Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruairi

If  you dont have anything good to say, say nothing. I have been sticking to this philosophy.   

Sleeping giant

Just welcoming you back.   ;)
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

Honestly fancied the town myself in that.  A 1 point defeat will be tough to take for them.  Dall v Dunloy.   Loughgiel v st johns.  Let's here the verdicts?

winker3716

Happy days, QUAD UP!  Off to see Mr. Power in the morning, might even take the day off, and get pissed.  ;)
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

btdtgtt

Closer than you expected SIE?!

Shamrocks v johnnies will be men and boys.
Dall to beat dunloy but close enough.

Shamrocks to complete hat trick.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 02, 2012, 07:33:58 PM
Closer than you expected SIE?!

Shamrocks v johnnies will be men and boys.
Dall to beat dunloy but close enough.

Shamrocks to complete hat trick.
A lot closer. ballycastle will be kicking themselves.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

CastleCamog

Dunloy didn't win that game.......we lost it  :(

Our boys have put it in this year, their commitment and attitude totally different to previous years.  They'll be back and be better for it.  Would like to see a Dall v Lgiel final.

saffron89

hardly think the the dall or shams will be quaking in their boots.  Town did most of the hurling but didn't make it count.  Doubt the bench isn't the strongest if they watched that for as long.  with exception of young stoogie mcafee and to a lesser extent pinky they didn't really have forwards.  Cosie's confidence went with the frees and he was on the slide after that.  A shame he is a confidence player and has been tremendous servant to the town down the years.  Dunloy a far cry from yester year.

agree with btgtt shams v dall final, and if shams don't have some challenge between now and the final they could be caught.  Dall will get tightened by Dunloy though not by much

Jesusjones

Was at 3 of the 4 quarter final matches. Loughgiel were always on top against Glenariff but will be concerned about letting in 4 goals. They have the luxury of a great subs bench and being able to bring in players the quality of Watson and Duck is a big plus, can't see St. Johns getting within 6 points of them. In the Cushendall V Galls game I'd be happy with the result and for 80% of the game the performance, just the 5 mins either side of half time we switched off. Marked improvement on last year when we robbed St. Galls down in Loughgiel. Ballycastle will be wondering how they got beat, they hurled Dunloy off the park from start to finish with Neil Mc Auley giving the performance of the weekend, he was brilliant. However Ballycastle's tactic of hitting in low ball from 50 and 60 yards out was their downfall, if you've a shooting chance from 60 yards or less you should always go for it. Dunloy were so so lucky to get out of it at all but I suppose a wins a win. Prediction Ruairi Og and Loughgiel to progress to the final and thats all I'm saying at this stage. ;)

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 02, 2012, 08:59:38 PM
Was at 3 of the 4 quarter final matches. Loughgiel were always on top against Glenariff but will be concerned about letting in 4 goals. They have the luxury of a great subs bench and being able to bring in players the quality of Watson and Duck is a big plus, can't see St. Johns getting within 6 points of them. In the Cushendall V Galls game I'd be happy with the result and for 80% of the game the performance, just the 5 mins either side of half time we switched off. Marked improvement on last year when we robbed St. Galls down in Loughgiel. Ballycastle will be wondering how they got beat, they hurled Dunloy off the park from start to finish with Neil Mc Auley giving the performance of the weekend, he was brilliant. However Ballycastle's tactic of hitting in low ball from 50 and 60 yards out was their downfall, if you've a shooting chance from 60 yards or less you should always go for it. Dunloy were so so lucky to get out of it at all but I suppose a wins a win. Prediction Ruairi Og and Loughgiel to progress to the final and thats all I'm saying at this stage. ;)

wouldn't say they hurled us of the park. both teams where very poor. ballycastle still toothless up front but MC Auley was  best player on the field. as for us if we can hurl that bad and still win then i wouldn't be scared of the dall.If  we can turn it on next day and that's a big if. I thought the man in the middle was brutal tonight for both teams, he likes the sound of his whistle. completely disrupted the game stopping any flow. hard luck to Ballycastle
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

winker3716

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 02, 2012, 09:29:53 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on September 02, 2012, 08:59:38 PM

wouldn't say they hurled us of the park. both teams where very poor. ballycastle still toothless up front but MC Auley was  best player on the field. as for us if we can hurl that bad and still win then i wouldn't be scared of the dall.If  we can turn it on next day and that's a big if. I thought the man in the middle was brutal tonight for both teams, he likes the sound of his whistle. completely disrupted the game stopping any flow. hard luck to Ballycastle
C wat I mean about refs!  Loving the limelight, centre of attention, power freaks.  Plenty of yapping by your supporters and on the line.  Appears to be a common Dunloy trait, win lose or draw.  ;)
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

Sleeping giant

St johns in casement could be completely different to st johns in maybe dunloy.   I'd have to give dall the win against a dying dunloy team. No hatred involved. Slowly but surely dying

Two Hands FFS

Any word on Conor Cunning? A great servant for Dunloy who has been unluck with a few bad injuries. Fingers crossed it ain't too bad.

Seamroga in exile

I still have the Dall as favourites.  :)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jesusjones

Again... Very good SIE. Folks we thought Dunloy were dying a few years ago and they won the championship!!