Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winker3716

Quote from: the colonel on September 03, 2012, 04:03:49 PM
Quote from: winker3716 on September 03, 2012, 03:26:16 PM
Quote from: Megaman on September 03, 2012, 02:31:58 PM
just to point out lads, this rough treatment handed out to St Galls did not happen, maybe a few players digging at each other at stages, thats it. (it is championship after all)

There where only 3 or 4 dirty strokes in the game and they didnt come from Dall players.

The McGourtys obviously didnt stop gurning at the final whistle, they continued into the club as well.
Nothing new there man! The Ciaran lad is the only hurler among them.  Seems like a trait they picked up from their father, another major gurner and still is by all accounts?

Winker if you knew anything about hurling you would know that CJ can more than hold his own
I know a fair amount about hurling man! Although I would never profess to be an expert,
not like you and many others.  CJ in my view maybe be talented, but it takes much more than talent to be able to hold your own!  Personally, I believe him to be a liability on any team,as he forgets about the fundamentals of teamwork and commitment. Talent in my view is only one key component of being a good hurler or making a vital contribution to "the team".  Of this I am certain. e.g.  Does Watson, Donnelly, McManus, Shields not hold their own at their respective hurling clubs?  Is only their talent, contribution and ability to hold their own, the only key factor towards a teams success?  CJ in effect, could potentially cost you a game in my opinion.  But remember, I am no expert! ;) ;D
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

the colonel

Quote from: winker3716 on September 03, 2012, 04:18:15 PM
just to point out lads, this rough treatment handed out to St Galls did not happen, maybe a few players digging at each other at stages, thats it. (it is championship after all)

There where only 3 or 4 dirty strokes in the game and they didnt come from Dall players.

The McGourtys obviously didnt stop gurning at the final whistle, they continued into the club as well.
Nothing new there man! The Ciaran lad is the only hurler among them.  Seems like a trait they picked up from their father, another major gurner and still is by all accounts?

Winker if you knew anything about hurling you would know that CJ can more than hold his own
I know a fair amount about hurling man, although I would never profess to be an expert,
not like you and many other.  CJ in my view maybe be talented, but it take much more than talent to be able to hold your own!  Personally, I believe him to be a liability on any team,as he forgets about the fundamentals of teamwork and commitment. Talent in my view is only one key component of being a good hurler or making a vital contribution to "the team".  Of this I am certain. e.g.  Does Watson, Donnelly, McManus, Shields not hold their own at their respective hurling clubs?  Is only their talent, contribution and ability to hold their own the only key factor towards a teams success?  CJ in effect, could potentially cost you a game in my opinion.  But remember, I am no expert! ;) ;D

In defence of CJ and not attacking other you have named, some of their disciplinary records could be questioned so I think that is a silly point. CJ scored about 1-2 yesterday (maybe more from frees) and was really good at centre back last year against Dunloy and ourselves which for me is a worthwhile contribution. I will of course remember you are no expert  ;)
the difference between success and failure is energy

theskull1

Important that we applaud the efforts of everyone who played championship this weekend. Its a mans game and from the game I seen it was full blooded and fully committed throughout. Only one team can come out on top but that doesnt mean the rest haven't been busting their balls any less
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

winker3716

Quote from: the colonel on September 03, 2012, 04:37:33 PM
Quote from: winker3716 on September 03, 2012, 04:18:15 PM

I know a fair amount about hurling man, although I would never profess to be an expert,
not like you and many other.  CJ in my view maybe be talented, but it take much more than talent to be able to hold your own!  Personally, I believe him to be a liability on any team,as he forgets about the fundamentals of teamwork and commitment. Talent in my view is only one key component of being a good hurler or making a vital contribution to "the team".  Of this I am certain. e.g.  Does Watson, Donnelly, McManus, Shields not hold their own at their respective hurling clubs?  Is only their talent, contribution and ability to hold their own the only key factor towards a teams success?  CJ in effect, could potentially cost you a game in my opinion.  But remember, I am no expert! ;) ;D

In defence of CJ and not attacking other you have named, some of their disciplinary records could be questioned so I think that is a silly point. CJ scored about 1-2 yesterday (maybe more from frees) and was really good at centre back last year against Dunloy and ourselves which for me is a worthwhile contribution. I will of course remember you are no expert  ;)
You are entitled to think that it silly, but others did not think so.  Likewise, I will remember that you are an alleged expert.  So you put yourself in the Brian Cody (Expert) category would you?    I have news for you man, you or I are no Brian Cody -  Catch yourself on! :o :D ;)
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

CastleCamog

"fundamentals of teamwork and commitment"........don't make me laugh!! Where did teamwork and commitment come into it when you were rolling around Bcastle plastered this past week or so!  No discipline in your camp.

winker3716

Quote from: CastleCamog on September 03, 2012, 07:25:09 PM
"fundamentals of teamwork and commitment"........don't make me laugh!! Where did teamwork and commitment come into it when you were rolling around Bcastle plastered this past week or so!  No discipline in your camp.
Rolling around BCastle, who me? Most definately not.  I was at a wedding and I don't roll around anywhere I'll have you know.  I suppose you were playing for Ballycastle, it has been said they had a few big hairy women playing for them against Dunloy?  Not my words by the way!  :D ;)

Seamroga in exile

I hear the shamrocks/Johnnies semi should be played in north Antrim as we were drawn out of the hat first. Now where would that be?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Johnnies will be looking that game in Belfast since the other semi obviously in north Antrim.
I would have thought your lads be happy for another day in casement before the final SIE?

Saffrongael

St Galls don't have the players to win a senior championship, regardless of how many times they train. Stewart is excellent, few other decent ones but 7 or 8 of them wouldn't be up to it. Sure the Antrim football c'ship has been a total cakewalk and I have heard it said that St Galls footballers don't knuckle down to hard training until they win Antrim, why don't they give the hurling a real good try then and we wouldn't have to keep listening to "if only we trained" ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

saffron89

no no saffrongael if the galls men trained and were serious they would win the all ireland

SIE Ballymena is where that game should be played, super pitch

though agree with btdtgtt that you lads wouldn't mind a wee run out in casement and it would save a higher expenses form from little JIMBO

Seamroga in exile

I'm led to believe it'll be definitely north Antrim. Nothing set in concrete yet of course. Ballymena would be a great shout by the way.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Quote from: saffron89 on September 03, 2012, 09:17:01 PM
no no saffrongael if the galls men trained and were serious they would win the all ireland

though agree with btdtgtt that you lads wouldn't mind a wee run out in casement and it would save a higher expenses form from little JIMBO
**k will you stop!!  That's more or less saying the dall or dunloy hasn't taken it serious, just cause they haven't won an AI.  St Galls have know one to blame but themselves.  No harm intended MR2.    If they wanted to put in abit of effort to the hurling end of things they could well get something out of it.  End of.  Ifs and buts are no good come this time of year
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 03, 2012, 10:03:02 PM
Quote from: saffron89 on September 03, 2012, 09:17:01 PM

**k will you stop!!  That's more or less saying the dall or dunloy hasn't taken it serious, just cause they haven't won an AI.  St Galls have know one to blame but themselves.  No harm intended MR2.    If they wanted to do put in abit of effort to the hurling end of things they could well get something out of it.  End of.  Ifs and buts are no good come this time of year

Fair dues, I've said it all along, the blame the lies with the players, end off, If they want it they will have to work hard for it and commit to it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 03, 2012, 09:44:35 PM
I'm led to believe it'll be definitely north Antrim. Nothing set in concrete yet of course. Ballymena would be a great shout by the way.
Am not so sure about wanting a run out in casement,  st johns have always been harder beat in the city,  I'd take it in dunloy/ ballycastle.  County board would hardly give us a double header in ballycastle.  Packed house.  Be to much to ask
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

btdtgtt

Double header in ballycastle would be a great day.
But clearly much 2 good an idea for the county or joe Edwards to engage!