The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: JoG2 on April 21, 2016, 04:17:19 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on April 21, 2016, 04:10:10 PM
Wow. That's awful. Massive cringy bullshit from him there.

I enjoyed reading that and I've no grĂ¡ for the UFC. He's a quare operator in and out of the pentagon

I'm sure the details of the arranged promotions were in the pre-fight contract he signed.
It's up to the fighters to sort their training around this.
Sure every fighter has to do the same level of promotion.
If CMCG didn't take on all the additional sponsorship and media coverage then his time wouldn't be so consumed.
I am not that clued in with the whole sport but I would image there are other outlets for the fighting arts if he isn't in agreement with the UFC's policy.

screenexile

He's acting like a child here... he signed a contract which I'm sure laid out all his commitments so Dana told him to f**k off when he tries to renegotiate after the fact.

The lads in the UFC aren't known to be sympathetic and while this circus is creating great publicity I'm sure White and Fertitta won't be held to ransom by McGregor. . . if they grant his demands then who else is going to come out next and say they aren't going to do the promotion. It's a business and McGregor know this too well it's up to him to fit his training around his commitments so that he's in correct shape for the fight!!!

Hound

I thought it was brilliant statement. He got so much in there

He's no interest in doing the usual multiple rounds of PR stuff, as his style of pre-fight banter lampooning his opponent, just can't wash against someone who made him tap out last time!

So instead he pulls his twitter and facebook stunts that gets more publicity than UFC could have dreamed of! Not exactly what they wanted, but massie publicity nonetheless.

Not sure whether Dana will change his mind, will depend on if they can get another headline act. But if McGregor is not reinstated, there's supposed to be another big UFC event on in Madison Square Garden in the Autumn, and McGregor will headline that if he doesn't get UFC 200. I still wouldnt rule him out of 200 though.

Under Lights

Hound was it not more he was pulled from the card so he took the huff and posted the Twitter message rather than he posted the Twitter message, creating hype, before he was pulled.

I have massive respect for anyone who stands in a boxing ring or whatever you call what MMA fighters fight in, takes massive balls to do that but crying over having to do something he signed up to do just looks like he is making excuses and changed his mind about this rematch.

INDIANA

Quote from: Hound on April 21, 2016, 07:50:10 PM

He's no interest in doing the usual multiple rounds of PR stuff, as his style of pre-fight banter lampooning his opponent, just can't wash against someone who made him tap out last time!

So instead he pulls his twitter and facebook stunts that gets more publicity than UFC could have dreamed of! Not exactly what they wanted, but massie publicity nonetheless.

Not sure whether Dana will change his mind, will depend on if they can get another headline act. But if McGregor is not reinstated, there's supposed to be another big UFC event on in Madison Square Garden in the Autumn, and McGregor will headline that if he doesn't get UFC 200. I still wouldnt rule him out of 200 though.

He knew when he signed for the UFC what the gig was. No point complaining about it afterwards. He was quite happy to do it when he was on the dole. And he'd still be on the dole queue if it wasn't for the UFC.

He's a multi millionaire and he doesn't need the UFC anymore that's what it comes down to. And that's fine but that statement is car crash material. Even has spelling mistakes

Asal Mor

That's a great point.
Also, at this stage everyone knows about Mcgregor and Diaz and the reasons why McGregor would be so desperate to win, and how difficult it would be for him to beat Diaz at 170. It's a genuinely fascinating re-match and it hardly needs all the phony, panto bullshit that usually goes with these occasions.

STREET FIGHTER

Surely this is all one massive con which is set to make both CMcG and the UFC millions (more).

In hiding

I totally agree.
Actually starting to like mc gregor. Smart boy

The Iceman

he's a genius... by negotiating via twitter he has removed all the UFCs cards... the fans are already badgering dana and Lorenzo. By pulling the fight from UFC 200 based on McGregor's story the UFC looks bad and CMG looks like the victim. Fighters have now changed their opinion of him and are tipping their hats to him in respect of his stance.  In one ranting statement he has cornered the UFC and won over the other fighters....

he will get UFC 200 or the MSG card and make himself and the UFC a fortune. He broke the internet when he announced his retirement
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Never beat the deeler

Hasta la victoria siempre

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on April 22, 2016, 12:02:16 AM
he's a genius... by negotiating via twitter he has removed all the UFCs cards... the fans are already badgering dana and Lorenzo. By pulling the fight from UFC 200 based on McGregor's story the UFC looks bad and CMG looks like the victim. Fighters have now changed their opinion of him and are tipping their hats to him in respect of his stance.  In one ranting statement he has cornered the UFC and won over the other fighters....

he will get UFC 200 or the MSG card and make himself and the UFC a fortune. He broke the internet when he announced his retirement

He has won over some fighters.

Hound

Entertaining first UFC200 press conference last night. All the press want McGregor on it and they hounded Dana, but he wasn't budging "How many times have I got to say it" he repeated more than once! His reason is that it wouldnt be fair on the other fighters because they've all made the effort to be here and Conor hasn't. The press guys couldnt see what fair had anything to do with, and one said that McGregor has done more to promote UFC200 than anyone else. Dana accepted that, but repeated it wouldnt be fair to keep him on the card.

Dana then said Diaz is still on the card, and we're going to find him an opponent.

When Diaz was asked who would he like to fight, and the reporter threw out a couple of suggestions, Diaz said he's either fighting McGregor, or he's not fighting! That seemed like a surprise to Dana!

Dana said McGregor will not be fighting in New York (UFC205 in November) he'll fight before that. That took reporters by surprise as New York seemed an obvious venue for Conor.

Dana was asked could Jones be on UFC200, and he said that was a distinct possiblilty. So best guess now is that if Jones wins easy tonight, then it seems very likely that Jones v Cormier II will be on UFC200 and McGregor v Diaz II will headline UFC 202/203.

If Jones loses to St Preux or has a very tough night, then it could be all back up in the air.

Tony Baloney

And you believed it?! It's the sort of red top PR crap that the X-Factor does here every year. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the whole thing was sanctioned by Dana White to drum up even more publicity. Gone fishin'.

INDIANA

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 23, 2016, 09:32:51 AM

And you believed it?! It's the sort of red top PR crap that the X-Factor does here every year. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the whole thing was sanctioned by Dana White to drum up even more publicity. Gone fishin'.

I'd have to agree. Mc Gregor got his arse kicked last time just in case anyone has forgotten by a guy who has lost 10 fights. The second coming of Ali this isn't

Mc gregor is a brilliant PR man and that's where his future lies in my view.

DuffleKing

Indy I struggle to understand why you pontificate on something like this, ie a subject matter you patently know nothing about. I've been competing at decent level BJJ for nearly 20 years but I wouldn't presume to have any fundamental understanding of the UFC or these fighters. I wouldn't really be a McGregor fan either but I can respect his achievements and qualities.