Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Maybe jumping the gun with Conor McKenna - hopefully get some clarity over the next few weeks but no doubt it would be great to have him back

trileacman

Sheer coincidence that McKenna's home. Yis hardly think he seen McShane staying and Kerry bate and booked a flight at 4 in the morning.
He's obviously bored out of his nut in an AFL preseason and without competitive action probably told the club look I need some home time before the 6 month season slog of AFL. In reality it's his last chance to be home before season starts so he's probably making the most of that.

Unlike McShane he is actually contracted to an AFL club so I'd say he could be found in breach of contract if he fucked of just at the start of a season. Few men would trade well paid work for the uncertainty of going back to Eglish with a legal bill round your neck.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Angelo

Quote from: trileacman on February 11, 2020, 10:30:04 PM
Sheer coincidence that McKenna's home. Yis hardly think he seen McShane staying and Kerry bate and booked a flight at 4 in the morning.
He's obviously bored out of his nut in an AFL preseason and without competitive action probably told the club look I need some home time before the 6 month season slog of AFL. In reality it's his last chance to be home before season starts so he's probably making the most of that.

Unlike McShane he is actually contracted to an AFL club so I'd say he could be found in breach of contract if he fucked of just at the start of a season. Few men would trade well paid work for the uncertainty of going back to Eglish with a legal bill round your neck.

Breach of contract? Would imagine it's only if he left and then signed with another AFL side that would be an issue. Plenty of Irish lads break their AFL contracts and come home.

I don't think Essedon would have released a statement in that manner if they thought it was a routine trip home. I don't think they'd sanction a trip back to Ireland 4 weeks before the start of the season in normal circumstances.

There's more at play here for me.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

redhandefender

Quote from: trileacman on February 11, 2020, 10:30:04 PM

Yeah that makes zero sense, you think they will lock him up at the essendon ground until the end of his contract. I wouldn't be surprised if he did want home and see the mcshance saga. Would be a superb addition!

Also boys above knocking a young lad like lee brennan is ridiculous. lee will definitely come again

The_Slug

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 11, 2020, 09:03:18 PM
Is Lee Brennan suddenly not rated?

Breenan is an excellent dead ball kicker, probably the best around but i think mcaliskey and bradley are much more effective in open play than him... at county level anyway. Canavan also as inroundthesquare mentioned

Angelo

The issue with Lee Brennan for me is an attitude/mindset one.

He's a fantastic footballer, a joy to watch when he's on song. He's a maverick player but all the top forwards now are workhorses as well as mavericks - look at the likes of McManus, Murphy, Mannion, Kilkenny, O'Callaghan, Clifford and Geaney - they all put a power of work in defensively.

I think Brennan lacks that now and I think he was extremely premature in walking away last year considering he started an All Ireland semi final about 7 or 8 months prior. It's not a great look that the first sign of him falling back in the pecking order had him downing tools.

For me McCurry and Bradley are currently ahead of him and McAliskey if he was available too and I think the most of these lads you'll want starting together is 2.

What's impressed me about McCurry this season is his work rate and appetite. He looks in top shape physically

Taylor

Agree on McCurry - he looks much leaner this season and his workrate has been fantastic to date.

With Donnelly & McShane up top getting a lot of the attention McCurry could be the man

square_ball

Speaking of Canavan is he playing for the u20s this weekend? He hasn't features at all in the pre season competition I don't think?

Angelo

Quote from: topofthesoil on February 12, 2020, 10:50:50 AM
Quote from: Taylor on February 12, 2020, 09:46:45 AM
Agree on McCurry - he looks much leaner this season and his workrate has been fantastic to date.

With Donnelly & McShane up top getting a lot of the attention McCurry could be the man

A lot of talk about donnelly on the board considering he hasn't touched leather this season, no guarantee he will be the same animal as last season. Although i do hope he reaches the same heights.

Fingers crossed but it's a very worrying injury alright but Mattie seems to be the type of lad who will take his rehab extremely seriously.

Stan

Quote from: topofthesoil on February 12, 2020, 10:50:50 AM
Quote from: Taylor on February 12, 2020, 09:46:45 AM

A lot of talk about donnelly on the board considering he hasn't touched leather this season, no guarantee he will be the same animal as last season. Although i do hope he reaches the same heights.

What about R. Donnelly and C. McShane together?

bigtogs

Anyone know the real story with McKenna.....has he quit down under and will he join up with the Tyrone  panel??

phpearse

Conor McKenna playing in the MacRory Cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hEshsQY_9Q

Back training with Eglish last night apparently.

Angelo

Quote from: phpearse on February 13, 2020, 01:43:09 PM
Conor McKenna playing in the McCrory Cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hEshsQY_9Q

Back training with Eglish last night apparently.

The minor semi final against Roscommon in 2013 when he pretty much beat them on his own was one of the best individual displays I've seen.

Think he was minor again the following year.

Eire90

Dire Ear