China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 22, 2020, 04:46:56 PM
Anyone that thinks Ireland are doing as bad as the US are looking at Worldometer and jumping to conclusions.

With a bit more research here is one website that shows countries that has done well (Ireland included) and those doing bad (UK USA)

https://www.endcoronavirus.org/countries#winning

A lot of the Ireland are doing bad comments are more about a dislike of Varadkar than anything else, just disengenious , Twitter awash with it. Not a FG fan by a long shot but govt has done well in ROI, after a very shaky start Stormont done ok too

seafoid

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 22, 2020, 01:31:58 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 22, 2020, 12:31:30 PM
The US have made a balls of dealing with COVOD-19 but so have Ireland and the UK.  Nearly sure the UK are worse-off statistically and Ireland are essentially the same as the US.

A significant difference is the virus is still running rampant in almost half the states in the US while community transmission has almost been extinguished in Ireland. At least for now.

Coronavirus is still expanding. Europe will be in a type of purgatory with limited economic activity until there is a vaccine.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GetOverTheBar

Conor McKenna posts a negative test, then an "irregular test" (postive in small amount), then a negative test in one week.

First reaction would be, these tests must be the type that you can buy off the shelf.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 23, 2020, 09:37:02 AM
Conor McKenna posts a negative test, then an "irregular test" (postive in small amount), then a negative test in one week.

First reaction would be, these tests must be the type that you can buy off the shelf.

At £80 a pop and £125 in other places you'd be looking better confirmation than that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RadioGAAGAA

Given how severe the sample gathering is - there is no way a home kit will be used correctly.

Ah, now see that it "should" be professionally performed test. WTF.
i usse an speelchekor

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 23, 2020, 01:17:32 PM

Given how severe the sample gathering is - there is no way a home kit will be used correctly.

Ah, now see that it "should" be professionally performed test. WTF.

Seems to be amateur hour stuff.

Essendon confirmed he tested positive on Friday and Saturday past, but negative today. The question is, how do you get two positive tests in a row then miraculously test negative 3 days later. Poses more questions than answers. Obviously he's an elite athlete but that surely doesn't extend to defeating Covid 19 over the weekend.

armaghniac

Quote from: johnnycool on June 23, 2020, 03:03:39 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on June 23, 2020, 02:07:29 PM
Irelands health workers has the highest rate of covid in the world to date

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/ireland-s-health-workers-have-world-s-highest-rate-of-covid-19-committee-hears-1.4286233?fbclid=IwAR37NYdKbCfgxcrXRfxr6VSA_ZvB-zuB8vopqEBHllKZu5t_6E10VnEzJqo

Lack of the right PPE?

That's it, PPE and procedures for using it. Shocking, really.

edit:another outbreak in a meat plant in Germany
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53149762

Really, they will have to start using the big stick on these businesses that let the dose run rampant through their premises.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Smurfy123

The south of Ireland's death numbers seem to be a steady 5-10 a day this past few weeks. That's really not a good sign considering the amount of cases this 3 weeks. At this stage they should be saying more 1 and 2s. 7% of infected people have sadly passed away. Poor performance from the south. And before anyone says it yes I have changed my mind on them.i did say I thought they done well?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: armaghniac on June 23, 2020, 05:32:52 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 23, 2020, 03:03:39 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on June 23, 2020, 02:07:29 PM
Irelands health workers has the highest rate of covid in the world to date

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/ireland-s-health-workers-have-world-s-highest-rate-of-covid-19-committee-hears-1.4286233?fbclid=IwAR37NYdKbCfgxcrXRfxr6VSA_ZvB-zuB8vopqEBHllKZu5t_6E10VnEzJqo

Lack of the right PPE?

That's it, PPE and procedures for using it. Shocking, really.

edit:another outbreak in a meat plant in Germany
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53149762

Really, they will have to start using the big stick on these businesses that let the dose run rampant through their premises.

Higher testing in South. My wife worked while way through the crisis in covid 19 Ward in north. Never ever got a test

macdanger2

Interesting article here summarising three case studies of transmission, there are some good visualisations in the article so I won't bother posting the text

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_news/2020-06-17/an-analysis-of-three-covid-19-outbreaks-how-they-happened-and-how-they-can-be-avoided.html?ssm=TW_CC

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 23, 2020, 05:59:24 PM
The south of Ireland's death numbers seem to be a steady 5-10 a day this past few weeks. That's really not a good sign considering the amount of cases this 3 weeks. At this stage they should be saying more 1 and 2s. 7% of infected people have sadly passed away. Poor performance from the south. And before anyone says it yes I have changed my mind on them.i did say I thought they done well?
Hasn't been a double digit daily death number for 4 weeks. The 7 day average on deaths right now is 2 per day and a good number of recent deaths are probably from those that got the virus when weekly cases was much higher than they currently are.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 23, 2020, 08:42:44 PM
Hasn't been a double digit daily death number for 4 weeks. The 7 day average on deaths right now is 2 per day and a good number of recent deaths are probably from those that got the virus when weekly cases was much higher than they currently are.
That's him told

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 23, 2020, 07:48:27 PM
Interesting article here summarising three case studies of transmission, there are some good visualisations in the article so I won't bother posting the text

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_news/2020-06-17/an-analysis-of-three-covid-19-outbreaks-how-they-happened-and-how-they-can-be-avoided.html?ssm=TW_CC

Good find.

Had read the papers about the restaurant & Seoul office before, but that link does a really good job in explaining it very clearly to anyone and everyone.

Recommended reading.
i usse an speelchekor

armaghniac

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on June 23, 2020, 08:46:23 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 23, 2020, 08:42:44 PM
That's him told

If only it was that easy, but you can't keep an eejit down.

Today there are +2,320 in Los Angeles, and 600 each in Riverside and San Bernardino. That's a very rapid rate of infection, warm weather obviously isn't a cure in itself.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B