee's Labour party.

So, in your little attempt to defend "Conservatism's" continual fundamental misreading of history, you have just proved the author correct, and displayed your own historical ignorance.

Keep it up, as you like to say to yourself, because I'm sure you still have a vast reservoir of historical ignorance to tap yet.

Ever hear of Joe kennedy?

(And for its worth I have a 2:1 honors degree in history)

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on January 09, 2019, 02:30:09 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 09, 2019, 02:09:01 PM

Ever hear of Joe kennedy?

(And for its worth I have a 2:1 honors degree in history)

Collect 12 packets of crisps and send off to get a degree in the post, was it?  ;D

Dolph1

Quote from: sid waddell on January 09, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on January 09, 2019, 02:11:45 PM

That article clearly touched a raw nerve with you, didn't it?

I'm surprised it did - since your reflex reaction on this forum has always been to defend any old sort of abhorrent racist, misogynist bigotry.

You appear to be trapped between two different forms of cowardice - the cowardice of your actual views, and the cowardice to not admit to holding them.

Didn't read it. I wouldn't wipe my virtual arse with that e-rag.

You really need to take a break Sid. You're losing it a bit. The honesty of democrats has been exposed as a sham. Want a wall, then don't want a wall when it's President Trump actioning it. Want criminal reform, then don't want criminal reform when it's President Trump actioning it and on and on.

Democrats want to import and legitimize illegals for votes. Even give the the vote when they are illegal. They don't care and they will shit in their own house to achieve power.

sid waddell

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 09, 2019, 03:02:35 PM

If you didn't read it, why are you so annoyed by it?

Do things you don't read generally annoy you to such an extent?

Perhaps you might consider taking some anger management classes?

Do you own a gun, out of interest? I really hope you don't, for the sake of anybody who might come into contact with you if you ever decided to leave the house.

Seeing you writing the words "virtual arse" made me laugh, because there's nothing virtual about what you make out of yourself every time you post.

Perhaps if you actually did wipe your own arse, you'd be less full of shit.  ;D

Dolph1

Quote from: sid waddell on January 09, 2019, 03:13:09 PM

Do you own a gun, out of interest? I really hope you don't, for the sake of anybody who might come into contact with you if you ever decided to leave the house.

Seeing you writing the words "virtual arse" made me laugh, because there's nothing virtual about what you make out of yourself every time you post.

As I said, I wouldn't read GQ. Unlike yourself I don't have hang-ups and personal issues that lead you to pretend about your lifestyle. ;)

Judging by the last few pages Sid you might want to check if there are coupons for anger management classes in your edition of Elle GQ. That's one serious triggering that needs attention.

whitey

I hope this doesnt trigger you

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LkgXPtDR-xQ

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 09, 2019, 03:32:15 PM

I hope this doesnt trigger you

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LkgXPtDR-xQ

You'll have to explain why it would?

If the Dems were now "open border" enthusiasts as Trump continuously claims, you might have a case. Just because they, and by your statement only yesterday, yourself, think a wall all the way along the border is ludicrous, doesn't mean they suddenly want people streaming across unchecked.

sid waddell

"Unfortunate misstatement".

As opposed to Nazi-esque propaganda intended to stir up mass racism.

Quotehttps://twitter.com/AliVelshi/status/1082675264268746756

Kellyanne Conway on Fox News last night said the administration's claim that 3,755 known or unknown terrorists were blocked at the border "was an unfortunate misstatement". Imagine that.

sid waddell

Have Republicans yet worked out what a marginal tax rate is, by the way?

Talk about leaving yourself open to ridicule.