Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 02, 2012, 10:04:14 PM
Again... Very good SIE. Folks we thought Dunloy were dying a few years ago and they won the championship!!
I said this about 4 or 5 months ago jj, which is why I'll never right off dunloy.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Yes jj I have to say I thought use would have pumped them in that final, but they are not even close to that team, and IMO that was a poor dunloy team, they have went back year after year.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Cushendall the better team this year no doubt, though very sluggish in parts and not as up for it as I would have thought. Took scores easy enough and while we had good periods in the match we should have scored more and let in less.

I predicted 10 point loss, but we battled hard enough and Cushedall didn't have it all their own way!!

Were the Dal players told to 'have a go' and the Galls lads every so often? Was like a signal from management to 'kick it off' Prep for Loughgiel?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jesusjones

Poor commemts MR2, sure your the ones got a man sent off for an real shocking tackle on our goalie

Milltown Row2

Which part was poor jj? Tackle on goal keeper was dreadfull. Though in fairness hes not a dirty player.

The players mentioned the jabbing in the ribs. And they said it (the call) came from the line. I was just putting it out there.

Be fair to say Dunloy would be happy to meet Cushendall rather than Loughgiel at this stage. Both teams will have had a decent game before final. Better prep.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jesusjones

Jabbing in the ribs? Tighten up a bit MR2, have you ever been at a senior championship match where this hasn't happened? I heard poor wee CJ yelping in the first half about getting pushed under a high ball. Maybe this is the problem with Galls hurlers, primadonna's.

BlackandAmber

Congrats to Dunloy and hard luck to our boys. Neil McAuley was man of the match. Both defences on top really and that made it low scoring and squeeky bum time all the way. Guessing P Dallat must be injured and wonder how him or other injured boys like Clark or Jennings would have made a difference or M dallat. As well as them S McGarry and young Laverty still injured too so fingers crossed mebbe next year a lot of them will be back. Would'nt complain too much about our forwards tho cos McAfee and McLister and Pinky gave the Dunloy defence plenty to do Odd seein Neil in midfeild and Hippy in centre half too. Season over  now but whole squad worked hard and had some bad luck. Be hard for them to take today but they're better than they were last year.
Game was played in good way by both teams. Don't think there was any dirty slaps. Ref blew a lot for too many steps but was pretty much ok.
Can't see St Johns beatin Loughgeil. Dunloy will give Cushendall plenty to do but think the Dall will lose to the Shams in the final.

Any word on the Dunloy boy that got stretchered off?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 03, 2012, 08:51:54 AM
Jabbing in the ribs? Tighten up a bit MR2, have you ever been at a senior championship match where this hasn't happened? I heard poor wee CJ yelping in the first half about getting pushed under a high ball. Maybe this is the problem with Galls hurlers, primadonna's.

I'm not complaining was just saying like :P

Would be worried that CJ was out catching your fullbacks JJ.

Megaman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 03, 2012, 09:29:03 AM

Cerainly something that should be addressed among a whole load of other things IMO, We where poor, very poor, but thankfully St Galls where equally as poor, was expecting more from them.

After watching 3 out of 4 games it most certainly IMHO is Loughgiels to lose this year (although conceding 4-10 will be worrying for them)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Megaman on September 03, 2012, 09:38:15 AM

Cerainly something that should be addressed among a whole load of other things IMO, We where poor, very poor, but thankfully St Galls where equally as poor, was expecting more from them.

After watching 3 out of 4 games it most certainly IMHO is Loughgiels to lose this year (although conceding 4-10 will be worrying for them)

Anyways, it's better to be able to address something than not being in a position to do anything till next year :-[

Shane scored a cracking goal and and Karl in the first half took some good scores for Cushendall. Again Stewarty for us hurled the whole 60 minutes. Kieran McGourty was excellent and did well on NMcM, not sure how much Neil scored from play but we got out of the game what we put into training and preparation leading up to it. Fail to prepare.........

winker3716

Surely a team who can concede 4-10 and still win by 12 points, is not a bad team.  Why worry??  ;)
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

Megaman

Quote from: winker3716 on September 03, 2012, 09:58:55 AM

Surely a team who can concede 4-10 and still win by 12 points against 14 men, is not a bad team.  Why worry??  ;)

Which is why i said it was yours to lose this year. (i corrected your post btw  ;)  )

the colonel

Yesterday after a slow enough first few minutes due to stoppages we got going but over complicated things. If we had kept it simple we would have been out of sight in first half. Instead of popping the ball over the bar we took too many touches and let St Galls get a few openings from the turnovers (penalty and a point).

As regards to any physical stuff I would say we weren't bad, just letting St Galls know they were in a game. All the wild strokes in the game came from St Galls as far as I could see- Karl Stewart on Karl McKeegan at the start, CJ On Sean Delargy which was very early, and also the one on the keeper from Anto Healy. I am glad we have came out unscathed and were able to use a few off the bench. I am not sure what happened Kevin McGourty as I never seen it. Himself and CJ gave all the officials serious abuse and were reported several times to the referee without any real action.

Went to the game in Loughgiel. Ballycastle looked sharp at the start and the two corner forwards looked as if they were going to cause serious damage. McLister started very well. He was starved of ball in the second half and all the ball went to Saul McCaughan who struggled as the game went on as Paudie Shivers got to grips with him. Strange from Ballycastle. The two Cunnings coming on helped Dunloy in the half forward line. Hopefully Conor is ok as he looked to be in discomfort as he was stretchered off. Big Paddy still has the touch of class even if the legs can't take him any more. Ballycastle missed some opportunities from frees as Cossie was off form. Serious one sided. Milltown if you want to see jabs in the ribs etc then you should have seen Cossie and Kevin McKeague who completely bullied Cossie. James McLister was lucky to stay on the pitch after a very wild pull when a Dunloy player was on the deck and also for a slap back when he was bottled up. Very stange decisions by Herbie who gave a hop ball for the first and done James for over carrying for the second.

I thought Neil McAuley was quite good but performance of the weekend for me had to be Karl Stewart who was immense again.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

Quote from: the colonel on September 03, 2012, 10:05:03 AM
Yesterday after a slow enough first few minutes due to stoppages we got going but over complicated things. If we had kept it simple we would have been out of sight in first half. Instead of popping the ball over the bar we took too many touches and let St Galls get a few openings from the turnovers (penalty and a point).

As regards to any physical stuff I would say we weren't bad, just letting St Galls know they were in a game. All the wild strokes in the game came from St Galls as far as I could see- Karl Stewart on Karl McKeegan at the start, CJ On Sean Delargy which was very early, and also the one on the keeper from Anto Healy. I am glad we have came out unscathed and were able to use a few off the bench. I am not sure what happened Kevin McGourty as I never seen it. Himself and CJ gave all the officials serious abuse and were reported several times to the referee without any real action.

Went to the game in Loughgiel. Ballycastle looked sharp at the start and the two corner forwards looked as if they were going to cause serious damage. McLister started very well. He was starved of ball in the second half and all the ball went to Saul McCaughan who struggled as the game went on as Paudie Shivers got to grips with him. Strange from Ballycastle. The two Cunnings coming on helped Dunloy in the half forward line. Hopefully Conor is ok as he looked to be in discomfort as he was stretchered off. Big Paddy still has the touch of class even if the legs can't take him any more. Ballycastle missed some opportunities from frees as Cossie was off form. Serious one sided. Milltown if you want to see jabs in the ribs etc then you should have seen Cossie and Kevin McKeague who completely bullied Cossie. James McLister was lucky to stay on the pitch after a very wild pull when a Dunloy player was on the deck and also for a slap back when he was bottled up. Very stange decisions by Herbie who gave a hop ball for the first and done James for over carrying for the second.

I thought Neil McAuley was quite good but performance of the weekend for me had to be Karl Stewart who was immense again.

Very Arsène Wenger like :o  Spoke to Kevin club after match, he claimed that Carson smacked him through helmet, as for letting us know we are in a game, well we knew that at the final whistle. Jabbing is not part of the game, can be put down as a deliberate stroke, if going by the rules 8) 

Fair to say that a team that trains properly will have a better chance than a team that puts in 3 training sessions before championship!!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 03, 2012, 09:21:50 AM
Congrats to Dunloy and hard luck to our boys. Neil McAuley was man of the match. Both defences on top really and that made it low scoring and squeeky bum time all the way. Guessing P Dallat must be injured and wonder how him or other injured boys like Clark or Jennings would have made a difference or M dallat. As well as them S McGarry and young Laverty still injured too so fingers crossed mebbe next year a lot of them will be back. Would'nt complain too much about our forwards tho cos McAfee and McLister and Pinky gave the Dunloy defence plenty to do Odd seein Neil in midfeild and Hippy in centre half too. Season over  now but whole squad worked hard and had some bad luck. Be hard for them to take today but they're better than they were last year.
Game was played in good way by both teams. Don't think there was any dirty slaps. Ref blew a lot for too many steps but was pretty much ok.
Can't see St Johns beatin Loughgeil. Dunloy will give Cushendall plenty to do but think the Dall will lose to the Shams in the final.

Any word on the Dunloy boy that got stretchered off?

it was connor cunning, looks like his cruciate is gone again
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets